PFLOYD

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Re: PFLOYD

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Happy Birthday Buddy, Hope your doing good and have a great birthday!!!!! :aaaaa26 :aaaaa25 :aaaaa11 :aaaaa14 :aaaaa26 :aaaaa25 :aaaaa14

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Happy Birthday Brother!!!!!!!!!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Man keep kicking A??! Have a very joyful and happy birthday!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

:aaaaa34 :aaaaa37 :aaaaa34 :aaaaa37 :aaaaa34 :aaaaa37 :aaaaa34 :aaaaa37 :aaaaa34 :aaaaa37 :aaaaa34 :aaaaa37 :aaaaa41

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Happy Birthday Friend. And MANY more.

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

Stay after the fight PFloyd the purple hippo..

Focused
SEOPS

Post by Focused »

Happy Birthday PFLOYD.. Hope it is very special for you....

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! HOPE FOR A GREAT DAY,,,,AND REMEMBER,,,,DO NOT
EAT TOO MUCH CAKE.....
GOD SPEED AND PRAYERS FROM ARIZONA
WIPALA

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Happy birthday, Pfloyd.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Thank you all for the birthday wishes !!! I am so glad to turn a year older - all year I have been going to one doctor or another, one hospital or another where I register, they put "the wristband" on me, they have me check the information to see if it is accurate, one piece of information is my age !!!! it seemed like I was 55 for years !!!!!!! lol ... at least now - even at a year older - I get to see a NEW number :)

... a quick update - I received final notification that I will be admitted to the James/OSU Medical Center on November 5th to begin what is ultimately "the championship game" for me ... with the "stable" CT scan results from a few weeks ago my oncologist team feels it is time to try to get "ahead" of the cancer with a regiment of Interleukin-2 (IL-2) ... hardcore IV treatments that require round the clock monitoring of my heart, lungs, kidney ... the treatment cycle will have me receiving IV's every 8 hours for 5 days , this will be followed by 9 days of recovery followed again by 5 more days of IL-2 treatments , then recovery one more time ... approximately 1 month after my last IV treatments in the (5-9-5-9) cycle they will do a CT scan to see how I am responding to the IL-2 , IF I am responding positively 6-12 weeks from that point they will admit me again for the 5-9-5-9 cycle < heavy sigh> ... this is the big push, why I have been going through all of the treatments the last 2 years - to get to the point where "WE" can get ahead of the game, get ahead of the cancer ... I'm ready physically and mentally for this important "game" ... my Converse All Stars are getting a workout from all of the lacing up I've been doing lol ...

... a port gets put in on Oct 30th ... admitted on Nov. 5th - IL-2 treatment begins same day ... game on ...

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Prayers again from Gallia County and we wish you good luck. Keep fighting with all your might.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Good Luck with all that buddy! Stay strong. You've had an impressive battle....no go finish it off with a win!

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

It's a marathon not a sprint...slow and steady carries the day...stick with the fundamentals, be aggressive and always stay on the offensive...never let up until the final horn blows!! You're an inspiration for the countless folks battling ailments. Dogged determination, perseverance in the face of adversity and a strong will to overcome seemingly insurmountable odds wins the day! I wish you well and the very best!!

Focused
SEOPS

Post by Focused »

Prayers continuing from this Scioto County preacher..

