Belpre @ Fort Frye Nov 30th Opener

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Belpre @ Fort Frye Nov 30th Opener

Post by EasternDspy »

I probably missspoke French is right there maybe a little better.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

EasternDspy wrote:I probably missspoke French is right there maybe a little better.
Now that I can agree with lol. I think Washington County plays some pretty good basketball and I'm certin that when ANY of the Washington County teams play each other it's pretty special. I'm sure the Belpre kids will play hard and represent Belpre HS well. The Belpre Bigs (Leasure & Pittenger) can put the ball on the floor and Leasure can hit the 3 ball (he hit the game winner vs Eastern to clinch TVC crown) so I believe as long as Belpre stays out of foul trouble and can keep the score in the 40's they can pull the upset!!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Eastern is terrible.Therilaut is Belpres best player.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

The game won't be in the 40s in Beverly.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

EasternDspy wrote:Eastern is terrible.Therilaut is Belpres best player.
I was referring to last season. Point was not that Eastern was good but that Belpre's bigs will step outside and hit the 3 ball. Sometimes that can create problems. When Grant Thieman played at the Fort he created matchup nightmares for teams. Not saying Leasure is a Thieman but similar in style of play.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye big Seth Legrean is able to play off wing and make outside shots.He also creates mismatches with his speed off the dribble.He needs to improve his free throws.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Easrern won 5 games last season.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Saw Belpre vs NY..Hoffman looked really improved even adding an outside shot.This will be a good game.

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

If Belpre stays out of foul trouble I think Belpre will win this game. Hoffman looked good in the preview along with Therilaut, Leasure and Pittenger.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

EasternDspy wrote:Saw Belpre vs NY..Hoffman looked really improved even adding an outside shot.This will be a good game.
Belpre shared the basketball much better than they did last year although just as I thought debth with be a HUGE factor for this team all year long. Forshey will help but scoring off the bench will be hard to come by.
I thought they looked impressive and the coaching staff has done a good job adjusting to losing Ullman.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Let's be honest tho NY is not elite and at times the defense was shaky.

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

Post by Tim Hardaway Jr. »

Charlie will FF ever be below the best team in seo in your opinion? I mean darn dude, I've seen some bad homers but you are the worst. Fort Frye is nothing special.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Ok man...Thanks for the insight you added a ton to the topic.

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

WarriorBlue wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:Saw Belpre vs NY..Hoffman looked really improved even adding an outside shot.This will be a good game.
Belpre shared the basketball much better than they did last year although just as I thought debth with be a HUGE factor for this team all year long. Forshey will help but scoring off the bench will be hard to come by.
I thought they looked impressive and the coaching staff has done a good job adjusting to losing Ullman.

Ullman left time to move on. This basketball team has plenty of good players besides him. Time to focus on the players that are playing.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Bdelpre is big and strong and quick.Fort Frye is guard oriented and lead by Shon Smith.This will be a big game of contrasting styles. Therielut will probably be guarded by Lang.Legrean will guard Leasure.I think Hoffman could give Smith fits.He seems taller.I think Cadets win by about 10.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Eagles contain Smith and come out of Beverly with a close 4 point victory,Lets Go Eagles.

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Post by Jakefromstatefarm »

Fort Frye always shoots well at home. Cadets by 10.

J8fusl
Freshman Team

Post by J8fusl »

I will pick FF in this one. I just feel FF creates more mis matches on O than Belpre. Even if you throw your best athlete at Smith and can shut him down there is still Legrean who will potentially pull bigs from the basket. That will leave alot of room for Lang, who in all honesty is probably the quickest player on the court. If he decides to play Offense, IMO too passive on that side of the ball. But no matter how this game goes he needs to become a 12 to 15 ppg scorer for this team to make a tourny run. Good Luck to Belpre. If the game gets physical I think you have a legit chance to win.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I was telling Chandlers brother Spencer the exact same thing yesturday.Chandler needs to step up and be the beast he has shown in certain games over his career.Still he is the best defender in PVC.

eagle7
Riding the Bench

Post by eagle7 »

WarriorBlue wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:I probably missspoke French is right there maybe a little better.
Now that I can agree with lol. I think Washington County plays some pretty good basketball and I'm certin that when ANY of the Washington County teams play each other it's pretty special. I'm sure the Belpre kids will play hard and represent Belpre HS well. The Belpre Bigs (Leasure & Pittenger) can put the ball on the floor and Leasure can hit the 3 ball (he hit the game winner vs Eastern to clinch TVC crown) so I believe as long as Belpre stays out of foul trouble and can keep the score in the 40's they can pull the upset!!
That was Waterford Leasure hit the game winner against last year to clinch the TVC. Didn't Waterford beat FF last year :122249

Return to “Boys Basketball”