Chillicothe Coach Gary Kellough Steps Down

hawkeyepierce
S

Re: Chillicothe Coach Gary Kellough Steps Down

Post by hawkeyepierce »

This is exactly what I am talking about. You, (Chillicothe posters) have made this about me, and my opinion. First, I can share my opinion just like the rest of you, does not make me right or wrong, just as you. What I find amusing is that you (again Chillicothe posters) were no where to be found 8 years ago. Now, it seems that Chillicothe athletics is the be all to end all. I merely pointed out the hypocrisy. Again, I have never disparage the Chillicothe Athletic programs. Therefore, I am not an hater. I would love to see all young people succeed.

As for our weak schedule, again, Coach Combs has a very good winning record against the SEOAL, SCOL, MVL, SVC, and SOC, conferences that everyone concurs to be stronger than the TVC. Furthermore, he has an outstanding record against DI and DII teams. I have beaten this dead horse relentlessly, and yet you want to ignore those facts.

As a graduate of Ohio State, I am a die-hard Buckeye fan and yes, I have friends who have label me or my like as arrogant. I really try not to conduct myself in such manner. I try to stay above the fray. Again, the only reason I had responded, was the slanderous ridicule of my friend by some Chillicothe posters.

What you people don't realize is how great you have it. You have several aspects that are greatly sought after in places like Vinton County. First and foremost, the resources for the young aspiring basketball athlete. Secondly, the athletes in general. You will always have the specialized athlete that has tremendous amount resources and opportunties to take advantage of and often does. Next, the close proximities of the school district. Our school district is 410 square miles, a player in Allensville cannot always get with a player in Hamden to work out, play one-on-one with, or just socialize. You people have become jaded. You don't show up for games until the Cavs are at the Convo. What we don't have in resources etc., we have in humility and community support. I will ask each of you, how many Cavs game you guys have attended last year, in the last five years? Me, I have attended all of the Vikings games going back to 1994-95 season. Plus, I have spent hundreds of hours, scouting, or just enjoying other teams in the area, including long days at the Convo.

Which brings me to my final point. I am in no way negative. In fact, most of my friends would consider myself to be jovial, gregarious, but sometimes I can be aloof or over-exaggerative. But NEVER negative. However, thanks for your concerns.

ztpioneers1
Riding the Bench

Post by ztpioneers1 »

Hawkeye, I guess you fit in with your arrogant comment because that is all I read when viewing your posts. You could really sit back and look in the mirror sometimes... You have not quoted anything against me but I read a lot of your posts about chilly and all I see is an arrogant poster. Defend your coach all you want caz that is fine.. but you continue to bash chilly fans and posters and to be honest you are no different.. for anyone that doubts my opinion do a search on him....... Go cavs...

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

hawkeye, i think the thing about your posts that bother them the most is you keep using words longer than 3 and 4 letters and that confuses some of them. not that chili isn't a fine academic establishment. sidebar-the pot is being stirred some more.

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

sparky wrote:hawkeye, i think the thing about your posts that bother them the most is you keep using words longer than 3 and 4 letters and that confuses some of them. not that chili isn't a fine academic establishment. sidebar-the pot is being stirred some more.
I am not sure why the pot needs to be stirred, Chillicothe has one of the top two, if not the top academic settings within a sixty mile radius. Chillicothe routinely produces graduates that attend the U.S. Military Academies, institutions of higher learning with impecable reputations such as Ivy League schools, Vanderbilt, Duke, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Indiana University, Northwestern, Stanford, and many other high quality institutions of higher learning. We do not need to post on a high school sports web sites with a thesarus next to us or use amateur Psychobabble in order to belittle others, sound over important, or intelligent. We Cavaliers will stand proudly on our academic history and achievements. So you may count all the words in our posts that are four letters or shorter, or all those that are three letters or longer, it matters not to us. You see Mister VC poster accusing us of being arrogant, we are proud of many things Chillicothe related no matter how smart you like to tell yourself you are, we are proud, not arrogant, and will continue being proud. By the way, I thought you were done with this simple conversation with us simple folk here in Chillicothe. Real intelligent :122245

Over two hundred CHS basketball games attended in my lifetime from Coach Cuppet to Coach Kellough thank you!

