SEOPS HO

Portsmouth vs Chesapeake Regional semifinal

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Who wins this batle

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Portsmouth vs Chesapeake

Post by Ironman92 »

We'll get to see who is the deserving #1 seed at the Jackson sectional....unless Ironton wins their game then beats the winner of this one

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Re: Portsmouth vs Chesapeake Regional semifinal

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

We cant get in foul trouble like we did tonight.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Will be a great game....Portsmouth got 0 bench points vs. Valley...they cant afford that wednesday.

Peake 62
Portsmouth 59

3 ball at the buzzer to win..

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

The Trojans have only givin up 60 points or more three times this year once to Ironton and 2 to warren. If we keep Peake under 60 we will win.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

I think it will be a great game,but it was clear that Chesapeake was the best shooting team in Athens today!

Ironton will prob come out to play whoever wins,I think peake is prob 6 points better than any team i saw tonight.

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

Portsmouth by 6

Symmescrk243
Waterboy

Post by Symmescrk243 »

Last year, Portsmouth was in cpeake's head before they even stepped on the court. Because of that, they were pretty much in control that whole game. Cpeake really didn't stop thinking and start getting after it til the fourth quarter. I believe the peake had the better team from top to bottom, but Portsmouth was definitely quicker. This peake team may not be as talented as last years but I believe they can match the trojan's quickness this year....something they couldn't do last year. With that said, if cpeake comes out and attacks instead of reacts then they should win this ballgame.

Cpeake-67
Trojans-58

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

Tobias wrote:We have defeated Chesapeake (as underdogs) the last two times we played each other.

Make us underdogs again.....please!

:mrgreen:
No chance, Tobias! Not this year. I still stand by my comment a while back that Portsmouth/Ironton/Chesapeake are pick'em games. Whoever plays closest to their game plan will win. The Chesapeake/Portsmouth game will go the the final seconds.

Dr Lou
Riding the Bench

Post by Dr Lou »

chicken_coop wrote:Will be a great game....Portsmouth got 0 bench points vs. Valley...they cant afford that wednesday.

Peake 62
Portsmouth 59

3 ball at the buzzer to win..
They need to find time for a few more. Sky Oliver is ready to contribute IMHO.

smack
Riding the Bench

Post by smack »

chesapeake by 10.

thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

If Peake shoots the 3 like they did last night i will take them by 5.

pantherdad
JV Team

Re: Portsmouth vs Chesapeake

Post by pantherdad »

Ironman92 wrote:We'll get to see who is the deserving #1 seed at the Jackson sectional....unless Ironton wins their game then beats the winner of this one
Both were deserving of the #1 seed. Peake got it for reasons that no longer matter. Both teams were destined for this game...and here it is.

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

Tobias wrote:
pantherdad wrote:
Tobias wrote:We have defeated Chesapeake (as underdogs) the last two times we played each other.

Make us underdogs again.....please!

No chance, Tobias! Not this year. I still stand by my comment a while back that Portsmouth/Ironton/Chesapeake are pick'em games. Whoever plays closest to their game plan will win. The Chesapeake/Portsmouth game will go the the final seconds.
Chesapeake is obviously the better team...according to the coaches who gave them the #1 seed...to the AP voters who have placed them higher in the polls than Portsmouth...

Chesapeake is the favorite in this game once again.....

The regional semi-final with Peake will come down to two things...can Peake keep Portsmouth from penetrating the inside...can Portsmouth shut down all 5 of Peake's outside shooters. If Noble and Hintz have good scoring games (because of focus on Kennedy and McMaster)...Peake has the edge. If Portsmouth gets to the inside for layups, short jumpers, and dump offs to the big men, advantage Trojans. If Portsmouth gets hot from outside, trouble. If Peake keeps the Trojans off the boards, Panthers are a step ahead.

Last year, I thought Peake should win. This year, there are no "shoulds". This one comes down to best performance on game night. No predictions from me this year. I'll be in the stands holding my breath for over an hour.

Go Peake!

independent2012
Freshman Team

Post by independent2012 »

Here we go again,keep talking about chesapeake being better than Portsmouth at what position,Portsmouth has the best two players on the floor and I would take our bench over theirs.

Sky Oliver is not ready until Collins says he's ready which is the same thing his grandfather is telling him,his time will come when the coach is ready for him.
Will not predict a score but like I said last year the more you talk about how good Peake is our boys will read this and take it personal.
Good luck to the Trojans and hope both teams leave the floor injury free.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

The Trojans were up to the challenge last year, and were not intimidated by Chespeake's many blowout wins..........this year, I don't see any advantage that the Panthers have over the Trojans.......with that said, though, PHS will have to play a very good game to defeat a very good Panthers team.........our Trojans believe in themselves against anybody, whatever adversity they face, or however good the opponent is.......sometimes the wins like Wheelersburg, Piketon, or Valley may not look pretty, and at times Portsmouth may not have a sexy style of play........but it's been good enough to produce a 21-2 record, an SEOAL title, back to back district titles, with a Final 4 appearance last year. Coach Collins is 54-14 in just his 3rd year, so we are in good shape on the sidelines in big games.

juke boxer
JV Team

Post by juke boxer »

Peakes blowouts are deceiving, they leave starters in a LONG time, but they Shoot the ball extremely well. Ports has to get inside game going. 2 different games, should be very interesting !!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

independent2012 wrote:Here we go again,keep talking about chesapeake being better than Portsmouth at what position,Portsmouth has the best two players on the floor and I would take our bench over theirs.

Sky Oliver is not ready until Collins says he's ready which is the same thing his grandfather is telling him,his time will come when the coach is ready for him.
Will not predict a score but like I said last year the more you talk about how good Peake is our boys will read this and take it personal.
Good luck to the Trojans and hope both teams leave the floor injury free.

Against Valley...Portsmouths bench had 0 points....they cant afford that again to beat Peake.

Symmescrk243
Waterboy

Post by Symmescrk243 »

I am a big peake fan, and I don't think we are better than Portsmouth this year. Last year I did. I giv Portsmouth mad respect. They are the second team this year that cpeake will play who is capable of hitting us right back in the mouth. Let's just hope we expect it this year and play panther basketball. If we do that, we will be fine.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

How many subs did Peake use in their win against Peebles? I thought just one. Also they kept their starters in the game until 2 minutes left.

Return to “Boys Basketball”