Post by iam4osu »

New coach named at symmes valley
Donnie Saunders

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Re: Symmes valley new coach named

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Congrats Coach Saunders!

I wish you the best and will miss working with you!

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

This is huge for SV. Get ready for that exciting run and gun offense Viking country.

VIKING GRAD
Riding the Bench

Post by VIKING GRAD »

Rebels on 3 wrote:This is huge for SV. Get ready for that exciting run and gun offense Viking country.

Excited to think the Vikings will be headed back to a running fast break offense. Wish them all the best next year. I am sure the board had some tough decisions last night with the layoffs and then replacing the BB coach. There are lessons to be learned here for the new board member. " Don't make promises you cannot keep".

Truth has it
Waterboy

Post by Truth has it »

Iam4OSU wrote:New coach named at symmes valley
Donnie Saunders
Truth is, Saunders is probably the most qualified.
Truth is, There are alot of "Saunders" out there as it is.
Truth is, Maybe Donnie should be the only one out there.
Truth is, this board is no different than others before them. All votes by them are in some way political in nature.
Truth is, my first post.

vikingguy12
Waterboy

Post by vikingguy12 »

im glad they made a good hire this time!!!! im excited to see what they can do under donnie

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

His style of ball combined with the players he has is going to be trouble for the rest of the SOC 1 .

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

Saw him at the SV-Peake baseball game tonight, so I figured he had gotten the job.

timeout
Riding the Bench

Post by timeout »

Congrats Coach Saunders,,,4 returning starters who can put up big numbers every game and basically the whole team back,WOW.SOC better be ready for this team,I see this team hungry and on a mission next year.Work hard in the off season boys and make Viking country proud.

BasketballFan1
Riding the Bench

Post by BasketballFan1 »

Coach Saunders has alot to work with. Symmes was a very good team last year, and with another year of experience under their belt they will be a tough one for anyone in the SOC 1.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

BasketballFan1 wrote:Coach Saunders has alot to work with. Symmes was a very good team last year, and with another year of experience under their belt they will be a tough one for anyone in the SOC 1.
I agree. Symmes will be very good. Does anyone have any idea what Saunders record was at S.Gallia?

VIKING GRAD
Riding the Bench

Post by VIKING GRAD »

Eaglesnest wrote:
BasketballFan1 wrote:Coach Saunders has alot to work with. Symmes was a very good team last year, and with another year of experience under their belt they will be a tough one for anyone in the SOC 1.
I agree. Symmes will be very good. Does anyone have any idea what Saunders record was at S.Gallia?

Not sure I agree that SV will be very good. I do think they will be playing a style of BB better suited to those boys. Faster pace of play.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

what are coach saunders coaching credentials?

VIKING GRAD
Riding the Bench

Post by VIKING GRAD »

sparky wrote:what are coach saunders coaching credentials?
I dont think his record is any better than Carpenters was while he coached SV. Like I said it was a tough decision on choosing between Carpenter and Saunders. Both have strong ties to the SV program. Either one would have brought in a different sytle of coaching than what we have now.

iam4osu
JV Team

Post by iam4osu »

Already complaining....as I said before and I will say it again...You could hire the most winning coach of all time and
these parents will find SOMETHING to complain about.
These boys need to know what a real practice consist of.
Our boys DO NOTHING in the off season....NOTHING>>>
He wants them in the weight room...hes gonna have them running...hes already got plans to have them very busy in the off season.....
If your kid doesnt show up cause he doesnt want to lift or he doesnt want to put his few miles in...then do us all a favor and
dont be crying cause hes not starting....

bballfool
Freshman Team

Post by bballfool »

Not only have i seen Coach Saunders not start a kid that doesn't work in the off season, I have seen him cut them from the team before.

He has an excellent work ethic.

Truth has it
Waterboy

Post by Truth has it »

Iam4OSU wrote:Already complaining....as I said before and I will say it again...You could hire the most winning coach of all time and
these parents will find SOMETHING to complain about.
These boys need to know what a real practice consist of.
Our boys DO NOTHING in the off season....NOTHING>>>
He wants them in the weight room...hes gonna have them running...hes already got plans to have them very busy in the off season.....
If your kid doesnt show up cause he doesnt want to lift or he doesnt want to put his few miles in...then do us all a favor and
dont be crying cause hes not starting....

