Logan...........4.....4..........5.....11
Gallipolis.......3.....5..........7.....12
Jackson.........0.....8..........1.....17

02/05/13

Been B&B
Riding the Bench

Re: Chillicothe Cavaliers

Post by Been B&B »

Congrats to Warren... even though the league is down this year it does not diminish that Warren has a great program and staff there. They are very deserving of a championship.
There fans are very loyal too!!

ztpioneers1
Riding the Bench

Post by ztpioneers1 »

How far have my Cavs fallen? I get on southeast Ohio preps and have to go to the 2nd page to find information about my team!! It used to be quite a buzz in town with our Cavs but now it seems as if no one cares.. I just noticed on STO Sports time Ohio that they are going to replay the Chillicothe vs Toledo libbey state championship game tonight @ 8pm.. Can we go back to that type of bball please???? Go Cavs!

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Sure, if you bring those players back. That was an incredible team.

Chillicothe is on a nice run now and will probably be going to the Convo.

Schoolboy
Riding the Bench

Post by Schoolboy »

Been B&B wrote:Cavs really handed it to WCH. Beating them by twenty.. WOW. If there is a better player in the southeatern district than Zach Johnson I want to see him. Carter?, Fletcher, French? Zach can play a one or a four. He breaks the press and then goes inside. Great game by the Cavs. I was wondering (are the Cavs that good or is WCH that bad). I think the true answer is somewhere in the middle.

You will get to see the 2 best players in southeastern Ohio tonight. Carter and Fletcher.

miggyt
Freshman Team

Post by miggyt »

It's not a stretch to say the Cavs will make it to the Convo this year. If they beat WCH, they get to the Convo. That said, the way they are playing now, coupled with a decent draw, means they can get deep, but only if the young players significantly step up in the tourney.

And, as far as Coach Meister goes, does everyone believe Coach K won a state title in his first season? He didn't. Coach K had to build his system -- and get the players to buy in -- and Coach Meister deserves the same consideration.

AdamSchefter
Waterboy

Post by AdamSchefter »

Ok lets get off this Coach K comparison, they started in the OCC and thats when Chillicothe was not known for basketball. Coach K left this program in good shape do you really believe that if Coach K was here the record would be anywhere near this no? They are in a terrible league this year outside of Warren.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

The league is down, but this is no where near the type of team Coach Kellough had. I'm sure the kids are giving it their all and have the potential to make a tourney run in my view, but talent varies from year to year.

ztpioneers1
Riding the Bench

Post by ztpioneers1 »

Adam, you are right on my friend! This team would have competed this year game after game, because of one reason! Defense! Coach k brought a man to man style defense that could play with anyone. I didn't know much about the man, but I remember in that first year Coach k played an undefeated Grove City team man to man. It was chillicothe's freshmen & sophs versus all senior, much bigger GC team. I think you know who won the game, Chillicothe. That's not counting Beating Dublin Scioto twice, Westerville and some other d1 teams. Let's see if the Cavs can pull off an upset vs Ironton D3 school. Does anyone have that schedule the first year coach k was here? I would like to compare it since so many like to compare. Bman, thanks for your posts but you may probably know more about your Logan elm team like we know our Cavs!

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

There is absolutely no comparison at all!!! First of all Coach K wouldn't have lost games to Amanda Clearcreek,Fairfield Union,Logan twice,would've finished a good Logan Elm team...their record would not be 7-18 either! Pierce Knisley actually quit the other day,I guess sick of all the BS going on with this team! Take last night for example Zach Johnson didn't start the game or the second half,and I doubt it was because he got in any trouble,just the fact that Coach Meisters substitution pattern is lame at best...I'll say it once and ill say it again....there is a reason why Canton South was terrible last year to only be ranked #5 in DII this year...with Chillicothe eliminating frosh sports,whether it be any sport,look for a lot of transfers IMO..I love my Cavs and will ride or die with these kids,but I'm still stumped about this hire!

Myra Fleener
Riding the Bench

Post by Myra Fleener »

When you have players like Chambers, Raglan, and London erasing shots, it's pretty logical to play pressure man to man defense. Those guys make up for a lot of mistakes. There isn't ANYBODY capable of doing that with this group. I've seen this Chillicothe team play twice as a neutral observer and they aren't loaded with talent. They do have some good, young players that will be VERY GOOD in the next few years.

Ushoot2Ishoot3
Riding the Bench

Post by Ushoot2Ishoot3 »

U Cavs fans are hilarious, do you really feel your coach is substituting to lose? I'm serious. Havent seen as many games this year compared to the past 5 or six years but is it that bad? No coach would sit their top players unless it was for a reason, too big a risk to lose.

AdamSchefter
Waterboy

Post by AdamSchefter »

Zach Johnson is one of the best if not the best players in SE ohio so they should not be losing like this, and also have you seen a game? He is playing freshman that would have a hard time starting on the JV level over upper classman who have been there and are ready to play, he cut what would have been his 2nd best player for no reason and yes from what I have heard from multiple sources it was for no reason at all. This coach needs to go or change his ways. This is not Chillicothe basketball and we dont accept losing to teams we should be beating by double digits.

wrestlefan1
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan1 »

Last edited by wrestlefan1 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Talent is an issue right now...but we have enough to be successful. The game plans, adjustments, subs, and the grand scheme of it all really doesnt make sense. I want to give him the benefit of a doubt, but when you've been around this program for 30 years, you become a critic and skeptic. Every coach is second guessed at some point in their careers..... Coach K got some of this as well as Hobbs, Bates, Stewart, Cross, Cuppett and so on.

Ushoot2Ishoot3
Riding the Bench

Post by Ushoot2Ishoot3 »

wow I hope you all have better days ahead of you hate to see the turmoil. What happened to the 2nd best player?

Eagle82
All Conference

Post by Eagle82 »

Watched your team win it all the other nite on STO replay, that was one heck of a game.

Been B&B
Riding the Bench

Post by Been B&B »

Chilli Blue... I agree there is not the talent level as in the past BUT losing to Logan (twice), Gallia, Amanda Clearcreek, and Fairfield Union. Check out their overall records. Chilli has imo more talent than any of those teams. Just not getting it done. Welcome to mediocrity. I hate that!!

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Been B&B wrote:Chilli Blue... I agree there is not the talent level as in the past BUT losing to Logan (twice), Gallia, Amanda Clearcreek, and Fairfield Union. Check out their overall records. Chilli has imo more talent than any of those teams. Just not getting it done. Welcome to mediocrity. I hate that!!
I agree...talent is an issue...but yes...we have enough to win. With school levy being an issue with budget cuts, I wonder if this is a one and done situation. If so, I think we have a good chance in getting a quality coach immediately. If it doesn't happen, I have to be positive for the kids and support the current coach.

Return to “Boys Basketball”