SEO

Re: Logan Basketball 2012-2013

Post by moonshine »

Is it time yet?

mustang_lvr
SEOPS Hippo

Post by mustang_lvr »

free throw are not a simple follow through,but if you drop the arms too soon or always want to step back after the first [this needs work on]

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

What happened last night with the Generals? What's the Chiefs record now? It seem like everybody dropped off the face of the earth!

eaglesrock
Freshman Team

Post by eaglesrock »

Logan simply got out played last night. Sheridan is pretty good, but.........
Logangrad you still calling for 15 wins???? If so they better have Jackson on schedule 12 more times.
I was hearing a lot of complaining in the stands last night. A lot more than normal. The natives are getting restless. A lot of comparing basketball to football. People were bringing up names to replace Helber. The two guys in front of me were talking about McNeal or Bently. I hope John can hold on, but I dont know if he will be able to. Moonshine, you got your death squad on the hunt yet?

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

eaglesrock wrote:Logan simply got out played last night. Sheridan is pretty good, but.........
Logangrad you still calling for 15 wins???? If so they better have Jackson on schedule 12 more times.
I was hearing a lot of complaining in the stands last night. A lot more than normal. The natives are getting restless. A lot of comparing basketball to football. People were bringing up names to replace Helber. The two guys in front of me were talking about McNeal or Bently. I hope John can hold on, but I dont know if he will be able to. Moonshine, you got your death squad on the hunt yet?
No I have not reactivated the Death Squard as of yet! Still trying to get the football thing corrected! The Chiefs will have trouble getting 8 wins!

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

What happened last night? don't know how good Sheridan is but I thought Logan would take this one and I think think 3-7 or 3-8 some were around that and if the Chiefs don't turn things around the rest of the way then there may be a change.

trubbguru
Riding the Bench

Post by trubbguru »

Eaglesrock are you kidding me. These people better do some investigation work on one and find out why he has been let go from all the other coaching jobs he has had. The other, get real he also had a varsity job and blew it better stick with the little kids. They had their opportunity at a good coach but he landed just up the road at B.U.. Have been following them in the dispatch not a great record but better than a lot of others and have shown progress every year. I know they play in a tough league against much bigger schools and seem to hold their own. Mark these words there will be no change.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

trubbguru wrote:Eaglesrock are you kidding me. These people better do some investigation work on one and find out why he has been let go from all the other coaching jobs he has had. The other, get real he also had a varsity job and blew it better stick with the little kids. They had their opportunity at a good coach but he landed just up the road at B.U.. Have been following them in the dispatch not a great record but better than a lot of others and have shown progress every year. I know they play in a tough league against much bigger schools and seem to hold their own. Mark these words there will be no change.
Who are you talking about BU or Logan or a coach

eaglesrock
Freshman Team

Post by eaglesrock »

Easy Guru, Im just telling you what they were saying.......I dont know much about either of them. Do know that McNeal was at Berne and Athens. Where did Bently serve as head coach? I think frustration with the season led to the mentioning of the two coaches. Im with you.....no change will be made....too much hospital money......I hope John and the staff can get it turned around, but I do not have as much confidence as I used to.

Shine, I think guru is refering to Logan having a chance to get the guy from Berne before they hired John.....

trubbguru
Riding the Bench

Post by trubbguru »

eaglesrock wrote:Easy Guru, Im just telling you what they were saying.......I dont know much about either of them. Do know that McNeal was at Berne and Athens. Where did Bently serve as head coach? I think frustration with the season led to the mentioning of the two coaches. Im with you.....no change will be made....too much hospital money......I hope John and the staff can get it turned around, but I do not have as much confidence as I used to.
I'm just saying maybe if people did their home work first they wold not wish for these kind of things.( Coaching Changes) May not be as green on other side of fence as they seem to think. The only thing I know is that if u cant win with this group ur probably not gonna win with whats coming up. Now I sound like i'm rambling but will try to answer Moonshines post too. B.U. is Berne Union and LOGAN lost their shot at a good coach when they hired him at B.U. also think he hired a former asst at logan as his asst. Hope this clears up the water shine. Being up on the Logan power pole as high as you seem to be U already knew this just got a little confussed as to how i posted.

