manchester@eastern pike d-4 regional semi final

B-dawg79
Freshman Team

Re: manchester@eastern pike d-4 regional semi final

Post by B-dawg79 »

streetballer wrote:Congrats to the eagles..u had an advantage b4 the game even started..but ur present for winning is ur next game u get slammed by 40+.
get slammed by 40 i thought manchester was supposed to blow them out but i guess theres always gonna be sore losers such as yourself posting

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Both teams had to play on the same court in the same heat. It is winter and usually cold, not much Waverly or the OHSAA could do about that. Manchester couldn't hit a 3 or a FT. Make some of those and it would have been a different game. Eastern came out and played better ball, plain and simple.

smack
Riding the Bench

Post by smack »

does anybody have the stats for the game

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Only stats I caught was 85 degrees with 98% humidity LOL

Lands and Saturn??????? Had 16 apiece

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

How's that bird, Streetwanker? Caw caw caw

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

Stats I caught at end of game was Lands/Satterfield with 16 a piece. Pickett with 10 and Lykins with 8. Others scored but can't remember all. Great game eagles. Congrats on the win and now get ready for africentric and the elite 8!

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

First, congrats Eagles!!!!!!!!

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Second,

Streetballer, take your sorry butt elsewhere!!!! You're not wanted and certainly not needed here!!! You can take your poor sportsmanship and shove it!! You don't represent anything this site is supposed to be about!!!! Go away with your mouth shut, with a little dignity, before you embarrass the REAL Manchester FAITHFUL any more than you already have!!!!

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Swanker Pine wrote:How's that bird, Streetwanker? Caw caw caw
He said it needs ketchup

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

I have to give credit to that Eastern D, it was impressive tonight. Their defense is a lot of the reason Manchester struggled to score. They did an excellent job on Combs, how many did he end with? But great season Manchester, and congratulations Eagles, bring that Regional Championship back to Beaver and Southeast Ohio!!!

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

run-n-gun wrote:I have to give credit to that Eastern D, it was impressive tonight. Their defense is a lot of the reason Manchester struggled to score. They did an excellent job on Combs, how many did he end with? But great season Manchester, and congratulations Eagles, bring that Regional Championship back to Beaver and Southeast Ohio!!!
Agree. Some the best defensive I have seen ever from an Eastern team. The Eagles had Combs frustrated and the entire Manchester team confused. Great plan and great win! Manchester struggled to get open shots all night and even on the deep threes the eagles got a handup. Lands played a great all around game. Pikett must have had 12+ boards. SAtterfield played much better and was a big factor also.

Congrats to the Eagles and Coach Fitch on going where only the 1984 team (SOCFAN1430 is a great source on the EAgles hoops history) has been! You have made us all proud to be an Eagle!

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

Their d did frusturate the hounds a bit but hell if it hadn't been for those stiff ass rims over half of the hounds shots would have dropped in...but like I said previously that's the advantage eastern had b4 game started they knew the rims better than manchester and looks like ohsaa was tryin to set it up for them to win also by makin them only have to travel wat 10-15 minutes to manchesters 45 minutes..but once again congrats on the win and ur present of gettin slammed by 40+ by africentric..haha

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

streetballer wrote:Their d did frusturate the hounds a bit but hell if it hadn't been for those stiff booty rims over half of the hounds shots would have dropped in...but like I said previously that's the advantage eastern had b4 game started they knew the rims better than manchester and looks like ohsaa was tryin to set it up for them to win also by makin them only have to travel wat 10-15 minutes to manchesters 45 minutes..but once again congrats on the win and ur present of gettin slammed by 40+ by africentric..haha
lol, this makes the SHL look stupid

"stiff...booty....rims..."? lol WOW

Manchester should be ecstatic with the run they made considering the inconsistent year they had, hats off to the seniors for putting a run together. I always enjoyed watching Combs, he was one of the better competitors I've seen at the high school level. It truly took his game to the next level.
Good Luck Eastern, and Congrats!

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

Great Job Eagles! Good group of kids.

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

hook em horns wrote:Congratulations to Eastern Pike on the regional semi-final win.

