Minford @ Valley January 18th

TheNatural
Riding the Bench

Re: Minford @ Valley January 18th

Post by TheNatural »

Looking forward to this one. I'll take the Indians at home as they seem to have the falcons number. 8) 75-71

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

I am going out on a limb and calling for the team who scores the most will win!

eagles 89
Waterboy

Post by eagles 89 »

I think Minford has figured out that McCray is the best player and the offense must go thru him on as many possessions as possible. I look for this to be a very close game and I would think it comes down to who can stay out of foul trouble McCray or Dunn. I would be curious to see how this game is called.........especially for the 2 post players. I think the falcons have an edge at 3 or 4 positions (including bench players) and will come out on top in this one. I would expect Minford to win by 9 after making some free throws at the end.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

eagles 89 wrote:I think Minford has figured out that McCray is the best player and the offense must go thru him on as many possessions as possible. I look for this to be a very close game and I would think it comes down to who can stay out of foul trouble McCray or Dunn. I would be curious to see how this game is called.........especially for the 2 post players. I think the falcons have an edge at 3 or 4 positions (including bench players) and will come out on top in this one. I would expect Minford to win by 9 after making some free throws at the end.
I think you may be right. Minford seems to have began to play team ball and not try to get one player with 30 pts each night. The SOCII could very well come down to the last week of the season and have 2-3 teams fighting it out right down to the last game. This is the most important game of the year so far for Minford (for the SOC as well as sectional seeding).

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley 62
Minford 61

OT

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Minford 62
Valley 61 (2ot)

ou22
Riding the Bench

Post by ou22 »

i will be making a trip from OU to see this one. im taking valley by 8.

KingoftheCourts
Riding the Bench

Post by KingoftheCourts »

It's GAMEDAY Falcons!
Go out there and play hard and bring home a win!

Go Falcons!
Beat Indians! :aaaaa26

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Should be a very good game. Minford is better and should win, but Valley proved the best team doesn't always win. At Valley it will be a battle.

I think the Falcons have to much. Falcons by 10. But, I still would not be shocked if the Indians do it again.

bocephus
Riding the Bench

Post by bocephus »

That type of theme has been expressed about Valley all year in both football and basketball. So I guess please keep on doubting and adding fuel to the fire seems like those Valley boys do best when all the doubters show up!!!!

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

bocephus wrote:That type of theme has been expressed about Valley all year in both football and basketball. So I guess please keep on doubting and adding fuel to the fire seems like those Valley boys do best when all the doubters show up!!!!
You have my vote on the best post of the year thats sums up both of Valleys football and basketball seasons they just dont quit...!!!!

SOCMAN05
Freshman Team

Post by SOCMAN05 »

Won't even be close . Valley at Home and Scott Rolffe nuff said .............

Dr_Know
Riding the Bench

Post by Dr_Know »

Really looking forward to taking this one in, I haven't been to a game for a while... had the flu this past weekend and haven't felt like getting out of the house.

Minford is playing well and have shaken off the early season problems to go on a nice roll. Valley seemed to fight through a few games, winning all but the Oak Hill game, and look to be playing well just in time for this one. The Indians are the one team in the conference with the size to bang with McCray and plenty of athletes to play the Falcons on the perimeter. I think Coach Rolfe and his staff will have the Indians prepared and their depth will be a huge factor. I'm taking the Indians 68-63, in a classic heated battle. This game should be well worth the price of admission! Good luck to both squads!

Falcon Fury
Freshman Team

Post by Falcon Fury »

I'm sure the Falcons are prepared as well. Minford has been playing well together and has finally found their game. Should definitely be worth the price of admission.

TIME TO SHINE FALCONS!!! Play solid boys and stay focused!!

GO FALCONS!

SOCMAN05
Freshman Team

Post by SOCMAN05 »

The last time Minford has beaten Valley was in the Villenger era 2010 since then Valley has reeled off 5 straight wins against the Falcons , there is a reason for that !

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

At the Half:

Valley - 34
Minford - 30

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Halftime Stats:

Individual Scoring:

Minford - Gullion 10, McCray 8, McBee 5, Howard 2, Rowe 3, Barry 2 (McBee held scoreless in the 2nd quarter)
Valley - Dunn 13, Howard 6, West 4, Flowers 3, Brown 3, Roth 2, Holbrook 3

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

End of the Third Quarter:

Valley - 54
Minford - 45

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Minford on a 7-1 spurt

Valley 55
Minford 52

5:00 to go

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Minford opens 4th quarter on a 7 to 0 run.

5:42 left in the game.

Valley - 54
Minford - 52

Return to “Boys Basketball”