svc 2012-2013

Post by ztrace1977 »

Thoughts and predicitons ??

Bear42
Freshman Team

Re: svc 2012-2013

Post by Bear42 »

I wasn't able to catch many JV contests, but here is my prediction:
1. Piketon: return everyone, maybe one loss but another gold ball very possible.
2. Southeastern: love the heart and hustle by Uhrigs troops.
3. Unioto: good underclassmen, but some key losses
4. Huntington: who will replace the Player of the Year?
5. Zane Trace: I question their attitudes some, but they could finish higher. Thought 11-12 team could've done much better.
6. Adena: Coach Smith's kids will improve!
7. Westfall: no clue
8. Paint Valley: no idea

Just my opinion...I'm no ESPN expert

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Piketon has to be the favorite, returning nearly everyone from a team who split the title with Unioto this year.

Unioto loses a very good senior class and if they can get some quality play from their excellent JV team, I think they'll be able to have another solid season.

Southeastern has to replace Brown's production, but has a lot of talent in the lower grades. Could be another to make a run.

Huntington will still have Vickers, Kellough, and Hall. We'll see if any of the younger guys can step up to help cover for that very good senior class.

Westfall had 10 juniors on the roster this past season and turned it on late in the season, they could be a surprise team if they can find a secondary scorer to go along with Stonerock.

Zane Trace has Beam returning, as well as 2 or 3 others who contributed this past season. A very good 8th grade class will be moving up as well and could see a player or 2 get some minutes throughout the year.

Adena will likely struggle, but if a couple extra players come back out, they could string together some Ws. Coach Smith will have that ship righted soon.

Paint Valley lost 2 key players and will likely struggle again next season.

Not a prediction on how the season will go, other than Piketon, who should be the favorite. Should be a fun year.

Seaofwrong
Waterboy

Post by Seaofwrong »

I think Piketon and Zane Trace will be at the top with Unioto close behind them Im not sure about the rest though

Snotnose
Riding the Bench

Post by Snotnose »

Piketon is definately the front-runner.

As a whole the teams fighting for 2nd - 6th place seems to be fairly even. Could make for some interesting games next season.

bellyoption
Freshman Team

Post by bellyoption »

Should be another balanced league much like what we saw this year.
I still think Unioto has the most talent in league, but whether or not they will win it all is up in the air. With Unioto's size, I figured they would be better then what they were. I'm anxious to see if they use their bigs a little differently next year.
Piketon should be good again as well, they are well coached and have an experienced team.
Zane Trace and Huntington may shock some teams as well.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

I'm bias...But I would have to say Piketon will be the favorite. Experience is the best teacher and Piketon will return all five starters plus the top 8 out of Coach L's 9 man rotation.

6'1 Isaac Brabson (All-SVC, All-District)
6'1 Craigen Moore (1st Team All-SVC, 2nd Team All-District, 17ppg.)
6'3 Zach Farmer (2nd Team All-SVC, 2nd Team All-District, HM All-Ohio)
6'4 Jeremy Farmer (HM All-SVC)
5'10 Wyatt Brewster (HM All-SVC, HM All-Disrtict as a Freshmen)

Subs:
5'10 Evan Ferguson, 6'1 Colton Williams, 6'4 Aaron Southworth, 6'2 Austin Buchanan, plus some excellent shooters from the reserve team.

Notes: The Redstreaks are 49-7 in the SVC over past four years with Three Titles including a 14-0 Gold Ball. Five straight District appearances with (1) Title, (1) Runner-up, and twice beaten by a Final Four team.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

bellyoption wrote:Should be another balanced league much like what we saw this year.
I still think Unioto has the most talent in league, but whether or not they will win it all is up in the air. With Unioto's size, I figured they would be better then what they were. I'm anxious to see if they use their bigs a little differently next year.
Piketon should be good again as well, they are well coached and have an experienced team.
Zane Trace and Huntington may shock some teams as well.
Unioto's bigs were both in the top 8 in FG attempts this season and one was a wing player despite his height. Detillion will once again be used well and will have another very good season, especially if he's able to stay healthy (which he wasn't for more than a month this season)

chef_piketon
JV Team

Post by chef_piketon »

