Kretzer and Justice Akron

cowbell oh
Riding the Bench

Kretzer and Justice Akron

Post by cowbell oh »

Watch Kretzer and Justice summer league play. jt focus managemenr akron canton.com. team name alsojt focus management. they won their league also cleveland league.

NOREDHEADS
Waterboy

Re: Kretzer and Justice Akron

Post by NOREDHEADS »

Are they doing any good at Akron?

Jeff Lisath
JV Team

Post by Jeff Lisath »

I'm just glad to see the both of them playing NCAA DI Basketball. That is awesome to have two from Southern Ohio in the MAC. (I wish it was Miami though) :122245 . Hopefully I will get a chance to see them play over the next couple of years.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I agree Coach . With those 2 and London from Chilli at Cleveland St. That's pretty good for southern Ohio.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

lightle04 wrote:I agree Coach . With those 2 and London from Chilli at Cleveland St. That's pretty good for southern Ohio.
London is playing at Missouri State-West Plains JUCO next year.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

My bad I thought he signed with Cle. St.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

lightle04 wrote:My bad I thought he signed with Cle. St.
He did originally. He will probably try to transfer back after a year or two playing JUCO.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Oh ok well good luck to him. I hope that some day soon me and my sons can turn on the TV and watch Blake and Jake play at the same time. That would be so awsome to get to watch two boys that we have watched many times when they were in High School play on TV . There awsome kids and deserve every great thing the future holds for them.

cowbell oh
Riding the Bench

Post by cowbell oh »

Akron basketball schedule is posted will not play miami or ohio in so ohio until Feb. but there will be games on ESPN or other chanels during the year

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

cowbell oh wrote:Akron basketball schedule is posted will not play miami or ohio in so ohio until Feb. but there will be games on ESPN or other chanels during the year
Treg Setty, who is originally from Peebles, plays for Ohio University also so the Ohio/Akron games the next few years will definitely be on my must see list. I would think that it is pretty rare to see 3 players from Southeast Ohio play in the same D1 college game. The only other situation I can think of like that is maybe Western Carolina a few years back with Cam Miller, Nick Aldridge, and Brigham Waginger(Were all three on the team at the same time?).

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

cowbell oh wrote:Akron basketball schedule is posted will not play miami or ohio in so ohio until Feb. but there will be games on ESPN or other chanels during the year
cowbell oh wrote:Watch Kretzer and Justice summer league play. jt focus managemenr akron canton.com. team name alsojt focus management. they won their league also cleveland league.
My goodness....is this as hard to read for everyone else as it is for me?

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

tribe,
where is seaman now?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

sparky wrote:tribe,
where is seaman now?
He is not playing.

Ushoot2Ishoot3
Riding the Bench

Post by Ushoot2Ishoot3 »

I ways felt the Seaman boy was better than the Justice kid, based on athletic ability and the amout of points he was able to score without the ball being funneled to him as was the case with the Justice. Justice will have a hard time, as we have seen, even with small D1 athletes due to his lack of jumping, quickness and inability to create space for the shot. Unlike Setty and even Kretzer mentioned before either you are super quick or tall in the sport at the upper levels. If Justice cannot improve in these areas or develop a wicked fade I unfortunatley cannot see much pt.

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

Yea didnt expect London to due much at the upper levels good highschool player D1 not so much.

Main Man
Freshman Team

Post by Main Man »

I think Blake is at Akron for an education first and basketball second. The kid can play so lay off of him. Evidently the statement from above was from someone that sat the bench behind him at Peebles. No bashing please. We should all be proud of southern ohio kids that move on and play D1 hoops for a free education.

Ushoot2Ishoot3
Riding the Bench

Post by Ushoot2Ishoot3 »

My apologies if my comments appeared harsh. I did feel that seaman had as much talent. Although if there is anyone that can focus and adapt their game it may be the Justice kid. He is still in my opinion a superb shooter. Of course, people in his community should be proud of him whether others are is up to them, no doubt it is an accomplishment to play a sport they love after their HS days are over. It is my observation and opinion he must continue to improve as a player for mid major D1 ball.

bocephus
Riding the Bench

Post by bocephus »

Give the boy a chance before you decide he can't play at this level. Obviously someone saw something in him that says he can play DI . I promise you that playing time at this level is earned. There are alot of talented high school players in all sports in Southern Ohio. But playing a college sport (at any level) requires a commitment and passion most don't have, which is perfectly fine. But don't bash the ones that go on to play but rather be proud of there accomplishments. They have earned at least that much respect.

Ushoot2Ishoot3
Riding the Bench

Post by Ushoot2Ishoot3 »

Bocephus and Main Man need to calm down. Justice is a good kid and once again no bashing intended. But a few points I need to resolve. Continued playing at a college level is not due to commitment, usually its due to luck of genetics and some training thrown in( usually at college). No one in the draft top 60 was under 6ft4in and a majority was over 6'6" you cant teach tall. Same is noted with football. There are players that are 6'11" that suck but still get a scholarship. its not commitment. If it's education ,like mentioned, your delusional. Anyone else think he is there for just a free education? Education is not free. A four year scholarship has to be renewed each year. Perform or you may be gone.

bocephus
Riding the Bench

Post by bocephus »

Time will tell !!! At least his lack of commitment & passion has him ready to begin his collegiate career. An btw that lack of education will have him walking away from Akron with probably a masters degree. But that stuff isn't important, anybody can do that. Time will tell.

Return to “Boys Basketball”