Hocking league

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: Hocking league

Post by Dundas »

It should be about a week or two earlier this year with most of the teams starting in late November with the expanded schedule.

n4sir
Freshman Team

Post by n4sir »

Trimble should rebound and have a better record this year compared to last year. But let's face it looking at last years record the could only improve. Last years season was one of the worst win/loss records in years.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

belpre,fedhock,southern, in that order

Steegal
Freshman Team

Post by Steegal »

It will not be long till Howie has the Lancers at the top of the Hocking. Mark that down. :12224

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

Having watched both Waterford and Miller play my sons team in a shoot out and at a summer league I can tell you that while both are going to be pretty bad, Miller was far worse than Waterford. I assumed that they had to be missing someone when we played them, one of their parents said that it was their varsity team minus a kid named Trent. I hope that kid is really good because they got beat by 60 in a running clock game. Waterford on the other hand was scrappy and had some decent athletes, just not a lot of skilled players. They were still much better than Miller though.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Trent Abram does make MIller a much better and different team when he is on the floor ... but he's battled knee injuries the last could of years - he needs to stay healthy in order for the Falcons to contend.

n4sir
Freshman Team

Post by n4sir »

N4sir wrote:Trimble should rebound and have a better record this year compared to last year. But let's face it looking at last years record the could only improve. Last years season was one of the worst win/loss records in years.
Trimble has hired Curt Moore again this year for the varsity boys, and Dave Richards for the varsity girls. Can not believe they decided to bring them back. One could argue that the talent level might be down. But one fact for certain at least for the varsity boys is that moral is way down, respect,faith and trust in the coach is pretty much non existent according to current and former players. Both programs will suffer through another brutal season. Changes need to be made at the top to get the ship on track if not....I see another ship wreck.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Eastern has Carnahan, Pullins, Cook back

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Post by ReedsvilleEaglesFan »

Is Koons back coaching at Trimble this year? I saw last year that he coached at the lower level, but I read on here that he was going to Nelsonville. He will be a good pickup wherever he goes. Always liked his antics with the refs, and he was a good coach. He will help if he is coaching.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

Anything can happen in the league this season. Only thing that KILLS Southern is playing on the road in the TVC Hocking, @ Eastern, @Wahama, and letting Belpre beat them last year on Home Court due to missed free throws and costly turnovers. Yes, Southern will have height, and i believe Tristen Wolfe can be a well rounded point guard if he can take care of the basketball, just need that one guy to step up big this year, be a leader and keep everyone in line, and the bigs have got to stay out of foul trouble. Look for a lot of teams to zone up on D against southern, could leave the opportunity for some points around the parimeter. As the old saying goes, Hard work beats talent when talent refuses to do hard work. The time is now, gotta get it started.

The league will come down to Fed Hock (Coach Caldwell always knows how to get the best out of his Athletes so hes always considered a contender, no matter the talent level), Southern, and Belpre. In my opinion, those are my top 3 favorites, but pre season picks mean nothing if you cant take care of business on the court and focus on the task at hand. Best of luck to my boys from Southern.

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

Remember_The_Name wrote:Anything can happen in the league this season. Only thing that KILLS Southern is playing on the road in the TVC Hocking, @ Eastern, @Wahama, and letting Belpre beat them last year on Home Court due to missed free throws and costly turnovers. Yes, Southern will have height, and i believe Tristen Wolfe can be a well rounded point guard if he can take care of the basketball, just need that one guy to step up big this year, be a leader and keep everyone in line, and the bigs have got to stay out of foul trouble. Look for a lot of teams to zone up on D against southern, could leave the opportunity for some points around the parimeter. As the old saying goes, Hard work beats talent when talent refuses to do hard work. The time is now, gotta get it started.

The league will come down to Fed Hock (Coach Caldwell always knows how to get the best out of his Athletes so hes always considered a contender, no matter the talent level), Southern, and Belpre. In my opinion, those are my top 3 favorites, but pre season picks mean nothing if you cant take care of business on the court and focus on the task at hand. Best of luck to my boys from Southern.
Yea and every team in the Hocking gets cheated out of the gym at Southern. That is funny that a Southern person complains about playing other places. Coach Britton gets the best out of his players too. Eastern will be in the mix.

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

Does eastern still have that coach from Britain? I bet the players are finally settling into the european style of play nicely now. Does the coach give them tea and strumpets during timeouts?

I, for one, am glad to hear that Pammy finally got rid of them dang white falcons. Now we can get back to eastern dominance in the hocking.

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

I agree with you that Eastern has the potential to be in t he mix this year. Went to some of their games last year and they played well for about 3 1/2 quarters just never could close it out. Had too much inexperience, but I was impressed with Coach Britton last year he did what he had to do to give his kids a chance. They beat Southern, had belpre on the ropes twice, shoulda woulda coulda beat fed hock on the road, same with south gallia. They also had Eastern Pike on the ropes for a while in the sectional game before they ran out of gas. If Eastern can get some consitent scoring and consitent guard play they could really have a big year.

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

Eastern should for sure be in the mix of things this year. I see Southern and SG being a little down this year. Watch for Waterford.

My pick-Belpre
Sleeper-Waterford
Surprise team-Trimble

motox21
Waterboy

Post by motox21 »

Waterford had some people missing this summer too. Plus there were a lot of under-classmen playing that shouldn't have been. Once practice starts and Simms sees what he has to work with they will be good. You can never count out Shriver either. He makes things happen when he has to.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Steegal wrote:It will not be long till Howie has the Lancers at the top of the Hocking. Mark that down. :12224
It all depends on the transfers he can get thats the only reason he was so successful at eastern

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Isnt that the reason most teams are successful

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Super Trooper wrote:Isnt that the reason most teams are successful
Yep, nowadays that is the sad truth

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Should be a 3 team race between Belpre, FH and Southern.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

I dont really think Southern is going to be all that good

Return to “Boys Basketball”