Chillicothe Cavaliers

Been B&B
Riding the Bench

Re: Chillicothe Cavaliers

Post by Been B&B »

Chilli Blue... I agree but I hate excuses, they are like armpits,everyone has a couple and they are usually a little smelly. "Let's let them get used to the new system." 21 games is more than enough to get used to a system and the Cavs just lost to Gallia for the first time in 85 years!! I hope Meister can get in turned around but I don't know! The kids have to believe in the coach and I am not sure that is happenning.

AdamSchefter
Waterboy

Post by AdamSchefter »

If what I am hearing about tonights game is true, Zach Johnson was not in the final minute or so? Is the coach a joke or what I mean he is one of, if not the best players in SEO let alone your team. This guy needs fired I am sorry but I can not sit around and watch him drive Chillicothe basketball into the ground after it was one of the best programs in all of Ohio. Its a shame what a terrible coach can do to a program.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

What was the final score of tonight's game? Thanks.

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

58-53. Cavs lose AGAIN. Bye bye meister

ztpioneers1
Riding the Bench

Post by ztpioneers1 »

Cavs lose again 58-53 to Canal... The coaching at Chillicothe is terrible!! I feel sorry for the seniors on this club that's had so much success in the past to be a part of this! We were so blessed to have such great players and coaches in the past that I am sick this is happening. Being a great interviewer doesn't make you a great coach and that's how he got this job! Who selected this coach? Was it a committee, board of education, or superintendent? I hope the Cavs don't go back to the laughing stock of Ross county like it used to be!!

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

I'm told Lisath was the leading candidate going into the final interview. His job in Dayton was a concern; but Lisath told them he would remain a Chillicothe resident and could still do the job. In the end the second committee was sold on Meister.

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Well what kind of excuse we going to make for Coach Meister this time? I understand Friday he didn't have the services of Zach Johnson in Gallia but last night on SENIOR NIGHT he had Zach and left him on the bench the majority of the second half..losing by five to a team that he could've won against...If anyone could see the facial expression on Zach would know how frustrated the kid was not being able to help his team out...I've been around this program for years during the ups and downs and this year has to equal or be worse when Hobbs was the Coach...Zach Johnson,the player that he is should have to be dragged off the court...certain things have happened all season long that makes you wonder how in the world did he get the job? Last night was the last straw if you ask me!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

bvmv4life wrote:Well what kind of excuse we going to make for Coach Meister this time? I understand Friday he didn't have the services of Zach Johnson in Gallia but last night on SENIOR NIGHT he had Zach and left him on the bench the majority of the second half..losing by five to a team that he could've won against...If anyone could see the facial expression on Zach would know how frustrated the kid was not being able to help his team out...I've been around this program for years during the ups and downs and this year has to equal or be worse when Hobbs was the Coach...Zach Johnson,the player that he is should have to be dragged off the court...certain things have happened all season long that makes you wonder how in the world did he get the job? Last night was the last straw if you ask me!
With Zach having the flu-maybe he just ran out of gas.

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

noreply66 wrote:
bvmv4life wrote:Well what kind of excuse we going to make for Coach Meister this time? I understand Friday he didn't have the services of Zach Johnson in Gallia but last night on SENIOR NIGHT he had Zach and left him on the bench the majority of the second half..losing by five to a team that he could've won against...If anyone could see the facial expression on Zach would know how frustrated the kid was not being able to help his team out...I've been around this program for years during the ups and downs and this year has to equal or be worse when Hobbs was the Coach...Zach Johnson,the player that he is should have to be dragged off the court...certain things have happened all season long that makes you wonder how in the world did he get the job? Last night was the last straw if you ask me!
With Zach having the flu-maybe he just ran out of gas.
LOL...Don't think that was the case...this wasn't the first time this has been done.

Been B&B
Riding the Bench

Post by Been B&B »

Zach Johnson has been an important part of the great history (4-yr. starter) of Chilli B-Ball. It is a shame he has to go through this. The same with Bixler as he was a starter last year I believe. Zach hasn't shown to be a problem with the coaches in the past at least not at games. Maybe Meister is trying to build for next year by playing the younger kids. At this point who knows? The SCOL should be tougher next year because the SEOAL was really down this year. Warren is the only good team. I think they are the only team with a winning overall record. I think Chilli finished 5-5 in the league with 2 wins against Jackson. Tourney time!! Here's hoping!!

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

SCOL has been kind of struggling the past few years. Leagues go up and down over time.

ztpioneers1
Riding the Bench

Post by ztpioneers1 »

Could this really be Coach Meister's one & done, last year? His overall record is 87-77. He's had 4 losing seasons out of 7 in his coaching career.

Been B&B
Riding the Bench

Post by Been B&B »

What if you take the two years out when he had the great class at Newark Cath. He won 45 games those two years. I've been told anyone would have won with those kids. Don't know if it is true but if you are really loaded in D-4, I would like my chances. I'm sure it is tough to follow a Hall of Fame type coach like Meister did but the kids aren't responding to him evidently. I was told schools are looking at Kellough to fill the job at their schools. I thought he retired???

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Hires like this don't make much sense, you would almost be better off to take a shot at a young guy with no varsity experience but is hungry to run a program rather than a iffy guy with varsity experience. Just my 2 cents.

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Just heard that Zach Johnson was told he will not start Fridays tourney game vs Washington CH....

Rabeanos0512
Freshman Team

Post by Rabeanos0512 »

Havent seen one game this year. However, there has to be a reason why ZJ is not starting for the game. No coach would sit him based off strategy. When he is arguably the best player in the district sitting him for a start of a game or 2nd half is simply discipline issues. and no he is not is not sitting him so other can get more playing time thats the dumbest thing ive heard. Plain and simple this team isnt any good guys. thats it. Ive seen ZJ play in the previous 3 years and hes a STUD. But when your 2 man is the tallest player you will not be very successful.
Lets hope for a win and get to the convo! when was the last time they didnt advance to the convo? 09?

GO CAVS

AdamSchefter
Waterboy

Post by AdamSchefter »

If ZJ doesnt start then they will get killed im sorry besides ZJ the team is just horrible, a lot of new comers so I understand but are you serious about him not starting because if that is so then this coach has gone from a bad coach to just a plain moron. Unless there is some issues we dont know about then I can understand but he has been doing stuff like this all year so its hard for me to believe ZJ has any issues going on. Sad to see Zach go out like this after all he has done for this program. Perfect example of a coach not only ruining a kids senior year but also his future, because this kid was d1 talent.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

AAU and summer camps will get him D1 if he can play at that level. He has had issues in the past, so it could always happen again, I hope not though.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

If he's D1 talent those college coaches already know him, this coach won't ruin that. ZJ must be playing in order for Chilly to win, everyone knows that. If he is not playing there has to be an issue.

Been B&B
Riding the Bench

Post by Been B&B »

ZJ will be a very good D-1 player because in the past the tougher the competition the better he played. He was NOT intimidated by anyone. He's like every other player who needs to know his coach has his back and he believes in him. Some coaches think they can demand respect and discipline (some adminstrators too). They don't understand most kids will do anything for you if he honestly thinks you care about him. Just my observation, I guess I could be wrong but I don't think so. A lot of times discipline problems start with the coach.
This has got to be a real nightmare for Meister and the people who hired him. You talk about jumping into the fire!! WOW!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”