All Conference

Re: Meigs Basketball 2012??

Post by G.W.A. »

heard there was over a dozen people applied

2-Gun
Waterboy

Post by 2-Gun »

Kenny Bixx Jr. wrote:well, lookey here, a whole new mess that i can bicker about. i herd it too, coach yates is leavin vc, because of the nonsense that has been goin on in the high school over the last 2 years, and he is takin his sons with him. vc should be proud, running off another fine vc family. and meigs pride, someone needs to tell bartrum, cause as i here it bartrum is the lead recruiter for meigs. and isnt he a commissionor? if so, that cant make those that live in the eastern (eagle territory) and southern (tornado territory) part of the county very happy.
Lets See V.C. won the T.V.C. in boys and girls darn right we are proud get a life Kenny.

bleedingmarauder
Waterboy

Post by bleedingmarauder »

Looks like the guy from jackson gets the boys basketball job at Meigs. Bartrum Football and Baker G basketball

Bringdanoise
Riding the Bench

Post by Bringdanoise »

This is exactly why NO team from the TVC will ever be a real competitor versus STATE competition. Yeah VC has been a real powerhouse in Bball in the recent past... how many state titles? I may be wrong but the only team I know of from the TVC to have a state title in football or basketball is Nelsonville and that was in the early 80's. Everyone on here is already complaining about the coaching candidates....No one has even been given the job and fans are hating already. I am sure that doesn't help the new coach in feeling like he has the support of the community.

As far as all of the talk that Coach Yates in getting the basketball job I would say that is all false. From what I know he has coached bball in the past but never on the varsity level. He was the head football coach at VC but not basketball. And making comments about him not being able to coach football is false as well. It is very difficult to take a team that is terrible and turn them around in a few years. In high school football you play the hand you are dealt and you have to deal, you can't win the Kentucky derby with a bunch of mules...

MeigsCountyGuy
Waterboy

Post by MeigsCountyGuy »

I have heard Baker's name for both basketball and volleyball and have spotted her at softball games. Has anyone ever seen her coach? Meigs girl's program will be in GREAT hands with her coaching all 3 sports................

MeigsCountyGuy
Waterboy

Post by MeigsCountyGuy »

I have heard Baker's name for both basketball and volleyball. She has also been spotted at softball games. Looks like she is going to be taking over the girl's program at Meigs. The program will be in great hands...................................

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Great hire Meigs you got a great young coach who will work tirelessly to build a great program.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Congradulations Meigs on a great hire for boys basketball. Coach Kight will work non stop to make you a better program. Good luck!

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Will Coach Kight be teaching at Meigs? Best wishes.

Also , who is Coach Baker, does she have a first name? She is coaching volleyball also? If so what happened to Coach Ash?

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Kight is a great young coach and is a great fit for you guys . He was raised playing the game. And will be a great roll model for your kids. Good luck coach Kight and congrats to Meigs on stealing a good young coach.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Game point wrote:Kight is a great young coach and is a great fit for you guys . He was raised playing the game. And will be a great roll model for your kids. Good luck coach Kight and congrats to Meigs on stealing a good young coach.

Stealing a good young coach?
hahaha

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

What is Kight's coaching record?

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

Fred G. Sanford wrote:What is Kight's coaching record?
I heard he has a 5 win and 38 loss record.

Jackie Moon
Riding the Bench

Post by Jackie Moon »

Anyone have his record and resume?

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

Bob Knight couldn't of won at Western during that time.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Look for mentaly tough and hard working team this season. Kight will have them ready.

YoDuh
Riding the Bench

Post by YoDuh »

Is this coach and Bartrum 'n Williams' personal trainer for their kids one in the same?

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

YoDuh wrote:Is this coach and Bartrum 'n Williams' personal trainer for their kids one in the same?

Many people wont understand this but I get it and its funny as he#$ and very true. I cant stop laughing.

bork_boki
Waterboy

Post by bork_boki »

Meigs will suck no matter who the coach is.

YoDuh
Riding the Bench

Post by YoDuh »

bork_boki wrote:Meigs will suck no matter who the coach is.
I disagree.
Meigs goes through the normal cycle of talent, they just can't capitalize on the up swings and/or build tradition to bring in outside talent (the only way to stay consistent).
It's textbook buddy system.
Who knows, maybe Meigs will be the exception to the norm with this new and improved buddy system.

Return to “Boys Basketball”