SEOPS H

Re: PFLOYD

Post by a_c_m »

Prayers from New Boston!

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

PFLOYD,I hate to hear that! I love reading your posts on the B-B forum, they are so detailed and precise that I don't even have to read the paper the next day,I miss you posting on the football forums something you used to do quite a bit,I still remember when Gahanna was traveling to Logan for a monster game against two of the top rated teams in the Columbus region that year,you were posting to the Gahanna people when the busses crossed below the Lancaster/Dixon line they would start to hear dueling banjos playing on the porches,that was classic! Keep up the good fight Buddy!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Floyd,

Fight the fight! and as a famous basketball coach once said during his fight, "Don't give up, Don't ever give up"

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

Pfloyd,

I rarely get on here during the summer months but noticed the post about the latest developments. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I truly enjoy our conversations and not only admire and respect your knowledge of high school hoops, but moreover your humble and kind personality.

Hoping for good results and a fast recovery.

Stay strong, my friend.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Thank you Ty Webb ... MY game plan is to be around for the 2012-13 Hoops Below the Line LOL ... I keep getting "punched in the stomach" so to speak when I get news BUT I'm staying positive, doing what I'm asked, planning for "a future" which includes continuing what I love to do - getting out to see high school hoops in SEOhio ... there are so many great people out there such as yourself who I enjoy bantering back and forth with about high school hoops ... besides who would I leave the Pfloyd Elite 8 up to??? 93bulldog??? com'on !!! I couldn't do that to you guys in Southern/Southeastern Ohio!!! LOL ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Speaking of 'gut shots' ... Ouch.

:mrgreen:

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Pfloyd,,great to see you on the post...Keep up the fight and give it your all..you have a tuff opponent that switchs
from zone to man on a dime but get the offense in gear and beat this bad guy..prayers from Arizona
wiapalwalt

sportfolio
JV Team

Post by sportfolio »

Pfloyd -- Just learned of your sitiuation ... thoughts and prayers coming your way from Athens.
If there is a time that I would be able to travel north to take uou to dinner, send a message to me or give me a call at home.
I have an answering machine if I am out.
Sportfolio

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Prayers and peace for pfloyd and family.

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

You hang in there, PFloyd. I have yet to meet you and Warren is going to have another great team, so I will be looking for you at some game. Prayers.....

d2dragon
Riding the Bench

Post by d2dragon »

Prayers from Dragon country!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... 3 weeks into my chemo treatments ... week one was pretty uneventful really - no side effects to speak of ... week two entered with a bang - fatigue - my body was drained of energy - I thought I could get out to the Waverly Shootout last weekend but didn't have the energy ... for Father's Day - thought I could make it to Lake Erie to see my sons but could only make it as far as Delaware - fatigue, and the new side effect for last week was joint pain - unbearable ... felt like someone had taken a paintbrush loaded with "pain", they painted my entire body with "pain" stopping at the joints in my shoulders,elbows,wrists,knees, ankles stopping at each one to let the "pain" be absorbed in those areas <sigh> ... Week #3 - still have the joint pain especially in the shoulders/wrists/ankles ... one of the common side effects (along with the joint pain - is the accumulation of pain on the bottoms of the feet ( the heels/balls of the feet) ... makes walking a chore these days ... I've lost about 10 lbs ... the hair (what little I had to start with LOL - is still there so far) ... have noticed vision issues the past to weeks - blurred, watery eyes ... the chemo causes extreme sensitivity to sunlight - so becoming a vampire seems to be the way to go ;-) ...

... was lying in bed yesterday morning about 6:30am ... joint/muscle pain -the norm it seems ... I squeezed the pillow with my right hand as the joint pain has moved into my fingers, faster, tighter each time - it hit me that I was "letting" this hidden opponent dictate how I was feeling each day, dictating what I could or couldn't do ... "pain"? thinking to myself I told the "committee of one-me" that I can't even see the cancer, I can't see what the chemo is doing to battle the cancer - is it working to slow anything down? it isn't going to "cure" me, it IS giving me time however - time ... and here I have for 2 weeks been letting "pain" control me ... squeezing the pillow - faster, harder - I decided that "pain" is not going to go away no matter what I do, and doing nothing is ONLY going to allow "pain" to dictate my life ... this "pain" although very, very real is not due to the muscles, the joints having been "injured", my muscles and joints work fine BUT with "pain" involved soooooooooo I came up with my own game plan while squeezing that pillow : IF I work my muscles, work my joints, raise my threshold for pain I could AT LEAST begin living "on MY terms" again ... I rolled out the 10 lb, 20 lb dumb bells - did curls, shoulder presses/raises, squats, wrist curls ... "pain" and "I" did battle right there in the living room LOL ... I screamed, I had tears in my eyes BUT I won the battle ......... I did every one of the lifts, I pushed through the "pain" ... it felt sooooo good to have done something, something against an opponent !!! - "pain" <deep breath> ... seems like every time I go to the oncologist for a scan of some type - I keep getting "beaten" by this "cancer" - the feeling is total helplessness <deep breath> BUT dammit , Thursday morning at 7am "pfloyd took on "pain" and got a "W" !!!" <heavy sigh, smile on my face> .............