Truth is------- This is gonna hurt alot of feelings.
Truth is ------ OMG I cant believe you wrote all of that. Bad part is, its all true.

:aaaaa18

vikingguy12
Waterboy

Post by vikingguy12 »

viking grad, you make it sound like you had your hand in it, did you vote??? .... i have to laugh that you even posted that about records being any better.. lol.. that was such an easy decision a cave man could of done it!!!!! hahahahaha how can you compare a 20-25 yr coaching career to a what 6-7 yr hs coaching career? YOU CANT!!! donnie has repeatedly had no talent or at best not even close to the talent that we have had at symmes valley over the years and continued to come into our own house and humiliate us... that should tell you alittle something right there..look at what he done to us this year with not much talent.. he had at best 2 average basketball players on his team and a few good role players and he waxed the floor with us!!!!! regardless of who the coach was at the time he's made us look bad over and over...

donnie saunders will not play favorites with any of these boys and that is a good thing!!! these boys are not going to know what hit them..... still going to tick alot of these whiny parents off bc there allstar bench warmers arent getting playing time but guaranteed it will be a nice change of pace to symmes valley basketball!!!

sportslifelove
Freshman Team

Post by sportslifelove »

vikingguy12 wrote:viking grad, you make it sound like you had your hand in it, did you vote??? lol you must be one of the school board members who promised the job to alvin before he even applied before the job came up lol.... i have to laugh that you even posted that about records being any better.. lol.. that was such an easy decision a cave man could of done it!!!!! hahahahaha how can you compare a 25-30 yr coaching career to a what 6-7 yr hs coaching career? YOU CANT!!! donnie has repeatedly had no talent or at best not even close to the talent that we have had at symmes valley over the years and continued to come into our own house and humiliate us... that should tell you alittle something right there..look at what he done to us this year with not much talent.. he had at best 2 average basketball players on his team and a few good role players and he waxed the floor with us!!!!! regardless of who the coach was at the time he's made us look bad over and over...

donnie saunders will not play favorites with any of these boys and that is a good thing!!! these boys are not going to know what hit them..... still going to tick alot of these whiny parents off bc there allstar bench warmers arent getting playing time but guaranteed it will be a nice change of pace to symmes valley basketball!!!

Hold on.... Did you just say that Donnie had no talent this year at South Gallia??? Yes you did!! And you said he had maybe 2 average players at best??? You are kidding right? He had an all-state guard that just signed to play college basketball and the twins were good ball players in thier own right! Their post player put up 38 one night to set the school scoring record and had a good season. They will graduate 6 seniors!!! In fact many of the fans thought their record would be much better but they made a run into the tournament that quieted down any underachieving criticism.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

sportslifelove wrote:
vikingguy12 wrote:viking grad, you make it sound like you had your hand in it, did you vote??? lol you must be one of the school board members who promised the job to alvin before he even applied before the job came up lol.... i have to laugh that you even posted that about records being any better.. lol.. that was such an easy decision a cave man could of done it!!!!! hahahahaha how can you compare a 25-30 yr coaching career to a what 6-7 yr hs coaching career? YOU CANT!!! donnie has repeatedly had no talent or at best not even close to the talent that we have had at symmes valley over the years and continued to come into our own house and humiliate us... that should tell you alittle something right there..look at what he done to us this year with not much talent.. he had at best 2 average basketball players on his team and a few good role players and he waxed the floor with us!!!!! regardless of who the coach was at the time he's made us look bad over and over...

Hold on.... Did you just say that Donnie had no talent this year at South Gallia??? Yes you did!! And you said he had maybe 2 average players at best??? You are kidding right? He had an all-state guard that just signed to play college basketball and the twins were good ball players in thier own right! Their post player put up 38 one night to set the school scoring record and had a good season. They will graduate 6 seniors!!! In fact many of the fans thought their record would be much better but they made a run into the tournament that quieted down any underachieving criticism.
Tied the school record. I hate to see him go but I will get to go watch him coach you all not to far away.

Return to “Boys Basketball”