Caldwell Redskins Varsity Boys Shoot Out

caldwellbasketball
JV Team

Caldwell Redskins Varsity Boys Shoot Out

Post by caldwellbasketball »

The 2nd Caldwell varsity boys basketball shoot-out will be held Saturday June 23rd 2012 @ both Caldwell high school and middle school. Cost is $150 per team (guaranteed 4 pool play games and a single elimination tournament). There will be two pools with five teams in each. Games will be 20 minutes running clock until the last two minutes. Games will start @ 8a.m. and finish up around 4. This will get teams in an out in one day and still get plenty of court time. Teams currently locked in to play:
Caldwell
River
Shenandoah
West Muskingum
River View
Sheridan
Marietta
New Lexington

Waiting on reply from a few other schools, it is first come first served so if anyone else is interested in helping us round out our field you can contact me via email: ccrane@caldwell.k12.oh.us

Route40Classic
Riding the Bench

Re: Caldwell Redskins Varsity Boys Shoot Out

Post by Route40Classic »

Anything new here? What teams are for sure?

caldwellbasketball
JV Team

Teams in for sure:
Caldwell
River View
Shenandoah
West Muskingum
River
New Lexington
Marietta

Teams waiting on reply:
Waterford
Fairfield Christian
Cambridge
Buckeye Trail
Frontier
Meadowbrook

*Sheridan backed out due to a scheduling conflict

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

Its nice to see this coach trying to do something good for Caldwell basketball......

caldwellbasketball
JV Team

Adjusted field for the shoot out.....we have 9 teams, waiting on a confirmation from a tenth at the moment. Current field:
Caldwell
Shenandoah
West Muskingum
Morgan
Waterford

Marietta
River View
River
New Lexington

Once again, we need one more team to fill this thing out. It went very well last year with 8 teams. Cost is $150 per team. Guaranteed 4 pool play games and a single elimination tournament. We start @ 8 a.m. and will be running two gyms. We will get the teams in an out by 4 p.m. If interested contact Coach Crane via email ccrane@caldwell.k12.oh.us

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

Looks like a busy summer schedule for our boys. My son brought the summer schedule home last week and when I went to pick him up from the gym they looked to have a nice group in there shooting. Looking at his schedule they are going to the Marietta shoot out, holding their own shoot out, having a youth camp, playing in a West M summer league, and going to Ohio University team camp all in June. Several open gyms and open weight room with their new vertamax scheduled as well. They need all of the gym time they can get but I like what is happening. Was told by another parent that we were picking up former Monroe Central jv coach Yoho to run the junior high program. Hopefully things keep going the way they are. Heard some people talking that he wasn't going to stay here very long but I hope that isn't true. With the young team that will be on the court this winter the next three or four years could be really good for Caldwell.

3 for me
Riding the Bench

Post by 3 for me »

He definitely knows what he is doing and is turning around the program. Glad to see the boys keeping busy because they have a nice chance to win several ball games next year. Can't wait to watch the progress next year. Also with what Hiland and Rosecrans are losing I could see this team making a nice playoff run. Time will tell,and the guys are putting a lot of work in for next year.

caldwellbasketball
JV Team

Next years schedule include:
12 P.V.C games
2 O.V.A.C tournament games (AA)
8 Non-League contests:
Barnesville A/H (2 games)
Beallsville A
Morgan H
Newcomerstown A
St. Johns H
@ West Muskingum Route 40 classic vs. Rosecrans
@ West Muskingum Route 40 classic vs. Ridgewood

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

Witness....your coach is my brother and he isn't going anywhere. He was contacted about a pretty high profile job but he likes where he is and what is going on. I don't see him leaving there anytime soon with the security of his teaching position and the direction of his program. I will get a pretty good look at them this summer as we (my program) have very similar summer agendas. Good luck to the Redskins this summer and in to next winter.

caldwellbasketball
JV Team

2nd Annual Caldwell Redskins Varsity Boys Shoot-Out field and schedule is now finalized.

