Vinton County @ South Webster 1/12

Space Cowboy
SEO

Vinton County @ South Webster 1/12

Post by Space Cowboy »

Vikings seem to be progressing along right now but South Webster looks like a solid team.
Any thoughts on how these two will match up?

Lightle04
SE

Re: Vinton County @ South Webster 1/12

Post by Lightle04 »

This will be a great game !! To very good teams.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Strange matchup...but good.

SW has been struggling a bit....but are due to get back on track soon.

I feel VC is better and may win by a dozen...but going with the slight upset. SW by 4

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I agree Ironman I like Webster because of Swords I think he will be a matchup problem for Vinton county.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

The Jeeps will play Valley the night before. Dead legs aren't good

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

That's true there lack of depth might play a huge role.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Will go with Vinton County by 5

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

This will be another big test for VC. I said before, I feel like VC must win 3 out of 4 of their "big" games to have a shot at the 2 seed in the Logan sectional. They lost to Logan Elm by 9 without two starters and have beaten Piketon. This will be the third of the 4 big games. The other being @ Athens. VC has been on a roll as of late. Jordan Kidd is shooting exceptionally well and will need another solid game if VC plans on winning this one. I don't know much about Webster, but from what I hear, they are pretty good. Advantage does go to VC in terms of SW playing on Friday and VC having the night off. The Vikings will have had 3 full days to prepare. Should be a great game to kick off the Beast of Southeast @ Chesapeake Saturday.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

VC by 22 if the news is rumor is true.

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

What is the rumor Swanker??? Looking forward to some great High School basketball Saturday!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Swanker Pine wrote:VC by 22 if the news is rumor is true.

Must be a top player quitting or getting suspended for a bit.

cable_hogue
Waterboy

Post by cable_hogue »

skidaddy wrote:What is the rumor Swanker??? Looking forward to some great High School basketball Saturday!!

The rumor is: That I am starting for South Webster! Maybe I should go by Mr. Turnover!
Where is this school located? Oh, but this game is in CHEESEOPEAKE! I drive a red Jeep too; why would a school name their mascot after an auto maker? Just kiddin'! Actually the picture of the mascot I saw might have came from the old Popeye cartoons; Jeep-Jeep? :lol:

:aaaaa99 "A BIT OF A RATTLE SNAKE"
P.S. I like VC in this one by dbl digits. I sure hated to miss the VC @ Wellston game , but had to work out-of-town :aaaaa18 !

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

i would have to agree with satellite hogiebun all the way, the jeeps won't stand a chance with him starting. And its perfectly suitable to refer to him as Apple TurnOVERWEIGHT.

:aaaaa2

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

Read that Swords did not play tonight. Have not seen him play, but I have heard he is a valuable part of SW's team. How long is he out???

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Indefinitely I'd imagine

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Webster will be dog-tired for tomorrow's game. They didn't have much depth before Swords was out...now they're really going to have to grind out the season. With Vinton County off tonight and fresh legs, VC by 15+. Rough week for the Jeeps is an understatement.*

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

art_vandelay wrote:Webster will be dog-tired for tomorrow's game. They didn't have much depth before Swords was out...now they're really going to have to grind out the season. With Vinton County off tonight and fresh legs, VC by 15+. Rough week for the Jeeps is an understatement.*
What happened to Swords. Very good player?

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

Vinton County wins by 5. They erased the score too quick for me to remember it.
Jeeps played very well considering the circumstances. I know they must miss thier team mate, but they responded very well. They have the ability to make some noise come tounament time. They hung with a very good Vinton County team today after last nights loss.
This team has some grit and anyone who thinks they will just fade away after lossing Swords is mistaken!

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

Great win for the Vikings, hopefully SW will learn to play without Swords. Don't know the situation, but hopefully this young man will make it back this season!!

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Dundas wrote:This will be another big test for VC. I said before, I feel like VC must win 3 out of 4 of their "big" games to have a shot at the 2 seed in the Logan sectional. They lost to Logan Elm by 9 without two starters and have beaten Piketon. This will be the third of the 4 big games. The other being @ Athens. VC has been on a roll as of late. Jordan Kidd is shooting exceptionally well and will need another solid game if VC plans on winning this one. I don't know much about Webster, but from what I hear, they are pretty good. Advantage does go to VC in terms of SW playing on Friday and VC having the night off. The Vikings will have had 3 full days to prepare. Should be a great game to kick off the Beast of Southeast @ Chesapeake Saturday.
Im starting to suspect that both games with Athens will be barnburners and the Vikes also need a good showing against Zane Trace

Return to “Boys Basketball”