Outstanding run by Manchester, three straight District titles is quite impressive. Congratulations Greyhounds and Coach Aaron Lockhart on the success and feel good moments you provided the community.

I agree 3 straight District Titles is a great accomplishment and something the Manchester faithful should be proud of. Combs is a nice player just didn't get off to a good start and didn't shoot the ball well. The Eagle D had a little something to do with that. Chad Lands was the true difference in the game last night, he was relentless and played twice as hard as anyone on the floor(especially in the 1st half). Satterfield started a little slow but played big in the 2nd half. Pickett was a man on the glass had to have 20 rebounds.In the end our boys just had a little more left in the tank, Machester looked tired early in the 3rd.What a great atmosphere last night, Congrats to Coach Fitch and our Eagles let's party like it's 1984. Elite 8 GO EAGLES!

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

streetballer wrote:Their d did frusturate the hounds a bit but hell if it hadn't been for those stiff booty rims over half of the hounds shots would have dropped in...but like I said previously that's the advantage eastern had b4 game started they knew the rims better than manchester and looks like ohsaa was tryin to set it up for them to win also by makin them only have to travel wat 10-15 minutes to manchesters 45 minutes..but once again congrats on the win and ur present of gettin slammed by 40+ by africentric..haha

Your Hounds were allowed a 2 hour practice in Waverlys gym before the game started, the Eagles hadn't shot on those rims since December. Worst case scenario Eastern will be getting another medal as Regional Runner Up and your Hounds got sent home early. Your a punk and I'm glad you'll have nothing but crying and complaining until next season. Your boys got out worked and out played last night so deal with it, that's why they play the games on any night anyone can put 4 quarters together to win. Even when most think they have no shot, GO EAGLES!

NormanDale
Freshman Team

Post by NormanDale »

Well said Jesco, streetsweeper gives the real Manchester faithful a bad name. He was one of the"fans" walking out with 1:30 left on the clock. Truth is eastern came out with an intensity Manchester couldn't match. Manchester shot 27% from the field 47% from the line. We ran into a better team on that given night. I'll say it's been a great pleasure watching this senior class play over the years. Combs has been one of the best players to come out of Manchester if not the best. # 2 on the all time scoring list I think. Good luck to eastern Pike, give them all they can handle!

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

NormanDale wrote:Well said Jesco, streetsweeper gives the real Manchester faithful a bad name. He was one of the"fans" walking out with 1:30 left on the clock. Truth is eastern came out with an intensity Manchester couldn't match. Manchester shot 27% from the field 47% from the line. We ran into a better team on that given night. I'll say it's been a great pleasure watching this senior class play over the years. Combs has been one of the best players to come out of Manchester if not the best. # 2 on the all time scoring list I think. Good luck to eastern Pike, give them all they can handle!

Great Post, The Hounds had a great season Manchester folks should be proud. Combs is much better than he showed last night and the whole team for that matter

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

StreetJerk is an idiot!!

I watched a hard fought game by both teams. I thought Fitch had a great game plan. Used the zone to attempt to slow the Hounds down, and he was trying to keep his boys under control while MHS was trying to speed them up. The Eagles had several turnovers and quick shots when they got sped up, but Fitch kept telling them to slow down. A very nice job.

I could not figure out why the guards guarding Lands kept going under screens to give lands breathing room? And they never made that adjustment. If your going under a screen on a great shooter like Lands, then you have to have hedge help. Also why the heck weren't they face guarding him? They just let the Eagles get the ball in his hands as easily as he wanted especially in the closing seconds of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd quarters??? Very strange. The only adjustment I saw was putting 12 on him instead of 14. I didn't see MHS playing with the determination that the Eagles did. And you could see the frustration in the MHS players. MHS had so many open looks on the 3 and couldn't knock any down. That was the difference in the game in my oppinion. Someone posted they were contested, but very few were. Very, very cold shooting last night. From the free throw line as well.

Good luck Eagles and represent District 13 well.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

I honestly never thought this would happen to be truthful.....WOW, great Job Eastern and coaching staff! This makes my beloved South Gallia kids look better. Keep it up and go make our district proud!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”