waverly basketball 12-13

B-dawg79
Freshman Team

waverly basketball 12-13

Post by B-dawg79 »

whats everyones thoughts on the coming up season it will be a little rough losing kretzer dont think anyone could replace him but i still believe they can compete

Lightle04
SE

Re: waverly basketball 12-13

Post by Lightle04 »

There ability to deffend will keep them in alot of games.

WHSbasketballfan21
Waterboy

Post by WHSbasketballfan21 »

I think the boys have all matured and have moved on from the one man team kretzer, and are ready to be a 5 man team and take the school to the state tournament. They have a deep bench with new and returning talent. A
state title
is in this teams future with Coach Robertson.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Da Tigers should be pretty good. They're not going to replace a Jake Kretzer but seeing how he is the all time leading scorer in Waverly basketball history and broke many records it's safe to safe Waverly has only had a couple like him. Waverly returns two starters in Jean Paul White and Philip Hart. Looking to step up to starting positions are Aaron Heibel & Eric Rinehart. Frank Sylvester (move in from Buffalo) will be a great addition to the Tigers and will more than likely start in the post. Trevon Bolin-Hitchens (whom I heard had a good summer) brings more size to the team. Hopefully guys like Amin Gilbert, Adam Pearl, Atila Castro (exchange student) step up to add depth. I'm sure I forgot someone and there are others who will step up.

WHSbasketballfan21
Waterboy

I heard great things are coming up this year for the team and I believe they are going to the states.

WHSbasketballfan21
Waterboy

i believe the tiger will be greater than the team last year and will make it to states. Even though they lost the one man team jake kretzer they now have a full team and these players have grown great chemistry as i see them hanging out around town a lot. jean paul, Phil Hart, aaron heibel, atilla castro,Trevon bolin, adam pearl and eric reinhart all great players! But last but not least Frank Sylvester the new kid from buffalo. Ive seen him at football games and heard great things about him and his atheletic abilities. this season will be one nobody in waverly will ever forget.

waverlyfan2012
Riding the Bench

Post by waverlyfan2012 »

i think soc champs this year.

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

Somebody has high expectations...

duck butter
Freshman Team

Post by duck butter »

i agree run-n-gun have of those kids dont even have varsity experience they wont even make it out of sectionals

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

9 HOME GAMES / 13 AWAY GAMES

November 30 (Friday) Washington Court House - away
December 4 (Tuesday Vinton County - away
December 7 (Friday) Wheelersburg - HOME
December 11 (Tuesday) Ironton - away
December 14 (Friday) Minford - HOME
December 18 (Tuesday) West - away
December 28 (Friday) Holiday Classic vs Eastern
December 29 (Saturday) Holiday Classic
January 4 (Friday) Oak Hill - HOME
January 5 (Saturday) North Adams - away
January 8 (Tuesday) South Webster - HOME
January 11 (Friday) Northwest - away
January 12 (Saturday) at Chesapeake Beast of the Southeast
January 15 (Tuesday) Valley - HOME
January 18 (Friday) Wheelersburg - away
January 22 (Tuesday) Minford - away
January 25 (Friday) West - HOME
January 29 (Tuesday) Oak Hill - away
February 1 (Friday) South Webster - away
February 8 (Friday) Northwest - HOME
February 9 (Saturday) Greenup, KY - away
February 15 (Friday) Valley - away

B-dawg79
Freshman Team

Post by B-dawg79 »

This schedule should have them ready to go come tourny timr

B-dawg79
Freshman Team

Post by B-dawg79 »

Think with bolin-hitchens playing they will have a little more balance to the team but the leaders will be hart and jp white really excited to see what sylvester can do

B-dawg79
Freshman Team

Post by B-dawg79 »

Anyone know what team frank sylvester played for in ny

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Is it November 30 yet?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The Foundation games will be November 10 with all 4 Pike County teams playing. Proceeds will go to the Szoke family. Glad to see Eastern, Piketon, & Western cancel scrimmages to take part in this.

Bandwagoner
Freshman Team

Post by Bandwagoner »

word on the street is sylvester never even played for his high school in NY, and from the looks of things the tigers need more than he can offer. they looked bad at the preview, although it is early.

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Post by G&B from huddle »

Waverly can't get anybody to come down here and play the Tigers on their home floor, unless you count the classic.
WHSbasketballfan21,
Were you actually at any games last year? Kretzer was a great talent, probably among the best Waverly has seen, but he wasn't a one man team. We had a crew of seniors last year that as a group won a district crown. Was Kretzer out star? Yes. Was he out go to guy when we needed a bucket? Yes. But that constitute a one man team.
This team should be interesting. Lost a lot on the court but have ample ability coming back. Lost a lot out of that locker room too. If they replace that leadership and swagger this team could make things happen again. The Waverly community could definitely use something to cheer about.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Watched the Tigers play a Western team that starts 5 sophmores. They had a ton of turnovers I mean a ton . If the guards can cut turnovers down Wvaerly has the size and athletic ability to play with anyone but man they turn it over a lot.

WHSbasketballfan21
Waterboy

Just give them time, The players look at this page. Try giving them support?? You are all from the area and Frank did not play for his high school team in New York do to issues he faced. He played AAU basketball and team was 14th in the nation. He is very open about everything and a great kid, ask him any questions. He is a great basketball player, i believe this team will come together shortly hopefully by friday and be a great team.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I hope your right . They do have boat loads of athelets on this team if they get the bugs worked out then look out.

Return to “Boys Basketball”