Chillicothe Coach Gary Kellough Steps Down

ztpioneers1
Riding the Bench

Re: Chillicothe Coach Gary Kellough Steps Down

Post by ztpioneers1 »

80 total wins?? 6 wins last yr?? He had one great yr at a Catholic school. I think lisath has more experience than this guy... Why would he coach one yr and leave??

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Sparky would make an excellent coach at Chilly.

bobsaget
Riding the Bench

Post by bobsaget »

Bluecavs- He took teams at NC from 2 wins to 9 then 21, 25 then 17. Now granted, it could of just been one good class of basketball players going through but I'm not sure of the situation. I've seen plenty of coaches screw up talent and not win basketball games. Not trying to be too biased here, but I feel like if you can win with talent at NC, you can do something with the talent that comes through Chillicothe year in and year out. Also, the word I'm getting is that the board and selection committe really like him.

Again though, like I said we'll see and what I said is just my opinion. As always, go Cavs and go Browns!

miggyt
Freshman Team

Post by miggyt »

We'll all find out after today's meeting -- set for 430 at Hatton Gym.

Billy_Hoyle
Waterboy

Post by Billy_Hoyle »

Are they going to announce they are eliminating the full time A.D. job to spare a teacher position?

Myra Fleener
Riding the Bench

Post by Myra Fleener »

billy:

Are you aware of all the roles that Mr. Veris fullfills at the school? If you think it's only an athletic role, you are mistaken.

Billy_Hoyle
Waterboy

Post by Billy_Hoyle »

I don't agree with cutting teachers and leaving a full time A.D. in place, regardless of who it is. In the years past at CHS, and at other schools, this is a supplemental position usually given to a teacher at a much smaller cost.
If CHS is facing budget cuts, costs like these should be analyzed. At other local schools facing similiar budget restraints, the A.D. duties have been divided amongst the principals to absorb.
Teachers are the most important part of a school, have we forgot? I think CHS has bigger fish to fry than who the next head basketball coach will be.....

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

Who are the top 2 or finalists? You say the decision is going down tonight?

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

What's the word out of Piketon?
The chef is being very elusive when answering my questions!
Is the chef in the dark on this or is he just practicing political positioning
in case Mr. Romey calls on him for the VP spot?

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

ironman,
that is a young man's job no room for old geezers. 6th grade girls is about the height of my ability.

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

I'm hearing it will be Meister as well. Heard he was ultra-impressive in the interviews.

datchillicav
JV Team

Post by datchillicav »

billy_hoyle wrote:I don't agree with cutting teachers and leaving a full time A.D. in place, regardless of who it is. In the years past at CHS, and at other schools, this is a supplemental position usually given to a teacher at a much smaller cost.
Actually....Untill recently (2 years ago?) CHS had an A.D. and an assistant A.D. The assistant was always a teacher for half of the day and in the office doing AD things for half of the day. The head A.D. , which was always Rey Bradley, taught a few health classes but was by no means a full time teacher. So basically, they employed 2 A.D.'s and out of the 2, got 1 full time teacher out of it. When Bill Davidson, the assistant A.D., retired, they cut the Assistant A.D. job so they are most likely spending much less on the Athletic Administration currently then they were previously. Unless of course, Veris makes a significant amount more money than both Bradley AND Davidson combined made before he got there. I have no idea how much any of these men were/is paid and it is none of our business but the expenses aren't frivolous, I can say that.

chef_piketon
JV Team

Post by chef_piketon »

X: The Chef isn't holding back just don't know the answers and speculating is not my specialty. The Chef had Coach L at Portsmouth when that one came up and he stayed so not guessing this time. The Chef isn't political but The Chef does enjoy a good Pot Luck dinner. Like Woody Hayes used to say when recruiting, come play for us and play for the title or if you don't come we'll still play for the title. No disrespect to no one but The Streaks have that kind of talent coming back and Coach L has the program at that point. If not for running into a loaded hot Trojan team The Streaks could have been there this past season and we gave them fits most of the game outside of a bad shooting stretch. Oh well. "Guees" we'll all know something soon and then the other dominos will start to fall into place.

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Chef-Oven-MITT....
Man that would make for some great material this fall/winter.....

I'm sure the Streaks will be in good hands when and however this shakes out.

chef_piketon
JV Team

Post by chef_piketon »

X: You think Mitt needs some help with speech writing especially here in Ohio?

Myra Fleener
Riding the Bench

Post by Myra Fleener »

When will the smoke clear down there in Chillicothe? I believe they had second interviews last night. Will it be the guy from up north or the guy to the south? Either one would be a great choice. Program will continue to be strong.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

What are they waiting for???????

Jeff Lisath
JV Team

Post by Jeff Lisath »

I'm no longer a candidate...

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

So i hope that means you are staying at Piketon for at least this yr coach

chef_piketon
JV Team

Post by chef_piketon »

Coach L not a candidate? Like the Portsmouth situation when it seemed to all that Coach L was leaving the Redstreak Nation, it doesn't happen.
Last edited by chef_piketon on Tue May 08, 2012 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Boys Basketball”