Eastern Pike vs. Columbus Africentric - Regional Final

Jeff Lisath
JV Team

Re: Eastern Pike vs. Columbus Africentric - Regional Final

Post by Jeff Lisath »

Congrats to Eastern Coaches, Players, and Community! Awesome to be playing in a Regional Final with a chance to make it to the Final Four. Best of Luck from the Piketon Redstreak Nation!

trubbguru
Riding the Bench

Post by trubbguru »

Eaglesnest wrote:Have not seen Africentric this year. Did they not go to state recently in D3? I am sure the Eagles will be the underdog. Just give it all you got. This team is only 1 game away from the State Tournament. AWESOME JOB! Just give your best effort Eagles!
Seen them at the barn. They blew out a 16-5 millersport who starts 2 kids 6-7 and not a kid under 6-1.They had their subs in in early part of 3rd. Way to athletic for eastern. if eastern slows down game may still be in it in 3rd qtr but if not will get blown out. Have seen several teams in this div they could win it all.

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

SOCFAN1430 wrote:
VegasEagle wrote:I hope the Eagles win but I have Heard this story a 100 times from my dad about what a School from Columbus did to his 1984 Eastern team I hope history dont repeat........GO EAGLES

Buddy your dad has told everyone that story, but it's a great one. I gotta chance to catch up with him Saturday at the Convo
LOL hahaha he should be out there...... I know he was pumped last night he couldnt sleep night we talked some good basketball for a hour and some change....

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

VegasEagle wrote:
SOCFAN1430 wrote:
VegasEagle wrote:I hope the Eagles win but I have Heard this story a 100 times from my dad about what a School from Columbus did to his 1984 Eastern team I hope history dont repeat........GO EAGLES

Buddy your dad has told everyone that story, but it's a great one. I gotta chance to catch up with him Saturday at the Convo
LOL hahaha he should be out there...... I know he was pumped last night he couldnt sleep night we talked some good basketball for a hour and some change....

I didn't even see him last night, that place was so packed. I did see Anthony out there all fired up pumpin his fist, I'm sure your dad wasn't far behind him. They sat on the other end though

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

Oh yea him and Anthony were there my dad said it was Hot and Rocking in that place said it had a feeling like the old days back when they played...... I always liked playing at Waverly just a fun place to play at...

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Best of luck to PJ, his staff, the players and community.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Good luck to Beaver Eastern Friday night...all of southeastern Ohio is behind you (except streetballer apprarently).

streetballer: quit crying (if that's not possible, then how about keeping the crying on manchester threads).

Jeepster: I don't see any reason why local coaches wouldn't help out another local team once their team has been knocked out of the tourney. But here, don't know how relevant the info. would be since South Webster hasn't played Africentric since 2005!*

NormanDale
Freshman Team

Post by NormanDale »

Haven't seen Africentric but here's a guess on the scouting report. I'll say there's about 20-30it boys in this "school" and I'm guessing anyone of them would start for any team in div4. And I'm gonna guess they're all pretty close to 4.0 students?

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Good luck to the Eagles from this Portsmouth Trojans fan.

Jackiemoon33
Waterboy

Post by Jackiemoon33 »

Great Season Eagles!! way to represent Pike Co. go all the way to state. Goodluck.

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

I'm not cryin congrats on the win but gl against africentric ur gonna need it..eagles have to hope africentric has one hell of a cold night of shooting for them to have any chance at all

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

If Coach Fitch and the Eagles can SLOW the game down and value every possession, take only good shots, and limit Africentric to one and done(defensive rebounding) then the Eagles will have a chance to shock the state and earn a bid to Columbus. Eastern guards MUST control the tempo, I'm sure Fitch and Co understand this and will put together a game plan which can limit the number of possession and tempo of the game. For Eastern to win, I feel this game must be in the 40's no more than 50's. Single digit scoring quarter by quarter for Africentric would bold well for Eastern. I will be very interested to see if Eastern takes a similar approach from the Piketon playbook vs. Portsmouth in running time off the clock prior to running a set. Good Luck Eagles !

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Good Luck to the Eagles!!! You have alot of support behind you! Just keep doing what youve been doing and let the cards fall how they may!

Go Eagles!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Best of luck to Eastern!

Question.....is coach Fitch an Eastern graduate? 2001ish?

THE CLAW IS THE LAW
Riding the Bench

Post by THE CLAW IS THE LAW »

I think coach fitch graduated from minford in the late 80's

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

Ironman92 wrote:Best of luck to Eastern!

Question.....is coach Fitch an Eastern graduate? 2001ish?
I think you are thinking of Mike Fitch he was a year ahead of me

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

No, I don't know at all. Lol

I was a student teacher at Eastern in the fall of 1997. I have a weird memory and remember a lot of those kids that were freshmen that year. Seemed like there was a PJ that was one of the athletes of that class. I do remember Principle Hines and his wife in that particular Health Class...sadly I have to admit...both 100% averages.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

If memory calls, Phillip Fitch (known as PJ Fitch) played basketball and graduated from Minford High School in 1989. He could light up the threes, a real good foul shooter and played great defense.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

To all the fans of both schools, come early and enjoy some of our local attractions!

duck butter
Freshman Team

Post by duck butter »

Africentric-84
Eastern-35
bye bye birdie..
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:12224

Return to “Boys Basketball”