The Chef's Redstreaks and then everyone else. The challenge would be to get another Gold Ball. Very difficult to do nowadays with all the competitiveness and highly unlikely because of you usually have a bad night somewhere someplace especially now with the Friday-Saturday night scheduling. Please tell The Chef they're going away from the dreadful back to back SVC games every weekend. That was a terrible experiment for everyone involved. Surprised the state of Ohio even let them do that. Now there's 2 more games to get in with everyone going to 22 games. The Chef was fine with 20 games and now there's 2 more. Where does it end with the changes? Next they'll add another starter to make more people happier.

Svcfanatic
Waterboy

Post by Svcfanatic »

Don't count Westfall out!! They will at least be third! Stonerock will go off. I just don't see anyone stopping the Big 3 from Piketon. Farmer won't be stopped, Moore don't miss, and Brabson will score, and get assists. Cody will have to step up for us Mustangs this season, but I believe He can do it.

Jeff Lisath
JV Team

Post by Jeff Lisath »

Nothing like putting the pressure on us! A lot of things will have to happen in the off season for us to meet the expectations. I'm not concerned with a "Gold Ball" I just want to be in a position to win the league. We have a lot of work to put in this summer. We plan to travel all over the state to play the best competition we can possibly play. We must get in the weight room and get stronger, we must get better defensively, and we must stay healthy. Everyone must know their roles and perfect them, everyone must buy in to "Team" ball, everyone must remove self from the equation and do what is best for our "Team"....Once this is accomplished...we must be mentally sound and tough, we cannot have the mental breakdowns we have experience in the past. Finally....we must be in immaculate shape and not give everything on Friday, and have nothing left for Saturday....4 L's on Saturday this past season. That should get us at .500...the rest I will share with the team :122245 !

chef_piketon
JV Team

Post by chef_piketon »

Coach L: Will it be Friday and Saturday nights again this coming season? I know the Players & staff had to struggle with it as The Chef did. It would tough fixing up all those hot dogs and accessories both nights every weekend.

judge judy
Riding the Bench

Post by judge judy »

Piketon will be very tough as well as Unioto. I heard that The Johnson kid from Chillicothe is moving to Unioto, any truth to that? if so, they may be able to beat Piketon both times..

bellyoption
Freshman Team

Post by bellyoption »

judge judy wrote:Piketon will be very tough as well as Unioto. I heard that The Johnson kid from Chillicothe is moving to Unioto, any truth to that? if so, they may be able to beat Piketon both times..
I would question his decision to move to Unioto for basketball. Chillicothe is going to get a good head coach and put together a schedule to get him noticed by more college coaches. I just don't see that happening at the "U". Plus I heard he already had atleast one offer from a Mid Major school. :aaaaa86

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

[quote="judge judy"]Piketon will be very tough as well as Unioto. I heard that The Johnson kid from Chillicothe is moving to Unioto, any truth to that? if so, they may be able to beat Piketon both times..[/quote]

Seriously ....Why would he leave Chilli for Unioto? I would think if anything, return to Adena! But why do either?

Jon B
Riding the Bench

Post by Jon B »

judge judy wrote:Piketon will be very tough as well as Unioto. I heard that The Johnson kid from Chillicothe is moving to Unioto, any truth to that? if so, they may be able to beat Piketon both times..
heard that as well. i heard because chillicothe's coach left, and that Unioto will probably win the SVC.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

It's a little harder to switch schools then just move in to the district now. You have to do a 3 page afidavid have it notorized and send it to the OHSAA they review it and in a few weeks get back to you and the player is eneligable till they review the papers. This started this year.So he might be best served to stay.

kram
Varsity

Post by kram »

Shoot, I heard he's coming to Piketon!! LOL :-D

miggyt
Freshman Team

Post by miggyt »

The Shoe is back at PV!!

bulldawg22
Freshman Team