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

If you consider freshmen and junior varsity, girls' junior varsity and varsity games, I have attended over 200 basketball games in the last five or six years, most of the them Vinton County teams. In my lifetime I have probably seen two to three thousand high school basketball games.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Does anybody know their timetable? Thanks

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

hawkeyepierce wrote:If you consider freshmen and junior varsity, girls' junior varsity and varsity games, I have attended over 200 basketball games in the last five or six years, most of the them Vinton County teams. In my lifetime I have probably seen two to three thousand high school basketball games.
You do not even remember the BS you post on here! I am not trying to compare how many I have seen to how many you have seen! You ignorantly questioned whether some Chillicothe posters have seen many Chillicothe BOYS varsity./JV basketball games, hence we are running off at the mouth(blog) without knowing what we are talking about compared to your highness of intelligence. I was simply letting you know, YOU DO NOT KNOW EVERYTHING YOU ARE ESPOUSING ABOUT! Many of us have followed Chillicothe athletics for decades, and yes our butts are in the seats. I will give you an exampl; I am as proud of the '88-'89 boys basketball team that, if I remember correctly, went a combined 12-30 under Coach Napolean Cross as I am the state championship team. That team sent ten of seventeen different members of to institutions of higher learning such as The Naval Academy, University of Virginia, The Ohio State University, and eight other institutions of higher learning(not including OUC). This was a collection of some of the finest boys Chillicothe has ever seen. They did not win many games, but I thoroughly enjoyed watching them play their guts out, and by the way I saw every home game and traveled to five or more each of those two seasons. Proud, not arrogant. Maybe a dictionary would work better than a thesarus.
Last edited by buckcraze on Fri May 04, 2012 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

hawkeyepierce wrote:If you consider freshmen and junior varsity, girls' junior varsity and varsity games, I have attended over 200 basketball games in the last five or six years, most of the them Vinton County teams. In my lifetime I have probably seen two to three thousand high school basketball games.
Let us remember that two to three thousand high school basketball games would come out to be between fifty to one hundred high school basketball games a year over a twenty to thirty year period. HMMM :oops: Math much? :oops:

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Again, this is really never about me or you, but the precieved perception of each community that has for each other by individuals who, at the end of the day, opinions really don't matter. I say you (Chillicothe posters) demostrate arrogance and elitism and you say my community is insignificant (too small to be important) and impecunious (poverty-striken) to be relevant in the athletic conversation.

Also, you really like taking personal jabs at me; which is clearly an indication of your inability to articulate an effective counterpoint.

Ok Einstein, for the math, let me educate you. In 1979 I was a freshman at Vinton County High School, that was 33 years ago. If you multiply that by a 20 game schedule, that is 660 games. Remember, I said if you count frosh, JV, and girls, JV and Varsity you can extrapolate that out. So starting with our 660 games as a baseline, then we must add a possible 660 games each time for girls' varsity, boys' JV, and girls' JV, that my friend is 3,300 games. Now, that is not including the number of freshman games I have attended. Let us say that there is an average of 12 freshman games a year, over 33 years, that is additional, 396 games, bringing our total to 3,696 games. Keep in mind, that is not including tournament games over that 33 year period. Furthermore, as an high school basketball fan that does not count trips to the state, (remember, I said I was in the stands for the Cavs state tournament run), but I was fortunate to see the following as high school players:

Granville Waiters of Columbus East
Jay Burson of John Glenn
Jimmy Jackson of Toledo Macomber
Samaki Walker of Whitehall
Estaban Weaver of Independence
Katie Smith of Logan
Ivan Harris of Oak Hill Academy
and many more that I am sure that I am forgetting including local players.

