Portsmouth vs Chesapeake Regional semifinal

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

PTrojan59
S

Re: Portsmouth vs Chesapeake Regional semifinal

Post by PTrojan59 »

Good game here at half both teams playin a bit sloppy tho Chesapeake can really shoot the ball but I feel Portsmouth is having success down low have some missed baskets down low even should be a good second half Go Trojans!

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

Are there no Portsmouth or Chesapesake fans doing UPDATES on here?

lumag13
Waterboy

Post by lumag13 »

I'm glad you are. Keep em coming.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

3RD QTR
TIME - PT - CP
7:?? - 27 - 23
6:?? - 28 - 25
6:?? - 30 - 25
6:?? - 32 - 27
5:?? - 35 - 27
4:?? - 37 - 27
2:?? - 39 - 31
1:?? - 39 - 33
0:?? - 41 - 35
0:?? - 41 - 35 - END OF 3RD QTR

4TH QTR
TIME - PT - CP
7:?? - 41 - 37
7:?? - 43 - 37 - ??? they never say the score
5:?? - 45 - 37
4:?? - 47 - 37
3:?? - 47 - 37
2:?? - 47 - 39
1:?? - 47 - 39 - no scoring - sloppy play by both teams
0:58 - 47 - 39
0:?? - 47 - 41
0:30 - 49 - 41
0:20 - 50 - 43 -
0:?? - 53 - 45 - GAME OVER
Last edited by caglewis on Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

B-dawg79
Freshman Team

Post by B-dawg79 »

portsmouth has this one wrapped up mckinley with a big game

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

Final??? Kinda shocked at the score of this one. Thought Peake would come out on top.

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

knowledge wrote:Portsmouth has been a little off rythm lately vs. both Piketon and Valley, I credit that mainly to the tempo from both teams by design ofcourse to get Portsmouth out of their rythm because when you do that, Portsmouth doesn't even shoot the ball as well as normal. The Trojans like to get up and down and play in that flow, and when that is taken away it creates problems. That being said, I seen Chesapeake play fast vs. Peebles and run the sideline break a lot, basically just pushing the ball up the court, I see this playing to Portsmouth's advantage, and expect big nights shooting the ball from Evans and Whitley. Portsmouth by 9. McKinley another 20 and 15 type game. If Collins and Carter play to their capabilities Portsmouth could win going away. I'm very interested for this matchup, because like I said earlier..the Peake will run..BUT they know when it is time to grind it out in the halfcourt, and I am interested to see the gameplan Coach Davis brings. I also wonder if Coach Collins will go the trapping zone to speed up Peake if Davis does insist on playing a more halfcourt game. Basketball Thirty!

Haha Almost! :122249

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Great win Portsmouth....great season Peake

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congrats to Portsmouth on the win and to Chesapeake on another great season.

Just My Opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Just My Opinion »

For the second year in a row chesapeake got out coached. You would have thought that after last year's game that coach Davis would learned how to play a zone defense, but nope, not one time did Davis drop back to a zone. Good job Coach Davis.

B-dawg79
Freshman Team

Post by B-dawg79 »

yea true they couldnt stop dion

vchoops
Freshman Team

Post by vchoops »

That's BS. Coach Davis is an excellent coach. It's a lot easier to sit in the stands and criticize than it is to actually be in the middle of the battle. Come on in if you think you have what it takes..... the waters warm!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

A few photos from Portsmouth vs Peake ... http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 968&type=1

B-dawg79
Freshman Team

Post by B-dawg79 »

vchoops wrote:That's BS. Coach Davis is an excellent coach. It's a lot easier to sit in the stands and criticize than it is to actually be in the middle of the battle. Come on in if you think you have what it takes..... the waters warm!
vchoops i agree on davis being a good coach just look at his history good stuff but ptown had way to many points in the paint and alot to do with coaching mistakes ptown had way to many uncontested shots and if he had played zone they wouldve stayed in this game a little better and had probably won it tonite gene collins was the better coach plain and simple

smack
Riding the Bench

Post by smack »

Just My Opinion wrote:For the second year in a row chesapeake got out coached. You would have thought that after last year's game that coach Davis would learned how to play a zone defense, but nope, not one time did Davis drop back to a zone. Good job Coach Davis.
agreed.they shouldv,e seen what vally did to shut him down.

moose
Varsity

Post by moose »

For the second year in a row, the Trojans force moose to drive home with a longer :shock: face than normal.

Congrats to the Panther seniors on a great 4 years. The first final four, followed with an elite eight and a sweet sixteen this year. You have been a joy to watch.

Portsmouth found out early what worked, DION in the paint. Stuck with it in the second quarter, more DION in the paint and then rode it through the third quarter, DION in the paint. DION might have put up 50 if Ptown had not been content to run some clock in the final period. Congratulations to the Trojans on a solid game plan and players who executed it. Chessie shot poorly, but the perimeter defense of Portsmouth had something to do with that.

Congratulations to Ironton on the victory tonight also.

Here's hoping that the Trojans or the Tigers can bring a trophy back to southern Ohio.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Congrats to the Trojans on the big win. Now on to the rematch with Ironton. Didn't they split during the regular season? Should be a dandy!!

Just My Opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Just My Opinion »

vchoops wrote:That's BS. Coach Davis is an excellent coach. It's a lot easier to sit in the stands and criticize than it is to actually be in the middle of the battle. Come on in if you think you have what it takes..... the waters warm!
I'm not saying that coach Davis is not a good coach cause he does a good job with the talent that he has, but it's also the coach's job to make adjustments and for some reason he will not play a zone. If the head coach is to caught up in the battle of the game to make adjustments then his assistants need to speak up and say something, that's why you have assistants.

The bottom line is, if you can't stop the guy from penetrating to the basket and then dumping it off, you have to play a zone to stop it. I honestly think that if Davis would have dropped back and played a zone last year in the second half and played a zone this year that Chesapeake would have won both of those games.

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

1st off I would like to say it was nice to finally meet Pfloyd! Now as far as the game goes when it comes to the officiating it looked like that crew just wanted to get home quick, they let a lot of fouls go on both ends and let them play therefor the game got sloppy and was in favor of Portsmouth. As far as Coaching Goes I think im finally warming up to Coach Collins! LOL. His team executed and played solid defense, Dion battled underneath and had a great game! Now to Chesapeake.... Game Plan?? Sometimes you have to go against your game plan to win and the Panthers didn't. Watching the game in depth nobody boxed out and Mckinley had his way in the post with everybody! It was clear in the 1st half that the Panthers were being exploited in the post but no change in defense and I am almost positive the Trojans didn't hit one three and they had some open looks! So why not try a 2-3 something different b/c the man to man wasn't working b/c even though ball pressure was good Portsmouths guards are good so they were still able to handle the ball for the most part. On the offensive end Austin McMaster maybe got 2 touches the entire game the rest of his points were off of a fast break or put back! The Panthers lacked motion in there offense and most of it consisted of players playing one on one! Thats not what we are used to seeing! Overall maybe the Trojans "D" was just that good! Either way Portsmouth came in with a good game plan and executed! Congrats Trojans!!

TrojanBuff
JV Team

Post by TrojanBuff »

Dion still not good enough to play college ball? lol. I think we all know the answer.

Dion put on a clinic tonight. 30 and 10. Give credit where credit is due.

Return to “Boys Basketball”