Athens v. Chesapeake 12/8 @ Rio Grande CC

Power 105
All Conference

Athens v. Chesapeake 12/8 @ Rio Grande CC

Post by Power 105 »

Game is the headliner of the Newt Oliver Coaches Classic at Rio Grande CC. It will be on Power 105.5 and 970 WATH as well as online here: http://radio.securenetsystems.net/v4/in ... lSign=WXTQ
Tip off is set for 8pm.

Chesapeake
JV Team

Re: Athens v. Chesapeake 12/8 @ Rio Grande CC

Post by Chesapeake »

Chesapeake 61 Athens 47 - Prediction

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Chesapeake wrote:Chesapeake 61 Athens 47 - Prediction
I wouldn't be running off to Vegas to place that bet just yet ... :mrgreen:

Power 105
All Conference

Post by Power 105 »

ttt

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I will definitely be tuned into this one on 105.5 ! two of my favorite coaches in Southern/Southeastern Ohio in Coach Skinner (AHS) and Coach Davis (CHS) ... thanks for the coverage Power 105 ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote:... I will definitely be tuned into this one on 105.5 ! two of my favorite coaches in Southern/Southeastern Ohio in Coach Skinner (AHS) and Coach Davis (CHS) ... thanks for the coverage Power 105 ...

Power 105 app is pretty cool Floyd ... you can sit right their at your computer and listen to the game ... and be sure to tune in next Saturday for the Athens/Logan Elm game ... ol 93Dog will actually be doing the color commentary for that match-up.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... is the LE vs Athens matchup @ Athens ? or LE? ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote:... is the LE vs Athens matchup @ Athens ? or LE? ...

AT LOGAN ELM

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

In order to get pumped up for the Logan Elm game floyd ... Nelsonville T.V. cable has been running the Athens-Logan 1989/1990 SEOAL championship at McAfee Gymnasium ... I"ve watched it three times already ... lol ... as the Bulldogs improved to 19-1 after the HUGE win over the Chiefs, who were led by a STIVERSON ... it wasn't the LE head coach but his brother, Chad ... but who cares about details - its close enough ... lol

What a fun game though ... Scott Stricklin, Scott Decaminada vs big Jim Redd and Chad Stiverson ... the Chiefs also had Allender and a Dennis playing for them ... Gibson vs Swinehart ... league title on the line, last game of the year, a shoulder-to-shouler packed house at McAfee ... lol ... want me to send ya a copy, floyd?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

we ran into the athens high school team, 1 night a few weeks ago in the waverly mcdonalds. they looked extremely young/small to me. but very polite.coaches were a pleasure to talk to.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:we ran into the athens high school team, 1 night a few weeks ago in the waverly mcdonalds. they looked extremely young/small to me. but very polite.coaches were a pleasure to talk to.
must have been the freshman team ...

The starters for Athens are 6'3, 6'3, 6'4, 6'4 and 6'5

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Got a final?

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

According to 105.5
Athens 60 Chesapeake 47

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Great start for the young Bulldogs!!!!!!! Lets hope A. Luehrman returns soon from the ankle injury. Way back in the day, Coach Skinner coached Coach Davis at the jv level at Alexander. Bet it was fun seeing them go head to head tonight.

Gib25
Varsity

Post by Gib25 »

Joe Burrow had 21 and Ibi Watson 20 points for the Bulldogs who played ten while the game was in doubt. Very young, but very athletic. Jerod Elmpre gives them a presence in the post. Fun to watch.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

93Bulldog wrote:In order to get pumped up for the Logan Elm game floyd ... Nelsonville T.V. cable has been running the Athens-Logan 1989/1990 SEOAL championship at McAfee Gymnasium ... I"ve watched it three times already ... lol ... as the Bulldogs improved to 19-1 after the HUGE win over the Chiefs, who were led by a STIVERSON ... it wasn't the LE head coach but his brother, Chad ... but who cares about details - its close enough ... lol

What a fun game though ... Scott Stricklin, Scott Decaminada vs big Jim Redd and Chad Stiverson ... the Chiefs also had Allender and a Dennis playing for them ... Gibson vs Swinehart ... league title on the line, last game of the year, a shoulder-to-shouler packed house at McAfee ... lol ... want me to send ya a copy, floyd?

That was my senior year!! Great battles between Logan and Athens in those days! Shawn Allender and Chad Dennis. I would like a copy. You have a pm. I will see several of those guys in a few weeks. This will be a topic of conversation! :mrgreen:

Gib25
Varsity

Post by Gib25 »

Logan grad, I can get you a copy. let me know if anybody else wants a copy from up your way.

Return to “Boys Basketball”