DIV - MEIGS SECTIONAL

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Re: Meigs D-4 sectional.

Post by Frank Reagan »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:Does St.Joe get any credit now for beating Rock Hill after the Redmen beat Southern?
Really????? Doubtful. :122249

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

My sons team played Saint Joe at Ironton. If they can get a little momentum e going before tourney time they have the length and ability to be a hard out. I personally hope they win a few more so we can avoid them. Lol

lawcosportsfan
Waterboy

Post by lawcosportsfan »

Symmesvalley2013 wrote:
lawcosportsfan wrote:Symmes will not be the 2 seed.
Trimble is 7-5 and southern is 6-5 both have better wins than SV
SV is 6-5 and their wins are against teams with a dismal 13-54 record. If it wasn't for green, clay, new boston, and western playing each other there wouldn't be 13 wins. One of the 13 is SG over OVC and they aren't even a OHSAA member school.
Sv's best win is SG and everyone on here is convinced they are the 9 seed.
SV will most likely go 0-3 this next week.
Well i say symmes valley will get the #2 seed. They might go 0-3 this week but so would the 2-8 seed in that sectional. Trimble nor southern has quality wins plus trimble was beat by south gallia and southern was beat by rock hill. Thats the only 2 opponents so far that u can compare and symmes beat both of them. Southern lost to rockill and symmes beat them by 25.
Only two things really matter in seeding. Total wins and quality wins.
The who beat who game can get really ridiculous.
Sv beat Rh by several. Rh beat wellston by 1. Wellston beat athens by 2. Athens beat chesapeake by 13. So rock hill is better than peake and athens. SV must be better than wellston, athens, chesapeake and all the teams they beat. Really? There was a foundation game at chesapeake that really blows that out of the water. This can go on forever. By the the way st. joe beat rock hill, so they are also better than wellston, athens, and chesapeake.
With that all said st. joes win over greenup probably makes them the 1 seed?

By the way SV will have trouble beating rock hill the second time. In the first game rock hill was nervous and had basically zero varsity experience. They are playing better now and SV has had two varsity kids quit the team. One started the Rock hill game and the other came off the bench and scored double figures.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Not sure who quit for Symmes. But, I really think that Symmes(depending on who quit) and St. Joe are better than most here are giving them credit for. I watched them give Oak HIll a battle and the Oaks would easily beat most every team in this sectional. But, I do agree that teams have to beat someone. Playing teams is not enough. Southern plays 7 D3 schools, but most are not power house teams. Eastern Pike has played Oak Hill (lost by 6 or so), beat Piketon and Waverly on consecutive nights, beat Wellston (ok win), and still have West (who is very solid this year) and Zane Trace remaining.

Easter Pike will be the 1 seed. All others are up for grabs imo. But, the TVC coaches have the votes to put teams where they want them just as the SHL coaches on the Valley sectional thread gripe that the SOC has the power. In the end, you have to beat someone sometime to advance.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Congrats to Eastern Beaver according to MaxPreps they have now moved up to #15 in the state at D-4. Keep it up boys your commitment to deffense has turned a 2-2 start into a great first half of the season and a 9-2 record.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

lawcosportsfan wrote:
Symmesvalley2013 wrote:
lawcosportsfan wrote:Symmes will not be the 2 seed.
Trimble is 7-5 and southern is 6-5 both have better wins than SV
SV is 6-5 and their wins are against teams with a dismal 13-54 record. If it wasn't for green, clay, new boston, and western playing each other there wouldn't be 13 wins. One of the 13 is SG over OVC and they aren't even a OHSAA member school.
Sv's best win is SG and everyone on here is convinced they are the 9 seed.
SV will most likely go 0-3 this next week.
Well i say symmes valley will get the #2 seed. They might go 0-3 this week but so would the 2-8 seed in that sectional. Trimble nor southern has quality wins plus trimble was beat by south gallia and southern was beat by rock hill. Thats the only 2 opponents so far that u can compare and symmes beat both of them. Southern lost to rockill and symmes beat them by 25.
Only two things really matter in seeding. Total wins and quality wins.
The who beat who game can get really ridiculous.
Sv beat Rh by several. Rh beat wellston by 1. Wellston beat athens by 2. Athens beat chesapeake by 13. So rock hill is better than peake and athens. SV must be better than wellston, athens, chesapeake and all the teams they beat. Really? There was a foundation game at chesapeake that really blows that out of the water. This can go on forever. By the the way st. joe beat rock hill, so they are also better than wellston, athens, and chesapeake.
With that all said st. joes win over greenup probably makes them the 1 seed?

