Minford @ Chesapeake 2/5

KingoftheCourts
Riding the Bench

Minford @ Chesapeake 2/5

Post by KingoftheCourts »

BIG game for the Falcons tonight! The next "2" games are very important games, not only for the tournament drawing but Friday's game against West for the SOC standings.
The boys are really playing good right now and will need to keep that pace tonight aganist the Panthers!
Keep playing hard defense and move that ball on offense!

I'll take my Falcons by 10+!

Go Falcons!
Beat Panthers! :aaaaa26
Last edited by KingoftheCourts on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Minford @ Chesapeake 2/5

Post by Bleeding Red »

Chesy is a good team. I believe they are 12-5 on the year. Always a solid program.

Minford will need to limit turnovers and push the ball up the floor. Get the ball to McCray and let McBee and Gullion slash to the rim.

I agree with you King, there needs to be defense like we saw at Northwest. They can be relentless on defense if they play that hard.

Lets go Falcons.

Falcon Fury
Freshman Team

Post by Falcon Fury »

Peake is a very solid team! The Falcons MUST be ready, focused, and prepared! Very important game for the Falcons as they head into tournament draw. In fact, both games this week are important to the Falcons. With West knocking off teams like Valley, the Falcons must also be prepared and focused on Friday night as well. If the Falcons get a good win at West on Friday, they should be looking good going into the tournament draw on Sunday.

So proud of our Falcons! Hard work pays off and I believe each game the Falcons get better and better! Looking forward to a great end to season and a big tournament run for the Falcons! One game at a time boys!

Bring out the solid "D" Falcons and GO FIGHT WIN! TIME TO SHINE FALCONS! Play with intensity!

Falcons tonight by 5+!!

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

Chesapeake 48 Minford 44 - Prediction

PantherPride
Varsity

Post by PantherPride »

Final
Chesapeake 44
Minford 42

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

PantherPride wrote:Final
Chesapeake 44
Minford 42
are you sure this is correct?

PantherPride
Varsity

Post by PantherPride »

marshallman wrote:
PantherPride wrote:Final
Chesapeake 44
Minford 42
are you sure this is correct?

I was there....

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

44-42 Peake is correct.

Quality, quality win for the Peake. Minford is a very aggressive, hard nosed team. Blue collar basketball at the Peake tonight!

Both of these teams are scrappers and not ones you want to see early in Sectionals or District.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Good win for the Peak tonight.

D4hero
Freshman Team

Post by D4hero »

wow.. Minford has sooooo much talent, how do they keep losing???

Falcon Fury
Freshman Team

Post by Falcon Fury »

D4hero wrote:wow.. Minford has sooooo much talent, how do they keep losing???
The Falcons don't keep losing. They are 13-4! WINNING RECORD!

Foul Shots were a big key in tonight's ball game. Hit those and the Falcons win!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Big time "W" for the boyz in Purple & White vs a very good Minford ball club ... congratulations to the 'Peake & Coach Davis ...

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Could potentially be a first round rematch at Jackson...sounded like a great game. Minford has lost 4 games to 3 pretty good teams and people acting like their season is a bust. I don't get it.*

KingoftheCourts
Riding the Bench

Post by KingoftheCourts »

Very good game last night.........if you don't count the refs! Some "very questionable calls" which probably cost the Falcons the victory - but that's in the past now and we need to clear our minds and move on.
The Falcons played hard/in your face defense, and pushed the ball down the floor, but the foul shots just wouldn't go in!

Everyone keeps asking what's wrong with this team? There's nothing wrong with this team! We are 13-4 people! We've lost to 3 good teams and it wasn't like the boys didn't play their hearts out! Right now is time to support the boys!!!!

Something the boys do need on the floor is ...."leadership"! And, I'm not talking about the coach, I mean one of the boys on the floor! Not once in the last 4 games have I seen anyone of them take over and and say "ok boys, let's go - we can do this!" - I thought that's what one of the Seniors or captains would do! That's something we need - especially right now! They need to encourage each other!

