Jackson Sectional

On_the_sidelines
Waterboy

Re: Jackson Sectional

Post by On_the_sidelines »

Crab's brother wrote:
Kentucky Trojan wrote:It is my opinion that Ironton will be number 1 and the votes will fall such that Portsmouth and Wheelersburg will be 8/9.

Therefore, none of the other teams will have to face Portsmouth, Wheelersburg, or Ironton in the Sectional.

Wheelersburg will be the sacrificial lamb for the SOC against the non-affiliated teams.....Ironton and Portsmouth.

I agree with Dinocrocetti from an earlier post.
The only way for that to happen is West, South Point, or Rock Hill would have to be voted to the #7. That is not going to happen. I defiantly agree that unless Portsmouth beats Chillicothe and Peebles, they will be in the 8-9 game. They will play West or South Point.

At best Burg goes into the seeding at 9-10, Portsmouth at worst will will be 9-11 with a head to head win over Berg, conferences wont matter because its clear cut that Portsmouth should be the 7 and Burg the 8.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

On_the_sidelines wrote:
Crab's brother wrote:
Kentucky Trojan wrote:It is my opinion that Ironton will be number 1 and the votes will fall such that Portsmouth and Wheelersburg will be 8/9.

Therefore, none of the other teams will have to face Portsmouth, Wheelersburg, or Ironton in the Sectional.

Wheelersburg will be the sacrificial lamb for the SOC against the non-affiliated teams.....Ironton and Portsmouth.

I agree with Dinocrocetti from an earlier post.
The only way for that to happen is West, South Point, or Rock Hill would have to be voted to the #7. That is not going to happen. I defiantly agree that unless Portsmouth beats Chillicothe and Peebles, they will be in the 8-9 game. They will play West or South Point.

At best Burg goes into the seeding at 9-10, Portsmouth at worst will will be 9-11 with a head to head win over Berg, conferences wont matter because its clear cut that Portsmouth should be the 7 and Burg the 8.
I think Burg could actually get to 10-10 before the draw and if Portsmouth is 9-11 or 8-12 then the case will be made for Wheelersburg getting the 7. Burg getting to 10-10 would mean wins over Webster, GA, and either Minford, Valley, or Oak Hill. If Wheelersburg gets to .500 and has a couple of good wins, don't be surprised if they get the &. I am not saying I agree with it, but it could very well happen.

How I rank them:

1. Ironton
2. Valley
3. Minford
4. Oak Hill
5. Cheaspeake
6. Coal Grove
7. Portsmouth
8. Wheelersburg
9. West
10. South Point
11. Rock Hill

I would not be surprised to see:

1. Ironton
2. Valley
3. Minford
4. Oak Hill
5. Coal Grove
6. Peake
7. Burg
8. Portsmouth
9. South Point
10. West
11. Rock Hill

popeyes
Waterboy

Post by popeyes »

With valley losing two games this week the sectional seedings change some i would think.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

With some changes I now see

Ironton
Minford
Oak Hill
Valley
Peake
Coal Grove
Portsmouth
West
South Point
Rock Hill

Minford, Oak Hill, and Valley are interesting. Oak Hill has beaten Valley twice, Minford beat Oak Hill, and Valley has beaten Minford Twice!! Go figure on 2-4. Would love to sit in on that Sectional Draw!! :-D
Honestly, I think best place to be is the 3 seed. It will play the 6 seed, which looks to be Coal Grove (Portsmouth might sneak in with strength of schedule)

popeyes
Waterboy

Post by popeyes »

Cant see minford in front of Valley.

Lovetheroundball
Riding the Bench

Post by Lovetheroundball »

With Valley, Minford and Oak Hill all having 3 conference losses I looked at non-conference schedules and records versus. I realize Minford and Oak Hill have not played all their non-conference games yet and I believe Raceland and St. Joseph would fall be in division 4 if in Ohio. Opponents records: Valley 67-64. Minford 60-72. Oak Hill 56-70. Division 2 opponents: Valley-2, Minford-0, Oak Hill-1. Division 3: Valley-5, Minford-5, Oak Hill-4. Division 4: Valley-1, Minford-3, Oak Hill-3. Based on this info I feel Valley still deserves the 2 seed. Minford 3 and Oak Hill 4.

