Gallia Academy @ River Valley 1/20/2012

bevo
Varsity

Gallia Academy @ River Valley 1/20/2012

Post by bevo »

in a nutshell if gallia can press rv effectively they will win, if rv handles gallia's press rv wins in the half court rv's bigs will dominate gallia's bigs
both teams are turn over machines

simple as that

BlizzardMan
S

Re: Gallia Academy @ River Valley 1/20/2012

Post by BlizzardMan »

This game won't even be close. Gallia Academy by 30 at least. RV is a mess right now.

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

BlizzardMan wrote:This game won't even be close. Gallia Academy by 30 at least. RV is a mess right now.
Have you seen GA? They are not 30 points better than RV. With that said I still think GA wins this one.

Freshman game tonight?

dewdrinker
Freshman Team

Post by dewdrinker »

No freshman game. JV at 6.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

Tubby wrote:
BlizzardMan wrote:This game won't even be close. Gallia Academy by 30 at least. RV is a mess right now.
Have you seen GA? They are not 30 points better than RV. With that said I still think GA wins this one.

Freshman game tonight?
Agreed!
RV just is not getting any guard play at all. Also depends on which team shows up the one who lost last night to Fairland or the one who beat Belpre in the River Classic on a BIG STAGE?? I think these kids have all underacheived the coaches are really puzzled at the lack of focus and competitiveness they have displayed. Says a lot when your best player and leading scorer is a Freshman.
This game is always pretty close, Gallia has more athletes but they lost to a 1-7 Point Pleasant team who has terribly underacheived!
Looking forward to a good clean competitive game as always!

Go Raiders

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

Can't wait to see how the Raiders play tonight....been eager to see them play in an emotional filled environment....might be just what the doctor ordered for their season...which is slipping away very quickly....

GO RAIDERS!!!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

I meant to put 20 not 30. I bet Gallia wins by at least that many. RV will get demolished on the boards.

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

I expect RV to surprise themselves tonight.....i predict a win...by 4

RV 48
GA 44

Breaking the press, turnovers limited, and def reb are the keys....

GA will have to suit up Elcessor if they are to have a chance...lol

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

GA-49
RV-37

Scoring by quarter...RV 8 18 27 37
GA 9 18 35 49

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

I have a question for RV fans. What happened to all of your size??? I watched last year and you had several young kids with lots of size...but now you only have 2 on the varsity and nobody else with any size!!! Also after watching the game..I can't believe that Brayden Grier couldn't play there!!

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

My stats wont be as accurate as Jottings, but here they are....

#4.....4pts, 1-4fg(0-3)3pt, 2-2ft, 2rebs(1 off), 4turns, 2steals
#5.....2pts, 0-5fg(0-2)3pt, 2-2ft, 3rebs(2 off), 4turns, 2steals
#10...4pts, 1-3fg, 2-2ft, 2rebs, 2turns, 2steals
#12...1pt, 0-1fg, 1-4ft, 3reb(1 off), ast, turn
#14...4pts, 1-2fg, 2-3ft, 3rebs(1 off), ast, 4turns
#24...4pts, 1-5fg(0-4)3pt, 2rebs, 2asts, turn
#32...8pts, 4-6fg, 3rebs, 4turns
#54...10pts, 5-10fg, 0-1ft, 8rebs(1 off), ast, 2turns, steal.........HOTHEAD Player of the Game

Team stats.....13-36fg.....0-9 3pt.....11-20fts...26rebs(6 off)....8assists....22turns.....8steals....no charges took..no blks

GA stats....17 Offensive reb......11 turns......13-22fts

Again RV sort of beat themselves with turnovers and allowing extra shots.....didn't score a single pt off in-bounds plays....

Glad to see the gym full, that is the type of atmosphere we need on a nightly basis.....but it will only come if the team starts winning......RV lost the JV game as well.....Good luck to Coach HIll and his staff and players moving forward

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

There are 2 sophomores who didn't come out this year. 6'3 and 6'4 at least. I couldn't tell you why though. RV isn't good enough for Greer's stepdad. Also Lewis left/quit but who knows what his reasoning was.

