Confirmed Coaching Openings

Runner00
JV Team

Re: Confirmed Coaching Openings

Post by Runner00 »

Jimmy the Greek wrote:Current job postings: Westfall, Chillicothe, Lancaster, Waverly, Paint Valley...any others?
I'll be interesting to watch that Paint Valley position they need to select some stability in the program, not someone who is looking to hang around a year or two.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I think Waverly would be best served to higher from the outside. There is really know one in house with the needed experience to take the helm of a school the size of Waverly besides the Stedlmeyer (sp) guy that had it before. I played for Wolfe and I know that a head coach job is stressful let alone at a D-2 school that expects results. Travis is a good guy who had some good players and a great player in Jake. I wish him luck in the future but whoever takes the job will be under the gun right off the rip with the amount of talent the graduated. The Soc is going to be better than it has been in many years next year Waverly lost tons , Valley lost tons but have a great group comeing up Oak Hill returns some nice players as does Minford,Webster,Burg, West, all of the league but Valley and the Tigers were pretty young and those two beat them up . But next year shoes on the other foot I'm afraid.

Ump
Freshman Team

Post by Ump »

I think Dave Hopper got the Rock Hill job.

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

UMP wrote:I think Dave Hopper got the Rock Hill job.
Any information on this individual?

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

Word is the South Gallia positions will be posted within the week,
Young team coming back it will be interresting to see who rolls the dice.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Runner00 wrote:
From Green?

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

Updates, who filled the role at Paint Valley? Candidates at Waverly and Chilli? Interviews? # of applicants?

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

WKKJ reported that Dave Shoemaker is taking over for the boys program at Paint Valley.

miggyt
Freshman Team

Post by miggyt »

Ump
Freshman Team

Post by Ump »

Raiderball wrote:
Runner00 wrote:
From Green?

Yes from Green (sort of). He's been Asst Principle at RH for a year or so.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

so much for robertson leaving waverly to spend more time with his family.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Wow, that didn't take long, here come the Robertson bashers again. I'd advise you to talk to him instead of coming on these sites to bash him.

GOINDIANS
Freshman Team

Post by GOINDIANS »

The reality is Travis wanted out at Waverly. Not sure why. He applied for Miami Trace last year and didnt get it. I dont think he realized the quality of candidates Chillicothe was going to get. I think he will wish he would have stayed at Waverly. In my opinion of the ten candidates the gazette listed he is last by a wide margin. I would have even taken Dante over him.

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

IMO Jeff Lisath is #1 on the list for Chillicothe.

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

bvmv4life wrote:IMO Jeff Lisath is #1 on the list for Chillicothe.
AGREE !

ztpioneers1
Riding the Bench

Post by ztpioneers1 »

Did he have a losing record when coaching the Chillicothe girls a few yrs ago? He's done a nice job at Piketon but I am concerned he jumps around too much... I think he will make the final 3 but I don't think he is the right choice.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

bluecavs wrote:Did he have a losing record when coaching the Chillicothe girls a few yrs ago? He's done a nice job at Piketon but I am concerned he jumps around too much... I think he will make the final 3 but I don't think he is the right choice.
As bad as I don't want to see him go....I believe the chilli girls program didn't have a winning record for like 10 years before he took over, and I don't believe they've made it out of the Sectional since he left. http://chsgirlsbb.tripod.com/ladycavsbasketball/

I hope he stays at Piketon....3 different schools during his tenure which includes a non-renewal at Unioto is hardly jumping around. But maybe you're right, he is not the right choice...we will keep him.

ztpioneers1
Riding the Bench

Post by ztpioneers1 »

Now that I think about the girls Chillicothe program I will take that losing record statement back... I think they are at the bottom of the barrel right now and the only way to go is up or maybe stay down:) Chillicothe girls were 0-21 a couple years ago... YIKES!! Someone help:) If they open that position lets see how many apply....

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

bluecavs!!?? Not the right choice!!??? Or would u rather have one of their final 8 candidate Richard Beverly? Beverly was head coach of the Cavaliers 7th grade last year and in the middle of the season up and quit on those kids..reasons that would take too long for me to list...I don't understand why they would give a coach an interview knowing he doesn't have the program on the top of his list! Plus check his record when he was at Adena.. smh! With that being said Jeff Lisath would be my top and only pick..if Richard Beverly gets the job for some ODD reason,you'll see a mass Exodus of students leaving Chillicothe!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

smurray wrote:Wow, that didn't take long, here come the Robertson bashers again. I'd advise you to talk to him instead of coming on these sites to bash him.
I would not really consider that comment as bashing. It was more of an observation. I agree that a coach resigning for family reasons and nearly immediately turning around and applying for the first attractive coaching opportunity makes people wonder why he used that excuse to get out of his previous position. I agree with others that Lisath would be the best man for the job.

Return to “Boys Basketball”