SE

Re: Meigs D-4 sectional.

Post by Lightle04 »

Ttt

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Waterford has just been getting beat down just got smacked by Eastern.

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

I think Eastern Pike will get the #1 seed but sometimes that don't mean a lot. Southern got it last year and there reward was to play Manchester first game of the district and the winner of that got South Webster. I look for this years #1 seed at Meigs to get the same treatment. Probably will get Fairfield the first game and South Webster the second.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

1. Pike
2. Symmes Valley
3. Trimble
4. Southern
5. Miller
6. Waterford
7. Eastern
8. St. Joe
9. South Gallia

just a prediction

Southern has the potential to jump to a 3 seed if they can take care of business the second half of the sechedule. I think Miller will surprise a few more teams this season, but as crazy as the tvc hocking has been this year, who knows whats going to happen

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

My prediction

1. Eastern Pike
2. Symmes Valley
3. Trimble
4. Miller
5. Southern
6.Waterford
7. St. Joe
8. Eastern
9. South Gallia

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

1. Eastern Pike
2. Symmes Valley
3. Trimble
4. Southern
5. Miller
6. Waterford
7. Eastern Meigs
8. St. Joe
9. South Gallia

I think it will probably end up like this. I agree with Hopper11 that Eastern Pike is a lock for the #1 seed and they might end up with the same treatment that Southern got last year as the #1. The top 3 teams in the Valley sectional are really tough and are capable of knocking off Eastern Pike. Should be interesting anyway the seeds fall. Good Luck to all teams

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

it will just be very interesting how coaches vote. Eastern Pike is no doubt the #1 seed not only will there record be outstanding but they were Regional Runner-Up last year and 3 of their top 4 are back. I also believe SV will get the #2 seed and as of right now Trimble looks like the clear #3 and SG looks like the clear #9. After that it is going to be very interesting how everyone in the TVC votes all the teams havent even played everyone yet. There could be alot of splits in head to head match ups with could divide the draw.

Southern-Lost to Trimble, and Lost Eastern (does not play Eastern again until after draw) but Beat Miller and Waterford
Miller- Beat Eastern, Lost to Southern, Lost to Trimble (hasnt played Waterford)
Eastern- Beat Southern, Beat Waterford, Lost to Trimble and Lost to Miller
Waterford-Lost to Southern, Lost to Eastern, Plays Trimble Tonight and hasnt played Miller.

It is very early, but it could end up being a log jam in the middle especially if some teams can knock off Trimble the second time around. I did put SG as the #9 but they are capable of beating anyone Lost to Belpre by 4, Eastern by 3, Miller by 4, Southern by 5 so they are right there just cant get over the hump. I do think it is safe to say this sectional is WAY weaker then the Valley one.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

I expect Eastern Pike to be #1 but 2-9 could be anyone of these teams. TVC is very unpredictable this year.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

1.Eastern Pike
2.Symmes Valley
3.Southern
4.Trimble
5.Waterford
6.St.Joe
7.Eastern Meigs
8.Miller
9.South Gallia

Who knows???

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

call me crazy - but I still think Miller jumps to as high as five ... they just beat Eastern 78-42 last Friday, but you have them ranked below the Eagles beaverlover.
Belpre is the 2nd place team in the Hocking right now, 1-game out of first ... and Miller knocked them off 67-58 in Belpre.

Now its a complete hunch that MIller will start winning more games - and improve that dismal (3-7) record ... but they have shown they can play with anyone in the TVC-Hocking - and that's basically all the games they have left. (league games)

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

93Bulldog wrote:call me crazy - but I still think Miller jumps to as high as five ... they just beat Eastern 78-42 last Friday, but you have them ranked below the Eagles beaverlover.
Belpre is the 2nd place team in the Hocking right now, 1-game out of first ... and Miller knocked them off 67-58 in Belpre.

