Southern @ Eastern 12/14

Eaglesnest
All State

Re: Southern @ Eastern 12/14

Post by Eaglesnest »

I thought that E. Reedsville was supposed to be tough in the TVC-Hocking this season?

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

The Dog wrote:
Super Trooper wrote:I'd love to just see Eastern go a game without a player getting a technical
MeigsCountyGuy wrote:That shows a lack of discipline by the coaching staff.
I cant beleeve Howdy Caldwell lets that crap go on.

First off, Coach Howie Caldwell is no longer at Eastern.

Tristen will mature more and more each game, he plays great D and has a good shot, and has good hops, which can benifit him greatly. Itll be a fun matchup, but Southern will have to keep turnovers to a minimum and make shots fall.

The Dog
Freshman Team

Post by The Dog »

Remember_The_Name wrote:First off, Coach Howie Caldwell is no longer at Eastern.
I no he dont. Thats why they never shuld had ran him off. Cuase I cant beleeve he wuld put up with that crap.

George Jones
Freshman Team

Post by George Jones »

The Dog the next stupid post you make I am going to bust you out and lose my posting privileges but it will be well worth it

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Nobody ran him off. Eastern has been plagued by injury and cook hasn't been able to play yet. It's been 1 on 5 every game so far. Pullins is back tonight so Easterm will look a little more like the team we expected. But they'll still struggle until cook can come back

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

Npeifer I don't think too many people take your posts serious after reading some of them.

npeifer
Freshman Team

Post by npeifer »

Fred G. Sanford wrote:Npeifer I don't think too many people take your posts serious after reading some of them.

Dear Mr. Sanford,

I am sure that some do not, however I am equally sure that many do! Since I choose to not hide behind a screen name it's quite easy to see who I am and yet I still speak my mind. I said nothing derogatory about anyone only stated my opinion. For a long time now you have disagreed with me on nearly EVERY topic so that is nothing new. From your statement can we assume that you think Wolfe is not a good defender? And that you are picking Eastern in this one? Please enlighten us with your thoughts........

Neal

Purple&Yellow Pride
Freshman Team

Post by Purple&Yellow Pride »

I is thinking about hangin a petition down at toms butcher shop so people can sign in favor of a return to racine hustlin purple tornado heritage and try to win some games like we did back in the 80s. Dog understnads but i think the legacy has been lost on t hese kids. We need to do whatever we can to get howee back in racine to help his boy coach.

mojo
Waterboy

Post by mojo »

This southern team is well aware of the history of the program , but that what it is , history !! this is a young team that will develope as the year goes on , they are the future of Southern & they always hustle

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

I don't think Wolf will be the best defensive player he faces all year. I think he has already faced tougher defense in the Trimble game. I don't think Southern can play man defense that's why they play zone all the time. I disagree with you cause half what you post is hear say that you think is gospel and than retract on when someone calls you out.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Its not fair to compare the team now, teams before them, to the 82' team, and its not fair to the 82' team to be compared to any team after them. That group of guys had something special that no one will ever take from them, but if there is one thing that the current team should take from the 82' teams success is role playing. Each guy on that team knew what role he had to play in order for their team to be successful, it was a functioning machine, without one part of that machine working in unison with the other parts, you have no success. Maybe thats what the guys now should take from that. if you wanna be more successful as a team, know your role, practice it, improve, execute it.

Only if barber tom knew the publicity his fine establishment has got on preps over the years, think i may pop in saturday morning and infrom him his place of work is now a "butcher shop" hahaha

but anyways, lets get back to thoughts on tonights game ------->

If pullins is playing, that definitely helps Eastern inside, as long as the southern bigs stay out of foul trouble, i dont see eastern cleaning the boards. like ive previously said, i look for this to be a hard fought game, and just may shock some people on just how close this may be, yea i may be making a bold prediction, but no one gave southern a chance in football this fall, no one is giving Eastern much of a chance tonight, other than eastern fans. Southern has to come in focused, ready to play, dont be fooled by records, because in a rivalry game, records dont mean squat. Best of Luck Southern, hope for a clean, competitive game.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Good win for Eastern

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Final
Eastern 54
Southern 51

Unofficial Scoring

Max Carnahan 25
Kirk Pullins 8
Troy Gantt 8

Southern

Dennis Teaford 12
Adam Pape 10
Chandler Drummer 7
Tristen Wolfe 7

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

From what I heard on the radio, I think it was more Southern loosing than Eastern winning, not to take anything away from Eastern though. A lot of turnovers.

npeifer
Freshman Team

Post by npeifer »

Looks like I missed that one! But that's why they play the games. Congratulations to Eastern on a hard fought win and man the TVC was shaken up last night!

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

my bad feeling about this game proved to be right, hopefully we can get the next matchup at home

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Bad loss by Southern (to a winless team), but that is why they play the games.

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

I dont think this was a bad loss by Southern. I look for Eastern to rattle some off. Pullins came back and controlled the boards. 9 rebounds while he was saddled with foul trouble the entire night. Eastern shut down drummer. Cook comes back this week for the Eagles, I still like Coach Britton and the Eagles. They were dealt with a tough hand to start the season missing 2 starters and a guard off the bench. Not alot of league teams would win games if they were in their situation. Look at Fed. they got healthy and are rolling.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Very good post. I agree

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

BigShooter wrote:I dont think this was a bad loss by Southern. I look for Eastern to rattle some off. Pullins came back and controlled the boards. 9 rebounds while he was saddled with foul trouble the entire night. Eastern shut down drummer. Cook comes back this week for the Eagles, I still like Coach Britton and the Eagles. They were dealt with a tough hand to start the season missing 2 starters and a guard off the bench. Not alot of league teams would win games if they were in their situation. Look at Fed. they got healthy and are rolling.
did not mean my post to down play E.Reedsville or their players. I just knew Eastern had been struggling so the win against Southern suprised me.

Best of luck to both teams.

Return to “Boys Basketball”