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

I believe Braden Greer would be a huge asset to RV.....I think he leads the TVC in scoring this year.....crazy to not see him playing....we need a point guard that can score and create....imagine him penetrating and kicking out to Twyman...who is our best shooter....Twyman did not even attempt a 3 tonight.....the scouting report is out on him now and he is going to have to work hard to get more than 2 shot attempts...which is all he had tonight.....McAvena would be the size you are not seeing....He would have made the third big we need to keep our bigs fresh.....he can rebound and we need that...Dovenbarger only had 3def reb tonight.....not enough

gobigblue12
Freshman Team

Post by gobigblue12 »

great win by our blue devils. they kept fighting in front of a good county crowd!!! proud of our seniors

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

Thanks for the info! I was curious about the 2 big kids...they were both really good and with Roberts and Dovenbarger..RV would have a matchup nightmare!!! Greer is very good but also understand about his stepdad being a pain in the a$$!!! Good luck the rest of your season!!!!

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

hoopshothead wrote:I believe Braden Greer would be a huge asset to RV.....I think he leads the TVC in scoring this year.....crazy to not see him playing....we need a point guard that can score and create....imagine him penetrating and kicking out to Twyman...who is our best shooter....Twyman did not even attempt a 3 tonight.....the scouting report is out on him now and he is going to have to work hard to get more than 2 shot attempts...which is all he had tonight.....McAvena would be the size you are not seeing....He would have made the third big we need to keep our bigs fresh.....he can rebound and we need that...Dovenbarger only had 3def reb tonight.....not enough

greer is a decent player he is playing in a totally different world at sg (tvc hocking) than he would be at rv (ovc) i doubt there is a team in the hocking that would come close to getting a win in the ovc. and the problem with what you said is not the penetration it is getting him to kick it to the wing, lol. but remember he has those circus shots!
the 2 bigs you speak of are chris macavena and jordan gilliland, ones taking the year off for football the other is a total mystery? rv guards can't keep the offense going long enough to get the ball to the 2 big men they have, lol. never seen so many dumb forced passes in my life by both teams. sad state for basketball in gallia county overall!

Judge and Jury
Freshman Team

Post by Judge and Jury »

Couldn't resist eastern and southern r both in the hocking if they were both in the ovc southern would have at least one maybe to ovc wins cause they beat rv first time and eastern as bad as they are lost to rv by five without having their two starting post players cook and pullins. So saying the tvc hocking couldn't get wins in the ovc I know of some teams could at least get one or two every yr. Cause they do now gainst r.v. and fed hock with Howie would win games as well. Not knocking the ovc cause there r some great teams but rv didn't do themselves moving to the tvc Ohio they don't beat those teams now in non league games or have they faired well against ne tvc team in their section the past 5- 7 yrs. It's an opinion but a lot of it is based off of rvs record past and present against tvc teams.

mojo
Waterboy

Post by mojo »

Bevo wrote:
hoopshothead wrote:I believe Braden Greer would be a huge asset to RV.....I think he leads the TVC in scoring this year.....crazy to not see him playing....we need a point guard that can score and create....imagine him penetrating and kicking out to Twyman...who is our best shooter....Twyman did not even attempt a 3 tonight.....the scouting report is out on him now and he is going to have to work hard to get more than 2 shot attempts...which is all he had tonight.....McAvena would be the size you are not seeing....He would have made the third big we need to keep our bigs fresh.....he can rebound and we need that...Dovenbarger only had 3def reb tonight.....not enough

greer is a decent player he is playing in a totally different world at sg (tvc hocking) than he would be at rv (ovc) i doubt there is a team in the hocking that would come close to getting a win in the ovc. and the problem with what you said is not the penetration it is getting him to kick it to the wing, lol. but remember he has those circus shots!
the 2 bigs you speak of are chris macavena and jordan gilliland, ones taking the year off for football the other is a total mystery? rv guards can't keep the offense going long enough to get the ball to the 2 big men they have, lol. never seen so many dumb forced passes in my life by both teams. sad state for basketball in gallia county overall!
With the sad state of basketball in gallia county how many wins would this Rv team have in the hocking ?

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

right now they are 2-1 vs hocking teams they beat eastern pretty easily, defeated belpre on a neutral floor. lost to southern at southern in the last few seconds. i really think they could beat every team in the hocking except for fed hock, if they continue to turn the ball over they won't beat teams of their own caliber. the hocking is super weak this year!
rv prob has more talent in the lower grades than anyone in the tvc except maybe athens so we will see what happens? if not for injury i was told they would be playing 4 sophs and 1 freshmen this year most of the time they have more freshmen on jv and varsity who are injured, the 8th grade class is pretty athletic really competitive in every sport with big numbers, the 7th grade prob has the best 7th grader in the ovc this year. the 5th and 6th are totally loaded with size and speed.
we will see

Duckhook
Waterboy

Post by Duckhook »

I doubt they have more talent in the lower grades than Vinton co., Athens, or Alex

Return to “Boys Basketball”