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

Does Valley have 6 losses?
Last edited by knowledge on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

Still a week of ball left before the draw .. Minford with 2 TOUGH road games @ Peake and @ West .. Could and will determine there seating . If they win both no worse than 3 and prolly the 2 .. Valley still has a match up with SW and not sure when the Burg make up game will be played . Oak Hill as River Valley and Burg before the draw .. These games going into the draw will determine seeds 2 thru 4 in my opinion .. Minford defiantly has the toughest task at hand this coning week while I think the Oaks has the easier road . This sectional is brutal and besides Ironton I dot see any of these teams are a lock to get out of this sectional .. Portsmouth , Peake , P West , Burg , are good solid ball clubs that come tourney time will be a very tough out .. This sectional compared to Athens and even Waverly is stacked and its a shame as a result good quality teams go home and no trip to the Convo for some good teams and fine young men.. As a result the first round at the Convo are usually blow outs .. They really need to look at a super sectional or at the very least balance out these teams in there respected sectional !!

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

I will be shocked if they vote Portsmouth anywhere but 8 or 9. I see a Portsmouth vs Burg first round. I don't blame the other schools. I wouldn't want to play Eugene or Barrick either. It would be quite a slap in the face to go to the final four and represent the county well then get slapped all the way to 8 or 9. That's the way the game is played though. Thebsectional and districts will be fun to watch

On_the_sidelines
Waterboy

Dinocrocetti wrote:I will be shocked if they vote Portsmouth anywhere but 8 or 9. I see a Portsmouth vs Burg first round. I don't blame the other schools. I wouldn't want to play Eugene or Barrick either. It would be quite a slap in the face to go to the final four and represent the county well then get slapped all the way to 8 or 9. That's the way the game is played though. Thebsectional and districts will be fun to watch

I need a good laugh today, so why don't you tell me who gets the 7 seed over Burg and Portsmouth. Rock Hill, West, or South Point?

Kentucky Trojan
SE

Post by Kentucky Trojan »

On_the_sidelines wrote:
Dinocrocetti wrote:I will be shocked if they vote Portsmouth anywhere but 8 or 9. I see a Portsmouth vs Burg first round. I don't blame the other schools. I wouldn't want to play Eugene or Barrick either. It would be quite a slap in the face to go to the final four and represent the county well then get slapped all the way to 8 or 9. That's the way the game is played though. Thebsectional and districts will be fun to watch

I need a good laugh today, so why don't you tell me who gets the 7 seed over Burg and Portsmouth. Rock Hill, West, or South Point?
West

...following their 2 point victory over Valley...

On_the_sidelines
Waterboy

Even though Burg beat them twice this year?

Kentucky Trojan
SE

Post by Kentucky Trojan »

On_the_sidelines wrote:Even though Burg beat them twice this year?
Since the SOC holds the voting block it just depends what their block decides upon. Will they make Wheelersburg or West their 8 along with Portsmouth as 9 and Ironton at 1 or will they place an OVC team in the 8/9 along with Portsmouth?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I agree with D
inocrocetti from an earlier post.
Not only is it ridiculous but completely predictable....D4 will do the same thing.

The SE District way is a joke.

amazinghocks
JV Team

Post by amazinghocks »

1. Ironton
2. Valley
3. Minford
4. Oak Hill
5. Portsmouth
6. Chesapeake
7. Coal Grove
8. Wheelersburg
9. South Point
10. West
11. Rock Hill

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

You should get rewarded for playing a tough schedule that being said you also have to win games.Portsmouth does not bring alot of friends to the room. Anyone remember when Portsmouth was 8th seed @ Waverly vs 1 seed North Adams that was an awesome game.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

knowledge wrote:Does Valley have 6 losses?
Ironton
Piketon
Oak Hill
West
Oak Hill

I dont think I missed any..

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

what is going on with valley? i have not seen them but i had heard that they were one of the top d3 teams in the se. who have they lost to? what is their league record?

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

sparky wrote:what is going on with valley? i have not seen them but i had heard that they were one of the top d3 teams in the se. who have they lost to? what is their league record?
See my post above. They are tied with Oak Hill and Minford in the SOC.

The back to back losses have been from a lack of effort...so I'm told.

CCC
Riding the Bench

Post by CCC »

A FEW GAMES WILL DECIDE THE SEEDINGS THIS WEEK BUT IF WERE TO START TODAY HERE WE GO.
1 Ironton
2 Minford - 3 losses beat oak hill head to head
3 OAK HILL - 3 losses Beat valley twice
4 Valley - 5 losses beat minford twice
5 chese -
6 coal grove -
7 PHS - beat burg head to head
8 Burg - beat west twice
9 West - lost to coal grove head to head
10 south point
11 rock hill

Return to “Boys Basketball”