... thanks for all of the positive thoughts from every one ... "pain" and I are scheduled for Game #2 this evening - I'm thinking I'm going to pressure the ball the whole game - make his pg give up the ball, see if anyone else can handle the ball ... "napkin stats" to come ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

pfloyd wrote:... 3 weeks into my chemo treatments ... week one was pretty uneventful really - no side effects to speak of ... week two entered with a bang - fatigue - my body was drained of energy - I thought I could get out to the Waverly Shootout last weekend but didn't have the energy ... for Father's Day - thought I could make it to Lake Erie to see my sons but could only make it as far as Delaware - fatigue, and the new side effect for last week was joint pain - unbearable ... felt like someone had taken a paintbrush loaded with "pain", they painted my entire body with "pain" stopping at the joints in my shoulders,elbows,wrists,knees, ankles stopping at each one to let the "pain" be absorbed in those areas <sigh> ... Week #3 - still have the joint pain especially in the shoulders/wrists/ankles ... one of the common side effects (along with the joint pain - is the accumulation of pain on the bottoms of the feet ( the heels/balls of the feet) ... makes walking a chore these days ... I've lost about 10 lbs ... the hair (what little I had to start with LOL - is still there so far) ... have noticed vision issues the past to weeks - blurred, watery eyes ... the chemo causes extreme sensitivity to sunlight - so becoming a vampire seems to be the way to go ;-) ...

... was lying in bed yesterday morning about 6:30am ... joint/muscle pain -the norm it seems ... I squeezed the pillow with my right hand as the joint pain has moved into my fingers, faster, tighter each time - it hit me that I was "letting" this hidden opponent dictate how I was feeling each day, dictating what I could or couldn't do ... "pain"? thinking to myself I told the "committee of one-me" that I can't even see the cancer, I can't see what the chemo is doing to battle the cancer - is it working to slow anything down? it isn't going to "cure" me, it IS giving me time however - time ... and here I have for 2 weeks been letting "pain" control me ... squeezing the pillow - faster, harder - I decided that "pain" is not going to go away no matter what I do, and doing nothing is ONLY going to allow "pain" to dictate my life ... this "pain" although very, very really is not due to the muscles, the joints having been "injured", my muscles and joints work fine BUT with "pain" involved soooooooooo I came up with my own game plan while squeezing that pillow : IF I work my muscles, work my joints, raise my threshold for pain I could AT LEAST begin living "on MY terms" again ... I rolled out the 10 lb, 20 lb dumb bells - did curls, shoulder raises, squats, wrist curls ... "pain" and "I" did battle right there in the living room LOL ... I screamed, I had tears in my eyes BUT I won the battle ......... I did every one of the lifts, I pushed through the "pain" ... it felt sooooo good to have done something, something against an opponent !!! - "pain" <deep breath> ... seems like every time I go to the oncologist for a scan of some type - I keep getting "beaten" by this "cancer" - the feeling is total helplessness <deep breath> BUT dammit , Thursday morning at 7am "pfloyd took on "pain" and got a "W" !!!" <heavy sigh, smile on my face> .............

... thanks for all of the positive thoughts from every one ... "pain" and I are scheduled for Game #2 this evening - I'm thinking I'm going to pressure the ball the whole game - make his pg give up the ball, see if anyone else can handle the ball ... "napkin stats" to come ...

You GO BROTHER!!!!!!!

Way to fight back!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Orange and Brown ^ (high five) ... thank you ...

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

Keep working at this Buddy.....Thoughts and prayers are with you and the Mrs!

PM me if I can help in any way my friend.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ty Webb - thank you again my friend ... I greatly appreciate your offers and especially the mention of the "Mrs. Pfloyd" - this is as hard on her as it is on me ... as helpless as "I" feel - I know "she" feels it more ... she's my rock - knows when I'm hurting, knows when to smack me out of feeling defeated LOL ... "WE" together will see "US" through - she reminds me of why I NEED to fight everyday ... I WILL NOT let her and my boys down ...