By the way SV will have trouble beating rock hill the second time. In the first game rock hill was nervous and had basically zero varsity experience. They are playing better now and SV has had two varsity kids quit the team. One started the Rock hill game and the other came off the bench and scored double figures.
Symmes Valley had one varsity kid quit and he didnt get to hardly play. The other kid was a freshmen that never played. Symmes Valley and beaver's strength of schedule is better than any team in this sectional. As far as SV beating rock hill i think will definitely happen AGAIN. When they played Rock Hill the first time a new system was getting in place. SV has too much size and have good guards for Rock Hill. I agree Rock Hill is playing much better but do is SV. SV was down by 4 to Oak Hill late, down 6 to Beaver late, Down by 4 against Coal grove late, and up by 3 late against East. All 4 of those teams are would beat anyone in this sectional right now. Southern's loss to Rock Hill hurts them. But its still early. SV could go 0-3 this week because they are playing 3 great teams but they will not lay down. I am glad to see the HUGE improvements at Symmes Valley this season. By the way, its just an opinion.

celticpride
Freshman Team

Post by celticpride »

Comparing scores is a waste of time. Southern travels over two hours and beats Green by 20. Travels almost two hours to Rock Hill and loses by 3 in a game which I've heard they led throughout and lost the lead with under a minute to go. Can't say Symmes or St. Joe is better than Southern based on that. Probably only one really good team (Eastern Pike) in this sectional and the rest can't really complain about where they end up, and any of them could beat any of the others on any night. I say stay away from 8 or 9 seed and you've got a shot to get out if you play well. Then you've got somebody really good waiting on you at the Convo and you better pick it up a notch to be competitive.

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Agree with you celtic pride, all ISJ fans want is for posters to be consistent in what they are saying and so far they are not.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Bottom line here is we're half way threw the season teams need to start getting it together and building momentum for the tourney. Eastern has a ruff second half schedual so nothing is a lock they have road games at Notre Dame, East, Zane Trace, and home games against Portsmouth West and Symmes so that's 5 tuff games left . If they don't focuse they could play them selves right into a lower seed and get passed by another school.

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

Flying Dutchman I don't think anyone from Southern thinks a 500 season is great but after losing seven seniors it is about where most Southern fans figured we be. Do I think Southern will get a higher seed than ISJ? I sure do after winning five straight sectional championships over the last five years. Three of those Southern was the lower seed. I think that will make a higher seeded team want to avoid them. I don't think Southern is going to complain if they are a 3,4,5,6 or 7. They will except it and show up to play. Other than Eastern Pike who would have a right to complain about seeding?

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

I don't think comparing scores is a waste of time. Especially considering that SJ, SV and Eastern Pike are the only 3 teams in this Sectional that are not part of the TVC. If these teams don't play head-to-head it can be difficult to compare them without looking at games against common opponents. It can't be the only basis for comparison but it is a place to start.

There is still a lot of basketball to be played and the next few weeks will go a long way in determining which teams get which seeds.

My ballot would go like this
1. Eastern Pike
2. Symmes Valley
3. Southern
4. Trimble
5. SJ
6. Waterford
7. Miller
8. South Gallia
9. Eastern Meigs

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Hopper11, I honestly dont care where my Flyers are seeded either because they too will show up and play hard. I respect what Southern has accomplished over the years, I just want posters to give ISJ some credit. People cant say it doesnt matter who you play if you dont win and then turn around and talk about one team playing 7 Div3 teams regardless if they win or lose. Good luck to all the teams and yes I expect to be in that 8/9 game regardless of what my Flyers do from here on based on past drawings.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

BlindWhiteHat wrote: My ballot would go like this
1. Eastern Pike
2. Symmes Valley
3. Southern
4. Trimble
5. SJ
6. Waterford
7. Miller
8. South Gallia
9. Eastern Meigs
Most of you have Miller too low. Here is the TVC-Hocking standings after Tuesdays games:

Federal Hocking (8-1)
Belpre (6-3)
Miller (5-3)
Trimble (5-4)
Southern (5-4)
Waterford (2-5)
Eastern (3-5)
Wahama (2-6)
South Gallia (2-7)

some scores for MIller:

MIller 67, Belpre 58 (at Belpre)
Miller 78, Eastern 42
Miller 63, Trimble 40
MIller 52, Wahama 42 (at Wahama)

They need more wins - but I just don't see them as a 7-seed ... they are better than that.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Symmes with a huge win over Notre Dame congrats.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

I think symmes valley solidifies what kind of team they are becoming. Nice win coach saunders, coach brace, and the vikings!

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Huge win for Symmes. And, St. Joe beat Rock Hill who just beat Southern. Gonna be an interesting tourney draw and tourney games!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

RECORDS UPDATED AFTER 1/15 GAMES: http://trivalleyconference.com/Schedules.html

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Symmes Valley plays (8-3) East today and (8-3) Coal Grove tomorrow. Tough games will help Symmes for a tournament run

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Symmes is starting to click which is scary for everyone else!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

It won't take much to obtain the No. 2 seed ... 12, 13 wins might be enough.

Return to “Boys Basketball”