Varsity

Piketon @ Valley 12/11

Post by kram »

Thoughts?

here4fun
Varsity

Re: Piketon @ Valley 12/11

Post by here4fun »

After the big win over Minford and this game being at Valley Piketon will have their hands full in this one.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Farmer scores 40 , Piketon wins by 20

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

D-5 wrote:Farmer scores 40 , Piketon wins by 20
McBee scores 40, Minford wins by 20

Staying consistent, I like it!

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Expect a great game. Piketon must play better on offense and continue the great defense

chef_piketon
JV Team

Post by chef_piketon »

Should be a good one as these two schools renew an old rivalry.
Let's Go Streaks!

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

chicken_coop wrote:
D-5 wrote:Farmer scores 40 , Piketon wins by 20
McBee scores 40, Minford wins by 20

Staying consistent, I like it!
:122249

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Should be a fun game to watch, up and down tempo from both. Piketon needs to finish around the rim, cant give Valley that many oppurtunities with free throws either. Lets Go Streaks~!

D4hero
Freshman Team

Post by D4hero »

Valley by 7

SOCMAN05
Freshman Team

Post by SOCMAN05 »

Another good test for this young Valley team, I expect another great game that wont be decided till late in the 4th somewhat like the Minford game !

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

It will be interesting how the game is called. Piketon just completed two extremely physical games where for the most part both teams should've had several players in foul trouble and probably more than just one kid from an oposing team tossed for throwing a punch. If the game is called tight, I see a free throw shooting contest. If not, I see a fun game to watch. I got a chance to see Valley vs Hillsboro and I believe they're capable of beating anyone just as I believe Piketon is as well. That makes a great match-up!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley will be in this ballgame and have a chance to win, bottom line. I think a lot of people are looking at the Ironton game, and kinda overlooking the Indians...Ironton played lights out that night, and it's just one of those good ole beatdowns.

SW beat Portsmouth pretty handily, and the Trojans gave Ironton all they wanted...not comparing scores but it just shows how well Ironton played against the Indians.

The Valley team we saw against Minford is most likely the team you will see night in and night out.

Piketon is a good ballclub, but with it being at home and after a big win over at Minford, I like Valley by 3.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

This should be a very good ball game. Before the season, I bet if you took a poll and asked people to name the 3 best guards in the area, the names Issac Brabson, Zac Carter, and Austin McBee would come up more than any others (with all due respect to Jayln Carter). Valley will have seen all 3 of those guys in the last 8 days when this one is over. That is a heck of a way for a basketball team trying to shake football muscles to start the season.

This game is going to be tough on both coaches with little time to prepare. I do think this one will be fun to watch as both teams are very athletic and want to get up and down the floor. This game, although a non league game, could prove to be huge for Valley when it is time to draw in February. The Jackson sectional appears loaded again. I feel like everyone is playing for the #2 because Ironton is very good.

If Valley takes care of the ball and defends like they did Friday, I like our chances.

Valley 74
Piketon 70

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Two very even matched teams. I'm going with Piketon by 4.
55-51

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

lightle04 wrote:Two very even matched teams. I'm going with Piketon by 4.
55-51
The only way this game is played in the 50's is if both teams can't throw it in the ocean. They both will get up and down and speed the game up.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Valley 68
Piketon 62

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

These are two very deffensive minded teams I will stand by my pick.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Depends on which Valley team shows up: The team that Ironton killed or the team that I think they should be (the one that beat Minford).

I think I will take Valley by 5.

Jon B
Riding the Bench

Post by Jon B »

Crab's brother wrote:This should be a very good ball game. Before the season, I bet if you took a poll and asked people to name the 3 best guards in the area, the names Issac Brabson, Zac Carter, and Austin McBee would come up more than any others (with all due respect to Jayln Carter). Valley will have seen all 3 of those guys in the last 8 days when this one is over. That is a heck of a way for a basketball team trying to shake football muscles to start the season.

This game is going to be tough on both coaches with little time to prepare. I do think this one will be fun to watch as both teams are very athletic and want to get up and down the floor. This game, although a non league game, could prove to be huge for Valley when it is time to draw in February. The Jackson sectional appears loaded again. I feel like everyone is playing for the #2 because Ironton is very good.

If Valley takes care of the ball and defends like they did Friday, I like our chances.

Valley 74
Piketon 70
I agree, Brabson is one of the elite gaurds in ohio. I like Piketon in this one though.. If Brabson can score 15 and get Moore and Farmer to score their points, i'll take Piketon. Brabson has to set up Farmer so he can get in a rhythm. Brabson and Moore have looked to be on the same page, they play very well together. Farmer has to step up and make some shots though. If Valley sets back in a zone, they have a huge chance of winning this game. I dont think Valley can guard Piketon though. they are a very good defensive team, but Piketon is fast, real fast... Looking for a great game tonight, cant wait to watch this!!!

Svcfanatic
Waterboy

Post by Svcfanatic »

I'll take Piketon! Brabson, Moore, andd Farmer all on the same page tonight. Farmer is on the same page with Moore and Brabson, he has just been struggling to knock down the shot. I look foward to see Farmer and Moore over 20! Hopefully Brabson and Brewster can 10 to 15 as well. The other Farmer has to gain every rebound, and play strong. Williams needs to make some big defensive plays as well. Should be a great matchup!

Return to “Boys Basketball”