eaglesrock
Freshman Team

Post by eaglesrock »

Guru, you seem a little grumpy today. You not feeling well, or did your wife keep you up to late last night? Thanks for clearing up your previous post . Did Logan try to hire Blevins before they hired Coach Helber? I am not as in the know as you and shine are.
I do believe Rutter is in his second year at Berne.

bobcat43138
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcat43138 »

Hopefully if Helber is replaced they will go with someone completely outside of the school district.Someone that has never had any dealings at Logan.Get away from insiders who think they know all the answers to all our schools athletic problems.

hayseed
Riding the Bench

Post by hayseed »

There is talk of a "road kill" (dead meat) down on 328. Looking out my window I do see some of the usual buzzards circling the area. It is what it is!! Go Chiefs.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

bobcat43138 wrote:Hopefully if Helber is replaced they will go with someone completely outside of the school district.Someone that has never had any dealings at Logan.Get away from insiders who think they know all the answers to all our schools athletic problems.
If the hunt is to begin! Outside is the only way to go! BUT in John's case I will give him a little more rope b-4 tighten it!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Just do not think Helber is going anywhere.

Loganchiefsnation
Freshman Team

Post by Loganchiefsnation »

Moonshine doesnt know 98% of the crap he spews on here. He's a poser. A nobody. A nothing within the community. He wants people to think hes a big shot and hes not. So taking anything he says as relavant, is insane. Logan needs to play as a team, run their offense, and let things happen. Stop throwing the ball the length of the floor out of bounds off the wall time and time again. 3 games lost bc of missed FTs. play better TEAM defense, guard a shooter, foul the best shooter like youre told and not let him get the game winning shot; and leave your egos at the door. If not theyre are 5 other guys who will play their guts out. Logan should by all accounts be 6-3 or 6-4. But they are what they are. I dont think the names mentioned would fix losing at all, and like it was already mentioned, if they were good coaches they would still be at their former positions. Logan is still 3-2 in the SEOAL and in the hunt with all their toughest games at home coming up. They control their own destiny.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Loganchiefsnation wrote:Moonshine doesnt know 98% of the crap he spews on here. He's a poser. A nobody. A nothing within the community. He wants people to think hes a big shot and hes not. So taking anything he says as relavant, is insane. Logan needs to play as a team, run their offense, and let things happen. Stop throwing the ball the length of the floor out of bounds off the wall time and time again. 3 games lost bc of missed FTs. play better TEAM defense, guard a shooter, foul the best shooter like youre told and not let him get the game winning shot; and leave your egos at the door. If not theyre are 5 other guys who will play their guts out. Logan should by all accounts be 6-3 or 6-4. But they are what they are. I dont think the names mentioned would fix losing at all, and like it was already mentioned, if they were good coaches they would still be at their former positions. Logan is still 3-2 in the SEOAL and in the hunt with all their toughest games at home coming up. They control their own destiny.
Thank You for the postive input, But if you read my post instead of insulting my character, I willing to give John more time Dude, please pay attention!

eaglesrock
Freshman Team

Post by eaglesrock »

Logancheifnation,
Since you dont think the two names brought up can fix things, do know of any who can fix things?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan needs height. It always seems Logan doesn't have tall players that can start. We need a couple boys that we can go to in the middle. This way we can score on the bunny and move the ball out to someone like a power forward to take the short jumper when they are playing the middle on defense. If we had a inside, outside game we would be in fine every game to the end.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

noreply66 wrote:Logan needs height. It always seems Logan doesn't have tall players that can start. We need a couple boys that we can go to in the middle. This way we can score on the bunny and move the ball out to someone like a power forward to take the short jumper when they are playing the middle on defense. If we had a inside, outside game we would be in fine every game to the end.
As the old saying goes, recurit them there halls!

Return to “Boys Basketball”