PFLOYD

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: PFLOYD

Post by pfloyd »

wipala and Old Trojan - keep up the prayers my friends - it's getting closer to "tip off" so to speak - I stop taking the Zelboraf oral chemo that I have taken every 12 hours since June 4th beginning Monday Oct 29th -woot! woot! LOL ... then go in for surgery to put in the dual port Tuesday morning Oct 30th - a necessary evil as my veins in both arms are nothing but scar tissue from all of the blood draws etc. that I have gone thru the last 2 years ... we'll start with that going well then go on the offensive at OSU Medical Center beginning the 5th of November ... I suppose that for the month of November "we" should bombard the "Big Guy" with prayers/positive thoughts - push his broadband bandwidth LOL ... I hope I'm in shape physically/mentally to do some posts from the hospital the week of the 5th thru the 12th ... the unknown makes me nervous BUT as I've posted before in the last 2 years I have been thru "nasty" stuff before that has beat me down BUT I am still kicking, still doing ... with the plan to keep on keepin' on even after this next "adventure" ... it's all I know - living is NOT overrated ...

... hang with me SEOPs - your support has kept me going on the tough days for the last 2 years - I'm afraid the tough days will be doubling down on me in the near future BUT we "WILL" get thru it ... I'm going to get out in front of this "cancer" and stay there this time around ... wanting so bad to live life on my own terms at home, at work , in life ... TEAM SEOPs will push me through ...

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

You are and will continue to be in our prayers...Keep up the
good fight.
wiapalawalt

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... made it through the Port Surgery with flying colors (purple I believe) ... feels like someone took a sledgehammer to my upper left chest area LOL but with the "dual port" this time around I think I officially qualify as a Mobile WiFi Hot Spot !!!!!! LOL ... everything went fine - next stop will be C'bus at the OSU Medical Center/The James for a week long "stay cation" - will be pushing the hard core "stuff" (IL-2) - Interleukin-2 ... looking to have some good mental/physical practice session before Monday so Team Pfloyd will be ready for Week #1 ...

... I have a sign given to me by a great support person for me since I started this adventure , she made it up to hang in my room where I can see it ... it reads :

" When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place " - perfect ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I spoke with my oncologist team by phone Thursday - they didn't give me "news" that goes with the time frame I had in mind to get in front of the cancer issues I have been dealt ... looks like I will not be able to get out to see the early season games I usually do - ZT TipOff Classic => I will be hospitalized at OSU during that week ... my schedule has me inpatient for 7 days beginning Nov 5th taking Interleukin-2 ... followed by 2 weeks recovery time ... I will be readmitted on Nov 26th for 7 days which will keep me away from Opening nights at ZT ... 2 weeks recovery to follow with the next scheduled inpatient Dec 17th - they will do CT/PET Scans to determine if they will be admitting me during that week ... IF they decide I need this 3rd round I will not be back to work until after the first of the year ...

...kinda down right now with this news of my timeline - seems I have very little control of the situation - making it very difficult to wrap my head around right now ... looks like I'm going to have to rely on the SEOPs faithful for scores/rundowns of games, napkin stats ...

frog
Waterboy

Post by frog »

Pfloyd, you know as well as I do that the SEOPS people will keep you informed and updated with all the "napkin" stats, the "eye witness" accounts and all the information possible on ALL of the games that will be taking place in southeastern Ohio! (and a few extras I'll bet)! You don't have to worry your brain about getting the info from these amazing people. In Addition, I am sure that they would love to have you at the games, but totally understand that the full court press you are going to be "playing" is the toughest game around this hoops season. You hang in there! Take care of bidness at the James and your "cheap" seat(s), will be waiting for you when you return. THE SEOPS nation will continue to think about you and pray for you and your family as you go after this opponent.

frog
Waterboy

Post by frog »

Keep those prayers and thoughts going to Pfloyd and his family. I'm sure that he will be on here soon to catch
everyone up on the latest. He has been through the first week at the James and should be home going through
recovery phase now. He needs the support!

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Post by oldtrojan »

PFLOYD, YOU SIR ARE "THE MAN AMONG MEN". Prayers will continue to come from the oldtrojan family up here in Northeastern Pennsylvania.
GOD SPEED MY FRIEND ,and hope to run into you somewhere along the championship trail!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... struggling here in the Hocking Valley I am ... you would think that after 2 years of fighting cancer, having gone through the treatments I have to this point I would learn to NEVER feel that I have gone through the worst - the High Dosage Interleukin-2 treatments I am doing wins so far hands down ... I went in to the James 11/5 ... I handled the 12 treatments of IL-2 (had some port issues that kept me from getting a treatment as scheduled BUT stayed an extra 24 hours to get magic treatment #12) ... was released on Sunday 11/11 ... this begins week 2 of recovery ... I will be readmitted to OSU/the James next Thursday 11/29 for Round 2 (12 treatments/2 weeks of recovery) ... (heavy sigh) ...

... oldtrojan keep those prayers rolling my friend ... I KNOW I will get through the IL-2 treatments as difficult as they are to endure at the time ... just need that support to keep pushing me forward ... thanks ...