Now its a complete hunch that MIller will start winning more games - and improve that dismal (3-7) record ... but they have shown they can play with anyone in the TVC-Hocking - and that's basically all the games they have left. (league games)

U could be right..u know the TVC much better than I do. Meigs is very inconsistent and some of there scores surprise me.This was just me guessing..Im wrong more often than right..lol.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

updated records after Friday ... http://trivalleyconference.com/Schedules.html

Trimble (7-5) has moved up after four straight wins ... and Symmes Valley (6-4) is creeping toward the top.

lawcosportsfan
Waterboy

Post by lawcosportsfan »

Symmes will not be the 2 seed.
Trimble is 7-5 and southern is 6-5 both have better wins than SV
SV is 6-5 and their wins are against teams with a dismal 13-54 record. If it wasn't for green, clay, new boston, and western playing each other there wouldn't be 13 wins. One of the 13 is SG over OVC and they aren't even a OHSAA member school.
Sv's best win is SG and everyone on here is convinced they are the 9 seed.
SV will most likely go 0-3 this next week.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

BigShooter wrote:Was not aware of there schedule. Yes its pretty good everyone on there is a tough game but new boston they are BAD but you dont get votes for losing to good teams. You have to win games with that being said I dont think they will. They could end up in that last game if there r tvc schools with similiar records they wil vote together.
I don't know what school you and XandO's support, but who would you play if your enrollment was 17 boys at St. Joe? Give them some credit for putting a competitive team on the floor every year.

As far as New Boston, being the smallest public school in the southeast district with 53 boys, that remark about they are BAD is uncalled for. We lost a senior who was our tallest player in the previews before the season started. He would have made a difference. New Boston played division III Wellston and Portsmouth West for two of our losses. Other losses were to Portsmouth Notre Dame, Eastern Pike, Sciotoville Community (East), Symmes Valley and South Webster who all have fine teams. Only 3 teams were .500 or less, St.Joe, Green and Western Pike.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

lawcosportsfan wrote:Symmes will not be the 2 seed.
Trimble is 7-5 and southern is 6-5 both have better wins than SV
SV is 6-5 and their wins are against teams with a dismal 13-54 record. If it wasn't for green, clay, new boston, and western playing each other there wouldn't be 13 wins. One of the 13 is SG over OVC and they aren't even a OHSAA member school.
Sv's best win is SG and everyone on here is convinced they are the 9 seed.
SV will most likely go 0-3 this next week.
Well i say symmes valley will get the #2 seed. They might go 0-3 this week but so would the 2-8 seed in that sectional. Trimble nor southern has quality wins plus trimble was beat by south gallia and southern was beat by rock hill. Thats the only 2 opponents so far that u can compare and symmes beat both of them. Southern lost to rockill and symmes beat them by 25.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

TVC always sticks together and places teams wherever they want.

Judge and Jury
Freshman Team

Post by Judge and Jury »

Ah the amazing thing people try to pick who they think is going to b place where. Some teams might not want the 1 or 2 based on who they play in the district. Example southern last yr. Was rewarded with a great record by getting to play Manchester. As far as st. Joe not knocking their record or strength of schedule but unless they win some of those teams that are tough games if u don't win it don't count. You don't get credit for your record unless u win some big games. People was talking Waterford up as high as 3 or 4 they've lost 5 in a row some they got blowed out. Southern has lost some games headed in the other direction. Miller and eastern r starting to win some but r still losing . Trimble went on a streak but lost to N.Y. tonight. S.G. beat wahama and trimble and lost some games that could've went either way so we still have a lot of ball left to go. Which everyone has an opinion of how things may go but when it comes down to it it will b screw your neighbor and try to get as many people to vote for u and get the matchup u want. S.G.miller and eastern will have the most to prove in the second half of the season.I think it will look something like this:
1.Eastern Pike
2. Symmes Valley (if they want it)
3. Trimble
4. Southern (based on strength of schedule 7d3 schools they play)
5.miller eastern s.g.Waterford
6.miller eastern s.g.Waterford
9.St.Joe (unless they can win some big games just playing in them don't count)

Miller eastern Waterford and s.g. will pretty much determine their own fate headed into the second half of the season but then again until the coaches meet we will have fun for the next month discussing the what ifs.

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Does St.Joe get any credit now for beating Rock Hill after the Redmen beat Southern?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

UPDATED STANDINGS AFTER SATURDAY ... http://trivalleyconference.com/Schedules.html

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

Judge and Jury wrote: 4. Southern (based on strength of schedule 7d3 schools they play)

9.St.Joe (unless they can win some big games just playing in them don't count)
It's funny, kind of contradicting yourself. Won't give SJ credit for having a decent schedule because can't win against tough teams, but gonna give Southern a 5 seed based on schedule strength of 7 d3's but have only beaten one so far. Heck, SJ has beaten a team D1 by Ohio numbers in Greenup County. Size doesn't mean everything.

How about comparing common opponents? Green for example, Southern beat them by 18, SJ beat them by 36.

I guess really, there's a lot of playing to be done before the seeding.

Return to “Boys Basketball”