Chillicothe Coach Gary Kellough Steps Down

skippyhoops
Waterboy

Re: Chillicothe Coach Gary Kellough Steps Down

Post by skippyhoops »

Go Indians,

It seems like all your posts are intended to throw coaches under the bus. Ive seen you rip Robertson apart on here over and over again, and now you want to make disparaging comments about Lisath and Combs. Do you ever have a positive comment?

As a Cavs fan, I for one am glad that those two coaches made their decisions before going all the way through the process. It never looks good when a school offers someone the position only to have them turn it down. Im sure it doesn't make the new coach feel very good either. I think Lisath and Combs showed some class by being honest and allowing our administration to move forward.

GOINDIANS
Freshman Team

Post by GOINDIANS »

My last post on the subject. Actually I like Lisath and Combs and think they both do great jobs. However if you think either one of them would have turned down this job, you are very naive. I think chillicothe hired the right person. Lisath and Combs had no other choice but to withdraw. Heres hoping all three schools have great years. Chillicothe is loaded. Piketon has a shot at a final four. Vinton County has more talent coming in the next two classes than they have ever had. Hopefully Waverly opens up their job to the public and will hire a quality coach as well. As for me, here's hoping my western indians take a big step forward under Jordan this year.

miggyt
Freshman Team

Post by miggyt »

The view from the Canton South side: http://www.timesreporter.com/newsnow/x1 ... hillicothe

AndyDufresne
Waterboy

Post by AndyDufresne »

That would be a blessing if it's your last post altogether.

If you think coaches only take jobs based on how much talent is there, then you are the one being naive. Other things come into consideration. Teaching assignment, money, proximity to home, loyalty to current school, etc...... I seriously doubt you've talked to any of the other candidates so you have absolutely no idea of the situation, and no idea of what was discussed between any of the parties involved. Fact is, Chillicothe moved forward and hired a coach. I'm sure they will continue to have a great program. Let them enjoy the moment.

Obviously this site is for opinions, and I respect we all have differences there. But to get on here and just make stuff up when you have no earthly idea of what youre talking about........In the words of the great Cris Carter..."C'mon man."

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

Thanks again Coach Kellough!

Welcome Coach Meister!!

Move on!!!

GO CAVS!!!!

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

I was told by a member of the interviewing team that Meister was extremely impressive in his preparation for the interview. He did his homework and blew the board away. He obviously wanted the job badly. He is not from around here obviously but he knew every member by name and knew where they were from, etc.

Sounds like this was a no-brainer.

ztpioneers1
Riding the Bench

Post by ztpioneers1 »

Interviews are nice but I would look at experience over an interview.. I think the local guys like lisath and combs would have been a better choice. So what if he knew their names... I hope he continues the success and is here for many years because if not his coaching tenure will be a failure.

miggyt
Freshman Team

Post by miggyt »

Like the hire … have nothing bad to say about those who applied and didn't get the job (in fact, they all seem like solid individuals and coaches) … and LOVE the post from my man, Hitch. Also, I don't think -- please note I said "think" -- that coach Meister has a teaching contract yet.

I want to thank coach Kellough for giving fans a state title, but working hard to make sure many student-athletes had a chance to broaden their skills and futures.

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

I certainly hope the comments in the paper aren`t an accurate representation of the guy. He comes off as a complete tool in the gazette and Canton paper.

16 years in the making, who says that.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

this is a puzzling hire. especially with so many quality candidates to choose from. what exactly was the thing that put this guy over the top of the other candidates? some guys interview better than they coach. only time will tell.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Hitchbone64: Great post by you on page 4 of this thread........Chillicothe basketball will continue to win because of what Coach Kellough did for the program........sometimes a program can continue to win even after a successful coach leaves, and this will be the case for CHS. Winning has become a habit again in Chillicothe, and I don't see any reason why that won't continue.

I just want to see Chillicothe High School on the Trojans' schedule........ALWAYS!!!

Billy_Hoyle
Waterboy

Post by Billy_Hoyle »

obviously win-loss record wasn't a concern at 7-14

Myra Fleener
Riding the Bench

Post by Myra Fleener »

"I guess record isn't important."???????????

How about 25-2 and playing for a state championship?

How about 19-6 and losing in the regional final to state champion Oak Hill?

How about 16-9 and playing for a district final with all sophs and freshmen after losing 6 seniors from a state runner-up team?

I guess none of the other candidates have ever had a losing record.

Maybe you should do a little research Billy.

Dan_Voice of Cavs
Waterboy

Post by Dan_Voice of Cavs »

Per chance post viewers missed this, thought I'd share. You can also hear my interview with Meister.

http://www.wbex.com/pages/CavsBoysBKB2011-12.html

As I've said before, thank you Coach K (and his staff) for what you've instilled in the Chillicothe kids. Here's wishing all the best for the future through Coach Meister and the coaching team he's working to assemble to keep it going.

Go Cavs!

marklane
JV Team

Post by marklane »

For those of you that don't know coach Meister, you're getting a top-notch coach and will really come to like this hire with time. Give the man a chance and you'll soon see that you picked up a legit coach.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Well Coach Meister be reviewing some of the other applicants for potential JV/Varsity assistant positions?

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

The Cavs program will be in shambles for the next 10 years lol

Return to “Boys Basketball”