PFLOYD

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: PFLOYD

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote:painting party Sunday at the new Pfloyd house.
We going with a pretty green .... or the flashy gold?

just curious.

:)

glad you're feeling better man!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote:
pfloyd wrote:painting party Sunday at the new Pfloyd house.
We going with a pretty green .... or the flashy gold?

just curious.

:)

glad you're feeling better man!
... actually 93dog we are painting OVER an awful green and gold combo LOL ... starting to look good in the new/old house looks like a possible pfloyd move in a couple of weeks (still waiting for the purple and white carpeting to go in Monday and Tuesday :mrgreen: okay we are painting over an even MORE awful looking purple painted walls in the study (which was a teenagers bedroom at one time - so I have to excuse the purple/white mix lol) ...

... 1/2 day of work tomorrow before heading to OSU for scans/blood draw & appointment with my oncology team to discuss the results of the CT scans ... going to be a long day ... hoping for nothing but the best but preparing for the "not so good news" ... not sure I can handle "bad" news , not sure I know HOW TO handle bad news - I feel so good health wise I can't even imagine anything other than good news ... we will try to get some sleep tonight, do my job tomorrow morning which should get my mind off the scans , then I'll lace up the converse allstars and head up Rt 33 ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... "stable" :122245 ... Zane Trace Tip Off Classic Nov 29th, North Adams for the day of hoops to honor Coach Young on Saturday Nov 30th , home for the holidays ... 3 more months added to the game clock - life is good ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote:... "stable" :122245 ... Zane Trace Tip Off Classic Nov 29th, North Adams for the day of hoops to honor Coach Young on Saturday Nov 30th , home for the holidays ... 3 more months added to the game clock - life is good ...

GREAT NEWS!

But you left out the Athens County Shrine Club preview.

You probably would have left out the event seeing as its a "TVC", "small school" thing ... but since Warren usually shows up I take you'll be their?

:mrgreen:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... LOL - last year was the first time I had missed the Preview in many many years, always great to get that first look at players AND that all important first "program" of the season as well LOL ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Watch the movie Fever Pitch with Jimmy Fallon ... there is a scene when he runs downstairs and gets his season Red Sox tickets - and then just stands there and smells em ... that's exactly how I feel upon getting the new program at the Shriners!

lol

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

:mrgreen:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... haven't posted much on this thread because "I'm feelin' darn good!!!" LOL ... hard to believe I even have cancer, I haven't felt this good in the last 3 years - it is amazing really ... I have my next CT scan January 16th ... the last 3 have been "stable" hoping for the same this go around ... It's a ways off but because I'm feeling as good as I am my mind wanders to the "what if ..." trying not to go there though - just enjoying the time I have being healthy, enjoying Mrs. Floyd & our new (1871) house, going to thoroughly take in the holidays this year - have missed them all the last 2 years - AND yes I get to start the basketball season being able to get to games/post on games/ meet up with seops posters, go to the Beast of the Southeast's hospitality room :mrgreen: ... all is going well

... please keep me in your prayers, "stable" is a wonderful word, but NED (No Evidence of Disease) would be even better ... thank you all for your support - YOU make all the difference ...

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Good to hear some very positive reports, pfloyd. Thinking about you, especially when hoops season comes around. See you in the Land of the Purple soon!!

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Pfloyd, As always, I am so privileged to have someone such like yourself as an inspiration and role model. I'm so glad for you and Mrs Pfloyd. I can only imagine the impact you have had on all those kids in the purple nation. Hoops season is now upon us and I can't wait to read the great reports from you.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Pfloyd, As always, I am so privileged to have someone such like yourself as an inspiration and role model. I'm so glad for you and Mrs Pfloyd. I can only imagine the impact you have had on all those kids in the purple nation. Hoops season is now upon us and I can't wait to read the great reports from you.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... trojandave, thanks for checking in on this old man! as I posted "doing fine" "feeling good" I AM READY to see some hoops ! got a whole menu of games on the card for the opening week of play starting with the Athens Preview running thru the Coach Young Classic at North Adams - there's about 15 games there! I'm lovin' it LOL ...

hitchbone64 ! so good to see your post my friend ... I was talking to a colleague awhile back when things weren't going so well, trying to stay positive, my colleague said he had run into a retired cook from here at the high school ... the cook asked about me and commented that she always liked me and watching me work with my kids , she stated "Mr. K always did a great job with his kids" ... I told my colleague that's all I want it to say on my head stone "he always did a great job with his kids" ... as far as an impact goes - I see the results of my work all around Logan with the kids I have taught - puts a smile on my face ... the kids I teach now know I have cancer, know and see that it hasn't/doesn't keep me from doing my job and doing it well ... I hope they learn that life is not a given, something that should never be taken for granted ... when you are up against an opponent that seemingly has the upper hand - you lean on others for support not as a crutch but as true support to get you thru the lows , to allow you time to realize ALL of those things that make life worth living in the first place - it's the people around you, some you know, some you don't but it is ALL about the people ... I am confident that I HAVE and WILL CONTINUE to leave my mark - in some way I will live on long after I am gone ... for NOW I am living life to the fullest every single day , enjoying the people - those around me and all of YOU as well ... as I had the basketball game analogy from the beginning of this battle - I may lose the game but cancer will know that I was not an easy out ... I WILL keep putting minutes back on that game clock for as long as I can ... hitchbone64 - we will run into each other over the course of the season I'm sure ... take care of you my friend ...

