Re: meigs new hire

Post by Spartan »

Good luck Meigs.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

notsurprised wrote:
Spartan wrote:Whoever takes that job will have to want to coach in the worst way.
I am not a betting man, but i have a hunch you will be eating those words in a couple of seasons. While most local tvc schools have some talent in the lower levels, meigs has multiple classes in a row with outstanding kids. And if some of the kids who i hear may end up there do, look out tvc and area. Years 1-2 for new coach may be a struggle as far as wins and losses, but years3,4,5,6 and beyond could be very special times in marauder land. Multiple championships possible......
Meigs does have a couple fairly talented classes but so do other schools in the area,
Dominance? Good teams possibly?
I think Meigs,Alexander,RV will be programs on the upward swing i don't see any of them being just heads and tails better than anyone else!

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Should be interesting inthe TVC then. Nelsonville York has good young players. And Athens could start 3 sophmores and 2 freshmen next year.

George Jones
Freshman Team

Post by George Jones »

Rvbballdude wrote:
notsurprised wrote:
Spartan wrote:Whoever takes that job will have to want to coach in the worst way.
I am not a betting man, but i have a hunch you will be eating those words in a couple of seasons. While most local tvc schools have some talent in the lower levels, meigs has multiple classes in a row with outstanding kids. And if some of the kids who i hear may end up there do, look out tvc and area. Years 1-2 for new coach may be a struggle as far as wins and losses, but years3,4,5,6 and beyond could be very special times in marauder land. Multiple championships possible......
Meigs does have a couple fairly talented classes but so do other schools in the area,
Dominance? Good teams possibly?
I think Meigs,Alexander,RV will be programs on the upward swing i don't see any of them being just heads and tails better than anyone else!

I don't see Meigs or River Valley ever having success. To much drama in both programs to be successful. Meigs has had loads of talent and can't win cause of all the drama. I look for another sub 500 season from both.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I heard a Jackson guy got the Boy basketball job ??

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Super Trooper wrote:Bartrum is pretty much recruiting

It does seem this way but it is not his fault that the people of meigs county kiss his a$$. But, It's been happening for years with his summer league teams in baseball also.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

I don't see Meigs or River Valley ever having success. To much drama in both programs to be successful. Meigs has had loads of talent and can't win cause of all the drama. I look for another sub 500 season from both.[/quote]

Lets leave RV out of this,we lost most of our drama! It moved to another school!
please,be kind, haha!

mojo
Waterboy

Post by mojo »

Rvbballdude wrote:I don't see Meigs or River Valley ever having success. To much drama in both programs to be successful. Meigs has had loads of talent and can't win cause of all the drama. I look for another sub 500 season from both.
Lets leave RV out of this,we lost most of our drama! It moved to another school!
please,be kind, haha![/quote]
If most of your drama moved to another school what will your excusses be next year ?

Jackie Moon
Riding the Bench

Post by Jackie Moon »

with the state of basketall in gallia county period,i think there are enough excuses to go around

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

GAHS led Meigs 36-25 with nine minutes left in the game in the Jackson summer league Tuesday evening. But the Marauders outscored the Blue Devils 20-6 in the final nine minutes to win, 45-42.

Return to “Boys Basketball”