South Webster at Portsmouth East 1/05

D4hero
Freshman Team

South Webster at Portsmouth East 1/05

Post by D4hero »

WHAT IS EVERY1S THOUGHTS HERE?

I know Webster beat East last week in the New Boston Championship but expect a whole different game in the Tartan Box. Expect Cougar to have big game this time for East but Goodard and Bryer will be too much for Cougar and Byers

What are ur thoughts? Concerns? Radio gonna be there? Concessions?

Lightle04
SE

Re: South Webster at Portsmouth East 1/05

Post by Lightle04 »

Craiger and Bias will play better at home on there small floor but Webster is very good.

Tartan Sauce
Waterboy

Post by Tartan Sauce »

Which radio station will be there tonight 99.3 or 107.5 ??? Bias will get close to the school record tonight. I look for the supporting cast to step up big, Craiger will get double digit assists. Like I said before different game at home.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Those are some bold predictions. East is much improved but Webster is a very good team as well. East has a couple good games in the next week they travel to Eastern Friday. Boy the Clay game was a close one last night for East 41-39 !
Last edited by Lightle04 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tartan Sauce
Waterboy

Post by Tartan Sauce »

East not eastern beavers who Webster would beat by like 40. Pretty sure they have film from the last game to watch there will be a better game plan this time around. Plus like i said home game different story.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

If East plays the way there capable of playing they can play with any D-4 team in southern ohio.

fan_of_swankerpine
Freshman Team

Post by fan_of_swankerpine »

Any updates or score so far?

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

East 32- Webster 17 at half time.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

41-41 after 3. Webster pressed comeing out at half and East couldn't handle it.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

East 55 Webster 50 great win for East !

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Goodness.

Great win by East

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Nice job Tartans! Congrats.........

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

Upset central! Glad East represented the SOC I well. SOC I Pride.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Congrats to East on win...Crager and Bias had great games. I said in another thread that Tartan Turf wasn't worth + 25 pts, and I'm eating my crow now. Glad to see Webster come out ready to play in the second half and not quit after the horrible start. I got a feeling this may have just cost Webster the 2 seed in the valley sectional. Oh well...no time for Jeeps to dwell on it with Waverly, Valley, and Vinton County next week.*

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Just heard from one of the parents that the locker room was broken into during the game and several players/coaches had money stolen. Wow, what a shame. I couldn't help but notice during the game there were no deputies/officers present. Why is that? I thought all schools were supposed to have a deputy present? Since they didn't, it's not really surprising that someone broke into the locker room to steal. When there's no one there to punish you, hard to be afraid to do something so ridiculous. Very good win for East, but this incident looks very bad on the school.

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

last i heard was the cameras seen the person try to go through a locked door to get inside the locker room, then they moved on to an other door and it is being handled, also heard this sint the first time the person has been in trouble for similar incidents. he graduated from east 5 years ago..just dont know his name

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

SWbaseballFan wrote:last i heard was the cameras seen the person try to go through a locked door to get inside the locker room, then they moved on to an other door and it is being handled, also heard this sint the first time the person has been in trouble for similar incidents. he graduated from east 5 years ago..just dont know his name

If this individual has been in trouble for similar incidents, how in the world is he not permanently banned from any and all school activities? That sounds like a pretty simple solution to me.

Hopefully justice is served and this individual is locked up for his actions, and most importantly, the children are given back their money (highly unlikely).

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

When Western plays there all wallets, phones, and iPods go into a bag, and it goes to the bench with the team. This happened to us 2 years ago.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Very sad to hear that. So there's been similar incidents at the school, and yet, the only schools takings more precautionary measures are the schools COMING to play there? Not surprising.

I'm going to keep bringing up this thread everyday until the individual is caught and behind bars. For the kids sake, I'm not going to allow the school or the cops just throw this under the rug.

kingofthegame
Freshman Team

Post by kingofthegame »

lightle04 wrote:41-41 after 3. Webster pressed comeing out at half and East couldn't handle it.
I didn't get to go to the game, but I guess I'm surprised SW didn't press until the 2nd half in the East cracker box? Lose the 1st half by 15 and win the 2nd half by 10? I think I'd play more like the 2nd half than the 1st in the future.

Return to “Boys Basketball”