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman02 - it has absolutely been a "battle" hard to believe it has been almost exactly 2 years (Oct 17th) since I was diagnosed with melanoma cancer - surgery on my leg, lymph nodes removed, biopsies -leg, lymph nodes, parotid gland of the face, lung ... surgery to remove a wedge section of my left lung, surgery to remove cancer tumors from my upper lip and right eye ... throw in the complimentary drug treatments - 20 treatments of high dosaage Interferon Immunotherapy, self injections of Leukine immunotherapy , Chemotherapy 2x a day snce June 4th with the chemo drug Zelboraf ... throw in all of the blood draws, CT scans, PET scans, EKG's , stress tests .... I AM THINKIN' THAT MY PREPARATION FOR MY NEW ADVENTURE HAS BEEN DONE!!! LOL ... thru all of the preparation/treatments I have had the most awesome support system anywhere - my family, friends AND my extended SEOPs family => TEAM Pfloyd ... I think we're ready! have been working fulltime, still president/vice president of 3 community organizations that require extended days work ... I can do this next treatment of InterLeukin-2 requiring inpatient stays at the James/OSU Medical Center -mentally ready for it for sure - now the physcial side is going to be tough as the chemo I have been doing every 12 hours without recovery time has definitely taken it's toll on my body ... will be a gamble adding to the stress already on my body BUT under the close eye of the medical staff looking for the stress that will be put on my lungs, heart, kidney - I can do this ... WE can do this ... have no choice but to do this AND pick up the "W" ... the alternative is not even an option ...

20 days until the port is put in ... 26 days until IL-2 "Tip Off" ... with the 5-9-5-9 cycle I COULD be sitting in the stands at the Zane Trace Tip Off Classic - THAT IS MY GOAL see the first weekend of games ... keep the Pfloyd Elite 8 going again this season ... the committee of one - me - I WILL get it done ...

Main Man
Freshman Team

Post by Main Man »

See ya in the top row at the ZT classic with some napkin stats beeing jotted down. Stay strong !!!

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

You are awesome..You know you have a full team press going on with the prayers and the basketball season WILL see you
in the stands...How would a old Trojan in Arizona find out what is going on in the great SE OHIO area...Put on "The Wall"
and turn up the sound and relax,,as best you can...wipala and mrs wipala have you in our prayers daily...

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

PFLOYD,

I have not been online since late spring, so I just spent the past 30 minutes reading all the updates. All, I can say is you are an inspiration my brother. To share your journey with so many of us is above and beyond what any person would or could do. I continue to pray for you and the family. I also applaud your efforts to stay in the game. I imagine, the quarters seem long and the timeouts short. Yet, despite seemingly being the underdog, you have all ready won. Keep the faith and this Cavalier is one blessed guy to gave met you and gleamed, knowledge, strength and hope from you.

GO PFLOYD!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

hitchbone64 - thank you for the vote of confidence BUT when I get a chance to meet up with fellow SEOPsters/hoops fans as yourself in my book the pleasure is all mine my friend - you're a great fan of Cavs hoops and high school hoops WE have so much in common if on those terms alone ... looking forward to meeting up with you throughout the 2012-13 SEOAL season hitchbone64 ... should be a great campaign - I'm determined to be around to see it unfold start to finish ... 9days away from surgery to put in my dual port ... 6 days later I will be admitted to OSU Medical Center ... let's get it on and over with so I can get on with this years hoops !!!! Most of November is shot with the two week long stays at OSU but I have to believe the time that follows is in fact recovery time -no chemo, no meds THAT in itself will be amazing to feel what a "healthy" or at least an "unmedicated" pfloyd feels like again - haven't had that feeling of "being healthy" for 2 years now ... I suppose each treatment has added time to the my game clock - sure would like to get out front of the cancer - have a little control again ...

... going to order my napkin stat scorebooks tonight so they are here and ready to go for the Zane Trace TipOff Classic ... usually go thru 3 scorebooks from the seasons beginning thru the 3 weeks of the Convo ... it doesn't get any better than that - sitting in the stands, watching hoops, analyze the play, napkin stats . pfloyd IMO's ... followed by the weekly Pfloyd's Elite 8 in Southern/Southeast Ohio, Treehugger Wannabees, Teams on the End Table ... the committee of one -me - IS PUMPED!!!!

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

:aaaaa14 :aaaaa56
Great to hear from you..Continue to lift you and Mrs. Pink up in prayer...God Bless and
keep up the fight....Basketball is such an exicting time of year and the few short time
I have been on this site and so look forward to the Stats From The Napkin!!

Wipalawalt and Old Trojan in AZ

Return to “Boys Basketball”