We have 3 BIG games coming up that will determine our fate in the SOC standings: Friday @ West, Monday @ Home against Webster, and of course, next Friday @ Oak Hill.
Come Boys! Don't give up on each other! The victories are yours for the taking!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

2 of the refs were fine. One of the ones that I think calls consistent games is Bill Jordan. I dont know who the third one was, but I have seen him several times and he is a j-o-k-e. Bill and the other guy need to find a new partner asap because that clown blows calls Stevie Wonder wouldnt miss every game I watch him ref.

Minford just gave up too many easy buckets last night. The open layup that Peake got at the end of the game was a back breaker. Missed foul shots haunted them too.

Minford is best when pushing the tempo on offense. Peake got right back in the game when Minford started playing at a snails pace and dribbling and passing around the arc.

3 big games coming up. Hopefully they take care of business.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

The Peak are well coached and congrats on the win.

People that ask "what is wrong" with a 13-4 squad fall into 3 camps:
1. Those that have an agenda
2. Those that heard all the "undefeated SOC champ" hype prior to season and are enjoying it.
3. Those that feel Minford's players are better than the teams that are playing them "close" and sometimes upsetting the Falcons.

I discuss alot of basketball around work about Scioto/Pike county teams. I have talked to people in all 3 categories, but most tend to be in #3.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I think the panic is over the fact that Minford has a looseing record against teams with a record better than .500 . They are 3-4 in such games. But people need to relax and not hit the panic button Minford is fine they are going to get a good seed and I think they will get a share of the league title as well. There goin to the CONVO this year you can book your tickets !!

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

lightle04 wrote:I think the panic is over the fact that Minford has a looseing record against teams with a record better than .500 . They are 3-4 in such games. But people need to relax and not hit the panic button Minford is fine they are going to get a good seed and I think they will get a share of the league title as well. There goin to the CONVO this year you can book your tickets !!
They should but it is not a definite Lightle. The Jackson sectional is loaded and the 3-6 or 4-5 matchup (where the Falcons will probably be) will have them playing a team like Valley, Oak Hill, Chesapeak, or maybe West to get out. Some of these teams have shown the ability to beat the Falcons and the others certainly could on any given night.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Eaglesnest wrote:
lightle04 wrote:I think the panic is over the fact that Minford has a looseing record against teams with a record better than .500 . They are 3-4 in such games. But people need to relax and not hit the panic button Minford is fine they are going to get a good seed and I think they will get a share of the league title as well. There goin to the CONVO this year you can book your tickets !!
They should but it is not a definite Lightle. The Jackson sectional is loaded and the 3-6 or 4-5 matchup (where the Falcons will probably be) will have them playing a team like Valley, Oak Hill, Chesapeak, or maybe West to get out. Some of these teams have shown the ability to beat the Falcons and the others certainly could on any given night.
I think most people expected Minford to get a 2-3 seed, but I don't see that as a possibility at this point. lightle has it about right and I see Minford in the 4/5 game against Chesapeake for their first trip to the Convo since 2007.

Falcon Fury
Freshman Team

Post by Falcon Fury »

The Falcons are 13-4! They have had a great season thus far and tied right now for the SOC title.

The Falcons lost as a team...you must hit free throws down the stretch to win ball games. The Falcons had 5 different opportunitites at the foul line and made maybe only 2. Hit the free throws and the Falcons win!

The Falcons will have a good seed for the tournament and expect them at the CONVO.

Eaglesnest (Coach Fitch) and lightle04, you two are always waiting for the opportunity to bash the Falcons. I think I'm sensing a little animosity.

The SOC2 league must be pretty well matched considering there's a 4 way tie right now for the title. I believe it's all about match ups. Minford matches up well with Oak Hill and doesn't match up at all with Valley. My point, any team can be beat on any given night.

Return to “Boys Basketball”