... thank you TW ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... 3 weeks into my chemo treatments ... week one was pretty uneventful really - no side effects to speak of ... week two entered with a bang - fatigue - my body was drained of energy - I thought I could get out to the Waverly Shootout last weekend but didn't have the energy ... for Father's Day - thought I could make it to Lake Erie to see my sons but could only make it as far as Delaware - fatigue, and the new side effect for last week was joint pain - unbearable ... felt like someone had taken a paintbrush loaded with "pain", they painted my entire body with "pain" stopping at the joints in my shoulders,elbows,wrists,knees, ankles stopping at each one to let the "pain" be absorbed in those areas <sigh> ... Week #3 - still have the joint pain especially in the shoulders/wrists/ankles ... one of the common side effects (along with the joint pain - is the accumulation of pain on the bottoms of the feet ( the heels/balls of the feet) ... makes walking a chore these days ... I've lost about 10 lbs ... the hair (what little I had to start with LOL - is still there so far) ... have noticed vision issues the past two weeks - blurred, watery eyes ... the chemo causes extreme sensitivity to sunlight - so becoming a vampire seems to be the way to go ;-) ...

... was lying in bed yesterday morning about 6:30am ... joint/muscle pain -the norm it seems ... I squeezed the pillow with my right hand as the joint pain has moved into my fingers, faster, tighter each time - it hit me that I was "letting" this hidden opponent dictate how I was feeling each day, dictating what I could or couldn't do ... "pain"? thinking to myself I told the "committee of one-me" that I can't even see the cancer, I can't see what the chemo is doing to battle the cancer - is it working to slow anything down? it isn't going to "cure" me, it IS giving me time however - time ... and here I have for 2 weeks been letting "pain" control me ... squeezing the pillow - faster, harder - I decided that "pain" is not going to go away no matter what I do, and doing nothing is ONLY going to allow "pain" to dictate my life ... this "pain" although very, very real is not due to the muscles, the joints having been "injured", my muscles and joints work fine BUT with "pain" involved soooooooooo I came up with my own game plan while squeezing that pillow : IF I work my muscles, work my joints, raise my threshold for pain I could AT LEAST begin living "on MY terms" again ... I rolled out the 10 lb, 20 lb dumb bells - did curls, shoulder presses/raises, squats, wrist curls ... "pain" and "I" did battle right there in the living room LOL ... I screamed, I had tears in my eyes BUT I won the battle ......... I did every one of the lifts, I pushed through the "pain" ... it felt sooooo good to have done something, something against an opponent !!! - "pain" <deep breath> ... seems like every time I go to the oncologist for a scan of some type - I keep getting "beaten" by this "cancer" - the feeling is total helplessness <deep breath> BUT dammit , Thursday morning at 7am "pfloyd took on "pain" and got a "W" !!!" <heavy sigh, smile on my face> .............

Update Game #2 : Pfloyd gets win number 2 in a row ... did more reps, less pain, less screams, less tears AND by the time I finished the workout - the "pain" that was in my heels/balls of my feet? - GONE! - game on baby!!! "pain" has weaknesses <smiling big right now, with tears in my eyes> ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

As our favorite group once sang ... "All-in-all its just another brick in the wall."

The cancer is a wall ... The pain are bricks ... And our friend Floyd will eventually tear them all down - I'm sure of it!

Hang in there buddy.

(BTW ... Don't forget to put in the Rocky soundtrack while lifting those weights; nothing beats a little "Eye of the Tiger" when motivation is needed ... lol)

pole vault 1
Waterboy

Post by pole vault 1 »

Mike, I just returned from Mexico and have not been on the web many times, especially SEOPS, and here i am sitting here reading all of this with tears in my eyes. I am pulling for you. I have been through this 3 times in my life with members from my family and it takes a toll on those suffering. My mother fought for 8 years and pushed a lawn mower over 3 acres of mowing just beating her cancer back. She was in her 70's. She did ALL kinds of alternative treatments and was quite possible the most read person I ever knew about cancer. I do not know what to say except hang in there, man, and fight the fight. You are a good man - an ally - shall I say - and you do not deserve this. If you just want someone to sit with you and talk give me a call.

Greg Fraunfelter

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

pfloyd....keep up the positive outlook...you are facing one tough
opponent, however YOU are the better team...prayers continue
from Surprise Arizona

Return to “Boys Basketball”