Waverly Coaching situation???

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Re: Waverly Coaching situation???

Post by NewEra »

I know :122249

lebasketball
Riding the Bench

Post by lebasketball »

Kinda baffled at this whole situation. Unfortunate

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I'm right here ukfanatic, can't say anything until it's official. What is unfortunate about it le?

lebasketball
Riding the Bench

Post by lebasketball »

Well without putting exactly what's going on, these kids have been put through a lot of speculation, lost gym time, and are surely confused as to why just a month ago their coach didn't have time for them, then he has time to apply elsewhere, then when that situation doesn't look promising they aren't that bad anymore.

Even if the program is not changing hands it definately has taken a big step backwards through the circus of the past several weeks. I would think as a player thats devoted a great deal of time to the program you have been jerked around a bit lately. I could be wrong and its just my opinion just as you have yours Smurray but it seems pretty selfish to me. Everyone knows Travis is here now until something better comes a long. Since we are this far along i think it would have been worth while to wait on the applicant pool and access the situation at that time. At some point you have to build a program.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

So if lebasketball is right Travis will be back next year. Interesting. Not a bad choice for the Tigers.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

He will be truely tested this is going to be the least amount of talent he's had at Waverly but I think by seasons end he can have them competing .

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

this is freakn hilarious lmfao

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

So he quit, applied for the Chilli job didn't get it and reapplied at Waverly?

bubbabilly
Waterboy

Post by bubbabilly »

crazymidgets wrote:this is freakn hilarious lmfao
Shouldnt you be on the Piketon threads? :mrgreen:

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

uh yeah and it looks like they are taking him back lol

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

what this isnt america lol

bubbabilly
Waterboy

Post by bubbabilly »

crazymidgets wrote:uh yeah and it looks like they are taking him back lol
Thats what im getting at! You worry about Piketon and we will worry about Waverly. There's a forum for the SVC, for your input! :lol: :lol: :lol:

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

why are you worried about anything i have to say, hmm a little bit touchy i c lol hilarious now no one say anything this forum has been officially censored lmao

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

and here i thought Smurray was the offical spokesperson lmao

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

Im sorry Bubba I will be good and leave you guys alone but man this was just to funny

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Just a couple of points that have filtered through the grapevine. Travis withdrew from consideration for the Chillicothe job early on. He taught at Chillicothe and was well liked also.

I think it's obvious he had many things to consider and I doubt any of this has been easy for him. People reconsider and change their mind all the time. And there is "nothing" wrong with that.

I sure hope this report is true. He knows basketball will invest a huge amount of time. You won't find a coach that works any harder than Travis. Waverly fans will be thrilled and they should be!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

No, I am not the official spokesperson for Waverly basketball. I happened to be the most vocal person on here defending Travis from ignorant posters who had and continue to have no idea what they're talking about. And before you take offense to the ignorant comment look it up in the dictionary, it just means uneducated on a certain topic or area. I'm not saying anyone is stupid or calling anyone names. Some of the comments on here have been made out of total ignorance of the situation. I cannot and will NOT post on here why Travis resigned. The statement he made to the paper was accurate but there are circumstances surrounding that which do not and should not belong in the paper or on this forum. Some of you will never cut the guy a break or even try to understand any of it. As I have said before, if you really care enough to come on here and criticize the guy why don't you speak to him yourself. It's up to him if he tells you more.

The truth is he resigned from Waverly for family matters (children). Yes, he applied for the Chillicothe job after it came available but withdrew before he was interviewed (not when he saw he wasn't getting the job as some have posted). The situation which lead him to resign from Waverly is much better now so if he takes the job back not much has been lost. Nothing is official but I'm sure Travis would be welcomed back in a heartbeat. People in Waverly know what they had in Travis Robertson. What many of you fail to recognize is that Travis is still a young coach. You cannot compare him to the greats who have been coaching for 20+ years. He has done a good job and should he decide to continue coaching will be a great one someday as well.

miggyt
Freshman Team

Post by miggyt »

Robertson is a good person and coach. He's the best candidate available, to be honest.

Hopefully, Waverly recognizes that and he returns.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

wow really! ignorant uneducated, lmao seriously you dont have a clue, and i have spoken and my views are understood and are private between us and wont be aired publicly. I have read your posts and I am a little taken back, why you ask? Because the last time i checked our 1st admendment hasnt changed, freedom of speech is still allowed in this country, hmm open public forum couldnt be a better place for freedom of speech could it, you are educated in our constitution arent you? So before you start telling people dont say anything without checking, or you read something you dont like and say hey pm me, or start saying ignorant or uneducated (which by the way is quite rude) it really doesnt matter if a person is or isnt, understand we as americans have the right to voice our opinion, especially on an open public forum on any subject and if thats to much to handle then you might not want to read seops, but dont tell anyone they shouldnt post on any subject or not to have an opinion fact or fiction. Now i will run down the hall screaming AMERICA AMERICA is that a problem.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Obviosly, I have no dog i nthis fight. But, I would think Waverly will look pretty silly to hire Roberson back after all this? I want the job..I don't want the job...I might want it back again.

I have no inside info as some seem to hear but this couldn't be good for the players at Waverly.

Best of luck to the Tigers next year regardless of who the coach is.

Return to “Boys Basketball”