Waverly Holliday Classic Predictions or Picks

Lightle04
SE

Waverly Holliday Classic Predictions or Picks

Post by Lightle04 »

Who you got ?

Piketon-returns the whole team pretty much.

Waverly- lost maybe the best player in school history but return some proven talent in Hart and White.

Eastern - returns Lands,Pickett , and Thacker from and elite 8 run last year.

Western- returns a couple young starters from last year and play a very talented sophmore class with Shanks and Brewster anchoring the young team.

B-dawg79
Freshman Team

Re: Waverly Holliday Classic Predictions or Picks

Post by B-dawg79 »

the waverly vs eastern game will be fun to watch looking forward to it

Bandwagoner
Freshman Team

Post by Bandwagoner »

I think that the Eastern and Waverly really comes down to if Waverly can find a big man, and a supporting cast for White.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

The Hart kid is a real nice player as well. And with his length it's hard to contest his jumper.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

So im assuming it is Waverly/Eastern and Piketon/Western in the semifinal correct? If this is the case im gonna say Piketon beats Waverly in the final. It is kind of a tough pick between Waverly and Eastern in the first round but I was surprised with Waverly's toughness over the summer when I watched them so I am going with my gut and picking the Tigers. I think this is really the only toss up game of the Holiday tourny. I will take Eastern over Western in a consolation game.

duck butter
Freshman Team

Post by duck butter »

i think the eagles take the tigers to the shed and lose to piketon in the championship

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Heading into the classic Waverly will have played Washington Court House (away), Vinton Co. (away), Wheelersburg (home), Ironton (away), Minford (home) & West (Away). Don't know much about WCH and VC this year but Burg and Ironton will be loaded, Minford will be pretty tough and West will be a lot better than last year. Looks likes a pretty tough schedule to prepare da Tigers for the 2012 Holiday Classic. Hart, White, Heibel, Rinehart, Sylvester, Bolin-Hitchens, Atila, Pearl, Gilbert and Co. will be ready. Will be a very exciting Classic as Piketon is loaded, Eastern will be very good and Western should be much improved. Hopefully Hawhee's Palace is packed to the rafters as Pike County basketball gets it on!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Friday, December 28
6:00p.m. Piketon vs Western
7:30p.m. Eastern vs Waverly

Saturday, December 29
6:00p.m. Consolation Game
7:30p.m. Championship Game

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Of the teams you just listed Murry Vinton County is the best one saw them this summer at Jackson they filled in for a team and they are nasty. Very fast and physical. The tigers have a tuff road early on that's for sure.

kram
Varsity

Post by kram »

lightle04 wrote:Of the teams you just listed Murry Vinton County is the best one saw them this summer at Jackson they filled in for a team and they are nasty. Very fast and physical. The tigers have a tuff road early on that's for sure.
You're saying that Vinton County is better than 'Burg, Minford & Ironton?!?!?! You've gotta be kidding me...

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I'm telling you they are every bit as good as any of those three . Don't get it confused Vintons football team might struggle but there basketball team over the past 8-10 years has been very,very good . And this year will be the same as in the past. Nasty ! Fast and physical.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Piketon has played Vinton at OUC the last 4 years, splitting with them. Piketon won the first matchup big, lost 2 years on two close games, then won last year by rigth at 20 some, so I think Piketon knows about Vinton basketball! lol

kram
Varsity

Post by kram »

lightle04 wrote:I'm telling you they are every bit as good as any of those three . Don't get it confused Vintons football team might struggle but there basketball team over the past 8-10 years has been very,very good . And this year will be the same as in the past. Nasty ! Fast and physical.
There's no way that they are better than those 3 teams.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I saw Minford and Oak hill play 10 to 12 times each this summer. Now I did only see Vinton play 3 games. But from what I saw Vinton is as good or better than either of those 2 teams. All I am saying is Waverly has a very tuff road to start the season with.

B-dawg79
Freshman Team

Post by B-dawg79 »

Yes they have a tough schedule and vinton county is tough but ironton will be there toughest game

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

How on earth can anyone say this team is better than that team based off of summer games? VC will be better than last year imo but I can't say that they'll beat this team or that team until they hit the hardwood in games that actually matter. Personally I'm glad to see VC and Waverly playing again. There have been some pretty exciting games between those two schools over the years.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Piketon beat them by 13 last year. I have know dog in this fight as far as pulling for any team to beat anouther I just was saying Waverly has a tuff schedual to start no cupcakes. Old boy got offended . Just my opinion doesn't make it true.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

If Lighlte says it just believe the opposite. It is just his opinion which is almost always wrong. He is a Lakers fan after all.
Last edited by Ukfanatic on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Very, very true Tim but the Lakers payroll is going up this year now they can pay there players half as much as Kentucky pays there's !! Lol !!

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

The rumor is that the harrison twins were half a million each. That makes the 200,000 we gave anthony davis seam like a kmart blue light special. But at least we have good chemistry. Is there anyone in the world who thinks teaming ultra competitve Kobe with could care less Dwight a good idea. Only idealistic Laker fans believe that can work. By the way did Brandi mention to you about playing in Claytors fantasy basketball league. I do agree that Waverly's early schedule is brutal. Vinton County could very well end up being one of the best teams in the area. Talk at you later.
Last edited by Ukfanatic on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Boys Basketball”