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Pfloyd, Awesome news! I for one really enjoy BB season on this site. You and others paint such a wonderful
Canvas that I feel as though I at the games. The report you posted shows that "The Head Coach" has more
For you to do in this Gym!
God Bless my friend,,,,,now get out there and take in a WHOLE of basketball.
Wipala

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

wipala - the best goes out to you and yours ... I truly feel you are right "The Head Coach" has more for me to do ... not my time yet ... too many people who need to come in contact with me , for me to make contact as well - for what purpose? "Coach" will let me know when the time comes ... Hoops is now on the agenda ! with about 15 games on the menu for the coming week wipala I should have some team insights/napkin stats to send your way ... take care

Last edited by pfloyd on Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Thank you, looking forward.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I'm sitting back right now in my study, looking over all of the games I've seen already on my Napkin Stats sheets, looking at the 5 varsity games I will have taken in this week (if mother nature let's them play out) ... reflecting a little on the fact that I missed so much by being in the hospital for over 30 days last winter - foremost this past Thanksgiving was my first at home with family for 3 years, the same will be said of both Christmas and New Years in a few weeks (deep breath) ... so much to be thankful for - the battle is definitely not over, I am "stable" the cancer has not spread over the last 3 CT scans or the equivalent of 9 months this January, I haven't had to be on any treatments since last January - it feels so good to feel like ME ... to feel as if I can do things I enjoy from being with family and friends to yes watching ALL of the hoops I can get to LOL ... I thank the "head coach" every day for giving me the opportunity to "live" really live my life as ME the last 11 months ... I made it thru a tough surgery in June but I had no doubts at the time that things would be fine ... I've worked full-time from day one of school this year - full go ... It's getting close to the next scan Jan 16 and as usual when THE scan gets closer the more anxious I get as to the outcome of the tests ... I'm not perfect - I should be able to leave the outcome in the "head coach's" hands , trust that all will again be FINE ... I'm still learning I suppose, trying to get over the fears - fears of the what if things go South?, what if I need to undergo more treatments ? what if????? ... I can't waste time with the "what if's" , stay positive, live every single minute to the fullest ...

... I keep seeing the view numbers on this thread continue to go up daily, so humbling to realize that so many people some of you I know, some not - care enough to look into how I'm doing - thank you all ... special people you are ... to each of YOU I wish you and your families/loved ones the very best for Christmas and New Years ...

- pfloyd

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Pfloyd, I should put this on a PM but everyone needs to read this."... God put each and everyone of us on this rock for
a reason, and yours my friend is to be an inspiration to all that have a battle in their lives, to show that faith and determination are factors in our lives that can not be overlooked. You will stay in our prayers and with your next scan forthcoming God's will be done.
Meanwhile thank you, and all the other loyal posters for all the great reports on bb in seohio
Wipalawalt from Az

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Great news!!! You are truly one of the bright spots on Seops, as I'm sure you are at home and work...I enjoy the unbiased BB reports...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... What a great time the holidays !!! it was the first time I was able to be with my family for the Christmas/New Years holidays in 3 years - I spent a lot of time looking out windows smiling with tears in my eyes ... listening to the sounds of kids running through the house, adults laughing, presents opening - it sounded so good!!! the sounds of the holidays - the sounds that you take for granted until they are not there ... when you hear them all again - it makes you so thankful for the opportunity that you've been given to take it ALL in one more time ... with the hopes that there will many many more to follow in the years to come - "thanks Coach for putting me in the game this season" ...

... my life 3 months at a time - I go back to the James on Thursday, Jan. 16th for my 3 month CT scan ... I feel good, have been doing everything I've wanted to do whenever I've wanted to do it ... I don't feel like there is anything out of the ordinary going on - which I take as a good sign ... I will only know for sure when the Oncologist comes through the door - me staring down the look on her face, listening for the first words to give me a hint as to "good news" or " not " ... in my time battling cancer I have learned to interpret all of the words and phrases - " pretty good" is ALWAYS followed by the infamous "BUT" ... that when things are "stable" it means "you have another 3 months without treatments" ... when the doc says without hesitation - "oh no, we want to keep you on the 3 month scan schedule" means - everything has remained relatively the same (which means some lesions are smaller, some are bigger) BUT "IT" is still there and we want to be able to start treatments as soon as possible if things continue to change (meaning -worsen) ... oncologist speak is not a language I have enjoyed learning BUT again a necessity I have found - if nothing else as a means of trying to battle this opponent, learn it's language ... looking to stay even or get ahead in this game ... overtimes are tiring BUT as Christmas/New Years has shown me this year - it is ALL so worth fighting to win the battle ...

... I'll continue to keep you all informed as to the results of the CT scans next Thursday - I have a heck of a lot of great basketball to go see yet THIS year and in years to come ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”