Kretzer and Justice Akron

theuglytruth
Varsity

Re: Kretzer and Justice Akron

Post by theuglytruth »

Wow! some people in here are defensive. I dont think anyone is arguing that Justice isnt a phenomenal player and that he has done great things! It is obvious he has a great work ethic! Its a great things that he is receiving a free education. So no matter what playing time looks like he will win in that aspect. That being said anyone who has any type of basketball mind has questioned Justice's athleticism and quickness heading to the d-1 level and that he would most likely need some time to grow as a player before he could be a real contributor. Hence the red shirt, ankle injury or not it was a great move on Coach Dambrot to give Justice time to learn the system, grow mentally and physcially, because those are all areas he will need to be on point in if he is going to be a division 1 contributor. Is it possible he ends up being a big contributor by the time he is an upperclassmen?.....Absolutely......Is it a given?............Absolutely not. Looks at the redford kid from Xavier? like bocephus said, Time will tell. but either way Mr. Justice already has accomplished more than 80% of High school kids do and he and his family have a lot to be proud of. Best of Luck to Mr. Justice this season and on his journey through college, as for any kid im sure there will be ups and downs...

...............................and that my friends, is the UGLY TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ushoot2Ishoot3
Riding the Bench

Post by Ushoot2Ishoot3 »

The ugly truth has said it very well. I agree completely

bocephus
Riding the Bench

Post by bocephus »

Well I guess we weren't so far apart after all. I agree completely also. Great post.

bluedude62
Varsity

Post by bluedude62 »

Akron beat Malone today 106-67. Blake justice played 15 min. and scored 15 pts. while Jake Kretzer played 19 min. and scored 15 pts. Most of the starters sat out and let the new guys play. Good to see both of our local kids got in the scoring column.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

akron box score against coastal carolina no justice, kretzer 40+mins. is justice injured?

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Jake lead the team in minutes played with 42. He went 5-11 from the field with 4 three pointers. Jake also lead the team in steals and assist.

Here's the box.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... akron-zips

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Great debut for Jake against a good opponent on the road. Coastal is a tough place to play, intimate gym with a hostile crowd. Nice small college venue. Seems like it was a great game.

Hopefully Justice can break into the rotation soon as well.

Ushoot2Ishoot3
Riding the Bench

Post by Ushoot2Ishoot3 »

Did Kretzer grow anymore during the offseason? He was looking good.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Akron will be on ESPN November 15 at 10:30a.m. when they take on Oklahoma State in Puerto Rico. They also play in Puerto Rico on the 16th and 18th.

ushoot2Ishoot3, not sure if Jake grew any in height but he put on muscle and is stronger.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

justice logged 11 min. against d3 john carroll. hopefully down the road he will continue to get more minutes. i am probably in the minority here but i would rather go to a smaller division school and play a lot of minutes all four years than play d1 and maybe not ever get meaningful minutes. i know it is a great luxury to be part of a d1 team with all of the perks, flying, staying in nice hotels, great facilities, better opportunities after graduating,etc. but to me nothing beats playing time. i would rather ride a bus 4 hrs and play 30+ minutes than fly anywhere and sit and watch.
with that being said, i am pulling for justice as it would be great to have a shl kid succeed at the d1 level. that leads to my next topic. shl players who have played d1 basketball?

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

I watched some of Akron vs OSU game. It was pretty cool that Kretzer started and played a lot of minutes. I always like seeing a SEO player do well at the next level.

Return to “Boys Basketball”