Waverly @ Vinton County 12/4

Ty Webb
All State

Re: Waverly @ Vinton County 12/4

Post by Ty Webb »

smurray wrote:Ty Webb,
nothing derogatory meant by "unfriendly" place. I would hope when any team goes on the road it's an unfriendly place. That's why it's called home field or home court ADVANTAGE. Sorry if the term or phrase offended you, but it wasn't intended to do so. Again, no reference to officiating what so ever.
Ok.....so in this day and age of interscholastic athletics where, as adults, we are attempting to provide positive activities for our youth, it is your opinion that when high school kids from one school visit another school it is your hope that they are visiting an "unfriendly place?"

Although Waverly was the visiting team last night, and you seem to be close to the Waverly program, I am very curious as if and what any events transpired where you felt as though host school, VC, its fans, players, administration treated you "unfriendly." Additionally, I would beg to differ that a home field/court advantage and unfriendly place are one in the same.

PS.....I hate hawkeyepierce! He is unfriendly.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

I hate Ty Webb. He has single-handlely ruin Bushwood.

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

hawkeyepierce wrote:I hate Ty Webb. He has single-handlely ruin Bushwood.

Ruin Bushwood??????

Hawkeye, just so you know, my Dad never liked your Dad. So there.....very unfriendly!

And now Farkus has started an unfriendly thread. I'm starting to feel, well, very unfriendly. :evil:

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ty, it's just a figure of speech, have heard it said many times. I never said we were treated unfriendly by anyone. You are making it something I never intended to say. Again, I'm sorry it was taken the wrong way.

Run Bubba Run
Freshman Team

Post by Run Bubba Run »

IMHO, the difference in the game was made by the Viking defensive pressure. I have never understood how Combs gets his teams to play such ferocious D the entire game. Regarding the officiating, I really saw few if any bad calls on fouls. There were some errors in other areas though. None were game changing. I felt the game was well officiated.

Oh, I did notice in the pre-game, before officials were on the floor, that the Waverly team was having a great time dunking the ball and trying to dunk the ball. After watching the game, I believe their time would have been better spent practicing their perimeter shooting. Just saying.

Is it still illegal to dunk the ball during warm-ups??? It was at one time.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

All this friendly unfriendly talk is really cool! I think we were friendly until game time, then it was very unfrienldy on the court and off. Did anyone hear the two student sections. They were going at it but never any disrespect. Both showed so much school spirit. The Where is Waldo that Waverly kids did was cool. The VC kids wearing Szoke Strong T's. The moment of silence. The hard fought game on the court. The fellowship afterwards. To me it was one of the best displays of sportsmanship I have been a witness to in a while. Except for Hawkeye who I will have to agree is unfriendly. I left that 'friendly' unfrindly enviornment feeling good. It was really nice to see two communities come together and show so much respect and sportsmanship. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.

pirates09
Waterboy

Post by pirates09 »

[quote="Is it still illegal to dunk the ball during warm-ups??? It was at one time.[/quote]

Yes it is still illegal, but most officials today instead of coming out to the court right when the 20 minute clock starts, they wait until about 16 or 17 and then come out just so that the players dont do anything stupid while the officiating crew is on the floor in pregame.

bookem13
JV Team

Post by bookem13 »

vctransplant...nice post!

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

bookem13 wrote:vctransplant...nice post!
Thanks Bookem. I wish all HS sporting eventswere like that one. I know I'm a dreamer but that is how it should be. It seemed so pure.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

vctransplant wrote:
bookem13 wrote:vctransplant...nice post!
Thanks Bookem. I wish all HS sporting eventswere like that one. I know I'm a dreamer but that is how it should be. It seemed so pure.
Much respect for Waverly from VC. I've always enjoyed watching these two schools battle in every sport. Its nice when two communities can take time to honor someone from either side. Reminded me of a few years ago when a player from Wellston was involved in an accident. Each school from the league had a moment of silence and passed around a jar for donations. Teams may battle on and off the court/field but in times of need, everyone comes together in southeast ohio and I'm darn proud of that!

Return to “Boys Basketball”