Focused
SEOPS

Post by Focused »

Prayers continue from this Scioto County preacher..

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Keep up the fight...as an old PHS coach used to say "Give Them Heller"
Our prayers are with you, your family and the stafff at the James....
wipala

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Putting together 21 days of a different "positive thought" to help me get through Round #2 - 6 to 7 days will be in patient at the James with chemo treatments every 8 hours (as long as my body can handle it) ...

1. No Quit ...
2. When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place ...
3. Survive and Advance ...
4. Complete Faith ... complete Trust in God ...put all in his hands ...

... need help with more cards to put on the bulletin board in my hospital room:

... 21.

Last edited by pfloyd on Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Brother,,,you are the man......God Bless you and your family......

frog
Waterboy

Post by frog »

Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't,
I give myself reasons why I can.

Do or do not, there is no "try"!!!

Our lives teach us who we are.

If you really want to do something you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse!!!

Attitude is EVERYTHING!!!

Know that the greatest fear is fear of the unknown.
Seek to meet the unknown with courage and a sense of adventure.
- Jonathan Lockwood Huie

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain.
- Vivian Greene

Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones,
you'll start having positive results.
-Willie Nelson

Never let the odds keep you from doing
what you know in your heart you were meant to do.
-H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
-Winston Churchill

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... frog - I really like the Winston Churchill quote "If you're going through hell, keep going." ... I will begin "going through hell" again tomorrow morning at OSU/the James (does that mean I need to get my Garmin fixed if I already went through hell once and NOW I'm going to do it all over again? LOL) ...

... hold down the fort for the first weekend of hoops - I HATE to miss the games !!! ... I hope to be out of OSU on Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest - the recovery is "hell revisited" BUT being out of the hospital will be good ... looking forward to reading the posts/napkin stats from this weekend of hoops action, please post the scores from as many games as possible as I won't be able to get on the puter for any length of time (comes from the experience of "going through hell" the first time LOL) ...

... I won't be posting a NEW "Elite 8" ranking until after the first full week of games - I physically won't be able to do it BUT after that first week I should be good to go on the puter rankings ...

Take care everyone - get out and support teams in Southern Ohio this weekend and next week ... here's wishing all the teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line all the best ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I've gone through 2 rounds of the IL-2 chemo , after each 2 rounds the oncologist team wants a CT scan to see if the IL-2 is having any effect on the cancer ... I report to the James in C'bus tomorrow at 2:50pm to drink the "solution" before having a CT scan at 4 pm ... being so late in the day the results won't be available until sometime Friday ... have to be honest and say that I am more than "anxious" ... as I have said before it's been 2 years to get to this point in doing the IL-2 and now it comes down to a CT scan to show that the treatments are effective in fighting this battle ... sure am ready for some positive results - positive results on the scan will mean 2 more rounds of IL-2 over the next month and half ...

... IL-2 + positive thoughts + prayers = "W's" ...

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Brother Pink you will have prayers lifted up from AZ

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Friday was one of the most anxious days of my life waiting for the results of my Thursday CT scan ... I couldn't eat, hard time breathing, called my oncologist office 2 times through the day only to find that the CT scan results had not been reviewed by the oncologist until close to 5 pm ... she called while looking at the CT scan ... results showed that the IL-2 treatments seem to be working (breathing again) - the lesions in my left lung are smaller, the 2 lesions in my abdomen - 1 was smaller, a second was larger (but she feels that the lesion is inflamed from the IL-2 treatment, it's "ticked off") ... all great news! this is the second good CT scan in a row with the last one showing that the Zelboraf chemo I was taking since June 4 worked in getting the cancer stable, to stop spreading ... yesterdays results indicate that the IL-2 is working to boost my immune system to fight this opponent ... I see it as I have been trailing the entire game but now have taken a 3 to 4 point lead in the 4th quarter <whew> ... a lot of time remaining, anything can happen but I will be continuing the IL-2 treatment KNOWING that the IL-2 IS working, the positive thoughts, the prayers, my faith/trust in the "HEAD COACH" IS working ... life is good ...

... I will be admitted to the James next Thursday for Rd 3 of IL-2 and there will be a Rd 4 followed by another CT scan in late January ... a long way to go BUT knowing that the treatments ARE doing their job makes wrapping my mind around an attitude needed to endure the treatments doable ...

... you will never know how much your support, kind words, positive thoughts and prayers has given me strength in dealing with this opponent - thank you all ...

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

I am glad to hear things are going well. Still not out of the woods, yet, but the forest is thinning out and sunshine is starting to break through. Prayers will continue to go your way.

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Keep after it Pink...you da man...

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Pfloyd,

Thanks for the update my friend. I love the hoops analogy. Despite adversity and setbacks, you have moved ahead in the 4th quarter. I also now another thing. In all of our scorebooks, you are all ready a winner. May God continue to Bless! After the tragedy in Connecticut, this is much welcome news.

GO PFLOYD!

Return to “Boys Basketball”