Pool A:
Caldwell
West Muskingum
Shenandoah
Morgan
Waterford

Pool B
Crooksville
Marietta
River View
New Lexington
River

Rules:
1. 18 minute running clock; clock stops last two minutes
2. All shooting fouls = one point and one shot
3. All fouls in the last two minutes result in a bonus situation
4. Pool play tie breakers will be decided by point differential for seeding
5. Tournament games will be 15 minutes in length
6. WE ARE HERE TO PLAY BALL. KEEP THE WHINING TO A MINIMUM IF POSSIBLE :122245

Schedule:(first game is in the high school gym, second game is in the elementary gym)
8:00
Caldwell vs. West M.
Crooksville vs. Marietta

8:30
River View vs. New Lexington
Shenandoah vs. Morgan

9:00
Waterford vs. Caldwell
River vs. Crooksville

9:30
Marietta vs. River View
West M. vs. Shenandoah

10:00
Morgan vs. Waterford
New Lexington vs. River

10:30
Crooksville vs. River View
Caldwell vs. Shenandoah

11:00
West M. vs. Morgan
Marietta vs. New Lexington

11:30
River View vs. River
Shenandoah vs. Waterford

12:00
Caldwell vs. Morgan
Crooksville vs. New Lexington

12:30
Marietta vs. River
West M. vs. Waterford

*Single elimination tournament begins @ 1:15

caldwellbasketball
JV Team

ttt

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

Cant wait to get my summer basketball fix. Looks like a good day of basketball. I will probably go watch the boys in the Marietta College shoot out on the third and hopefully get to a catch a few games at camp assuming I am one of the parents who helps drive the kids to OU.

Route40Classic
Riding the Bench

Post by Route40Classic »

What a jerk that coach of yours is... making West have to play Caldwell at 8 am..... ha ha
It was a very nice shootout last summer. Teams really got a lot for their buck.
Caldwell will be young, but should be a really nice team. Have to be excited about the future, even though you have Clint as your coach, he can't hurt their development too much. HA HA

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

Our group will be really young, but they are talented. I expect them to play very fast this year. They can pretty much all handle and shoot it. The only thing they lack is size, outside of Baker, and experience. Should be fun to watch and a team nobody will want in the tournament. As for coach, I'd say we could have done worse ha. To be honest what he has done here has been pretty impressive. Caldwell basketball couldn't come within 30 of anyone period and kids were not playing. In two years he has managed to win close to 20 ball games and some tournament games with what amounts to one basketball player and a few decent athletes. We now have an established program which I never dreamed I would see at this school. I know we will be super young this season but the talent is there and over the next several years there should be really good basketball here.

As for making your boys play the first game in the shoot out.....yeah, that was probably a jerk move ha.

caldwellbasketball
JV Team

:122245
Last edited by caldwellbasketball on Wed May 23, 2012 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

caldwellbasketball
JV Team

That happens when you know the coach I suppose. The field is locked in and everything is a go for Saturday, June 23rd @ Caldwell high school and elementary gyms. Come out and watch the kids working hard to improve their game.

The summer schedule has been finalized, we will compete in the Marietta College shoot-out on Sunday June 3rd. The Caldwell Redskins youth camp will run Monday June 4th-Wednesday June 6th. We will compete in the West Muskingum summer league on Wednesday evenings (this league includes; Sheridan/Millersport/New Lexington/West Muskingum/Crooksville/Miller/Rosecrans). The boys will also see scrimmages with West/River View and Fairfield Christian/New Lexington. We will also attend team camp @ Ohio University the last weekend of June. The kids are taking advantage of the opportunity to improve but they will only get out of it what they are willing to put in to it. With limited contact time allowed by the OHSAA we will do all that we can to help them develop. Looking forward to a productive summer.

caldwellbasketball
JV Team

Keep the 23rd open if you want to come watch some summer time hoops. Summer basketball starts Sunday when the boys head to Marietta for the first shoot out of the summer.

ferflog
JV Team

Post by ferflog »

Are you set for referees? I would gladly bring a crew to Caldwell to work some games if asked.

Call me @ (740) 260-9360 or e-mail me @ melvin.pesuit@rollinghills.k12.oh.us

caldwellbasketball
JV Team

Games will take place a week from this Saturday. Ready for some hoops. Will contact you shortly ferflog.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

Ready to watch the boys play this weekend. Should be a nice shoot out Saturday in the Noble County seat.

Return to “Boys Basketball”