So yes, I easily attend 50 to 100 games a year. It goes without saying I see at least 20 Vinton County boys' varsity and 20 junior varsity basketball games in each season. Einstein, that right there is 40 games, before we begin to count freshmen, girls, scouting, or tournaments. Do you math much? Or was it in your zest to get a dig in on me, you did not consider the possibilities? :oops:

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Geez.....I thought this topic was about Kellough leaving and his replacement....I believe a couple of you should just put on the gloves and meet at Yoctangee Park :lol: .
I'm told Lisath is holding or has already held a meeting with his team; I'm not sure...but I believe he is getting a promotion in his Corrections job that may push him out of coaching all together. Or maybe just away from Piketon I was unclear on the details, but I will see him this weekend. I've been watching Redstreak basketball since the 80's and our current run is unmatched...and I've seen more talented teams that coach L. has coached. I hope if anything he will stay one more year. Win the big one!

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

does anyone really give a rat's rump how many games someone has watched? or how many words over 3 or 4 letters someone knows. i did not know this was a pising contest. you guys aren't really still in elem school, are you? and the pot gets stirred some more.

chef_piketon
JV Team

Post by chef_piketon »

Piketon has the talent to compete for the District title this coming season. Whoever is at the helm of the Redstreak Nation will have the chances to have a really good season. Coach L has them positioned for a run at it. The interesting thing is will Coach L be back? The Chef has a hunch Coach L is back for one more year. However if Coach L goes another direction The Chef would definitely bet supper they're be a good list of coaches lining up to take a shot at it. Piketon isn't an easy gig but we've seen what is possible when things go right. Coach L has it rolling. As Jimmy The Greek stated we're still in the midst of a great run of success. SVC title goes through Piketon last several years and District Tournament the norm. This coming season could add another chapter to the recent success. Should know something this weekend.
Go Streaks!

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Oh my.........

Chef who is on the short order list if the Piketon job becomes available?

The SVC has two really good young coaches on the girls side, Cox @ Adena and Miller @ Unioto. Would the Streaks make a move for either of them? How about Combs? I don't think the SVC is going to expand any time soon so this just might be his chance to get back into the league.

What about Coreano? I thought he done good for the Streaks the first time around.

chef_piketon
JV Team

Post by chef_piketon »

X: The Chef don't know. First The Chef is hoping Coach L stays but if he does move on The Chef feels there will be some good candidates just based on the situation and returning team and history.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

But Sparky, he started it. :122245

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

we will find out Lisaths plans tomorrow at 3! team meeting called in the village.............

apples
Waterboy

Post by apples »

Oh how I hope Coach L stays at Piketon! It's hard for me to see him taking the Chillicothe job when he had the chance to take the Portsmouth job 3 years ago and never took it, and we all know what Portsmouth has done the last 2 of those 3 years. So for the people that say Coach L goes where talent is they are full of themselves! Not taking anything what so ever from coach Collins because the man knows what he is doing, but coach L stayed right in Piketon and never went to his home high school. Also coach L hasn't always had the great success at Piketon, he has had some down years and stayed right at it and built the Piketon program to what it is today! Like I said if coach L does decide to leave Piketon he will be greatly missed an let's just hope the Piketon BOE doesn't take a step backwards with a replacement, and hope they make a smart move and keep Piketon basketball moving forward!!!!

bobsaget
Riding the Bench

Post by bobsaget »

I think you're going to see Andrew Meister, the former Newark Catholic coach become the new leader of Chillicothe. We shall see, though.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

The word I'm getting is Coach L. will return for one more year in the village. But his Corrections job will move him west next year.....I guess he will be announcing this on Tuesday.

letsgolf
Waterboy

Post by letsgolf »

peytonhillis wrote:I think you're going to see Andrew Meister, the former Newark Catholic coach become the new leader of Chillicothe. We shall see, though.
This is who I thought would get the position after the list of candidates came out. You are correct in saying we shall see.

Return to “Boys Basketball”