SOC II - Preseason

juanmorales
JV Team

Re: SOC II - Preseason

Post by juanmorales »

Obv there's a way they could finish 6th. You just said it yourself!!!

D4hero
Freshman Team

Post by D4hero »

if northwest continues to improve and with the great scarberry at the helms I could very well see Northwest jumping some teams and valley be the worst team in the SOC

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

D4hero wrote:if northwest continues to improve and with the great scarberry at the helms I could very well see Northwest jumping some teams and valley be the worst team in the SOC
Post of the year!

If Valley finishes last in the league, I will never post here again.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

We will hold you to your word Crabs.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:We will hold you to your word Crabs.
You do that doughnut man.

I have been on this site for a long time, and I have never been one to make big predictions and whatnot. But when someone makes a statement about Valley like that, I feel confident in what I wrote.

The Indians return 2 of the top 5-7 players in the league, an 18-1 JV team, and add in the best freshman in the SOC. They will not finish last.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Crab's brother wrote:

I have been on this site for a long time, and I have never been one to make big predictions and whatnot. But when someone makes a statement about Valley like that, I feel confident in what I wrote.

The Indians return 2 of the top 5-7 players in the league, an 18-1 JV team, and add in the best freshman in the SOC. They will not finish last.
I think Brandon Rowe can make a claim on the best freshman in the SOC. Roffe and Rowe are both great players.

valley23
Waterboy

Post by valley23 »

At the end of the year, I hope we can bump this thread to the top just like we did in football when everyone doubted us. I think the front runner this year is Minford. Got some good ones coming back. But don't count out the Indians. I hope Coach Rolfe understands that Indian fans know Bryan is definately good enough to start varsity. I'll go ahead and predict that if Coach plays him like he should this year, he will break Blake Yates' scoring record his senior year. Also think that Dunn will have a big year this year. Might be in the running for SOC player of the year.

If we can split games with Minford, I think we have a great shot at SOC. Watch out for them Pirates too. Hopefully Barrick let's them run. Personally, I can't stand his style of coaching. I think they have the athletes to get up and down the floor this year.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Crab's brother wrote:

You do have the best freshman in the SOC, that is true. But 2 players in the top 5 of the league? You're wrong there. Which two are you even talking about? Dunn and West?

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

bbjunky81 wrote:
Crab's brother wrote:

You do have the best freshman in the SOC, that is true. But 2 players in the top 5 of the league? You're wrong there. Which two are you even talking about? Dunn and West?

I said top 5-7 in the league and yes that is who I am talking about. Hayden will be right there we McBee for Player of the Year and West is a 6'5" swingman with over 40 career starts. Both had very good summers on the AAU circuit and they will be two of the best players in the league.

If they are not in the top 5-7, then by all means tell me who is.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Top 5-7 in the league isn't out of the question bc honestly the talent pool in the SOC is VERY weak compared to years past. Average players at best, but in the future Valley does have some young guns that could potentially be really good

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

D4hero wrote:if northwest continues to improve and with the great scarberry at the helms I could very well see Northwest jumping some teams and valley be the worst team in the SOC
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tigerSTRIPEZzz
Riding the Bench

Post by tigerSTRIPEZzz »

I agree with Crabs and V23, Valley is down this year and will most likely finish at the bottom of the barrel. But they're young and will be nasty in a couple years.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

tigerSTRIPEZzz wrote:I agree with Crabs and V23, Valley is down this year and will most likely finish at the bottom of the barrel. But they're young and will be nasty in a couple years.
Valley is nowhere close to being down this year. They're the exact opposite of down. They will finish in the top half of the league. I agree with those who have said Minford is the Pre-season favorite, but the Indians will be in the mix of the top half of the league when all is said and done.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Hey dancingoutlaw and Jazzyduck....behave please

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Minford and Burg will be contenders for the title this year

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

I agree with most of what has been said on here, I do think that Portsmouth West is a sleeper team as well.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Minford should win it. Most talent back to go with a good coach. I like Burg and Valley to fill out the top 3.

There is a lot of good coaching in this league!

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

knowledge wrote:I agree with most of what has been said on here, I do think that Portsmouth West is a sleeper team as well.

how ?? i sure didnt see much last yr that makes me think that about a them being a sleeper ...i dont know the players at all and no dog in the varsity fight ...but i saw foul prone bad defense and not really good shooting ...but on any given night the blind squirrel might find a nut ....but ive seen the incoming freshmen several times and they need help....varsity had a big boy that could jump out the gym ...if his shooting and D are better they might win a few but middle to bottom half of SOC II this yr.....and on a shoooting note who will be THE shooters besides McBee ....im just not that familiar with this yrs players Juniors and Seniors

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

What's up with the posts being changed? This becomes harder to read by the day!

valley23
Waterboy

Post by valley23 »

tigerSTRIPEZzz wrote:I agree with Crabs and V23, Valley is down this year and will most likely finish at the bottom of the barrel. But they're young and will be nasty in a couple years.
No where in my post did I say we will finish at the bottom. Actually said that if we split with Minford, we have a great shot at SOC. People like you need to get off this site. Just want to cause problems.

Return to “Boys Basketball”