2-11 South Webster at Minford

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Re: 2-11 South Webster at Minford

Post by NewEra »

SOCFAN1430 wrote:
Here4Fun wrote:Thats funny that nobody from Valley is on that list seems how Dunn shut down McCray both times they played and Jordan West is being scouted by a D1 school .....

I think it's amazing that one person knows about all of these players, especially from schools all over the state.

I think you need to take it up with some recruiting website, this has to be a copy and paste

Well clearly..lol I was just trying to make a point that there is plenty of talent in D3... and whoever from Valley.. you are aboslutely correct, Dunn, and West most definitely need to be recognized on that list. Those players were picked for pre season all Ohio I believe, I was just wanting to throw some names out their in relation to talent and Ohio d3. I just don't think it is weaker than in the past, sure maybe no future NBA'rs...but district by district I feel it is similar. Nonethless, lets just roll out the balls and enjoy the ride, after all it is the best time of the year.

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

NewEra wrote:
SOCFAN1430 wrote:
Here4Fun wrote:Thats funny that nobody from Valley is on that list seems how Dunn shut down McCray both times they played and Jordan West is being scouted by a D1 school .....

I think it's amazing that one person knows about all of these players, especially from schools all over the state.

I think you need to take it up with some recruiting website, this has to be a copy and paste

Well clearly..lol I was just trying to make a point that there is plenty of talent in D3... and whoever from Valley.. you are aboslutely correct, Dunn, and West most definitely need to be recognized on that list. Those players were picked for pre season all Ohio I believe, I was just wanting to throw some names out their in relation to talent and Ohio d3. I just don't think it is weaker than in the past, sure maybe no future NBA'rs...but district by district I feel it is similar. Nonethless, lets just roll out the balls and enjoy the ride, after all it is the best time of the year.

Dang, my money was on you being the human encyclopedia of high school basketball haha

pirates09
Waterboy

Post by pirates09 »

buzzkillington wrote:Minford fans are going to say it was a block, SW fans are going to say it was a goaltend. I'm not a fan of either but I was there last night and that was OBVIOUSLY a goaltend. The ball hit the backboard FIRST then the kid pinned it. That no call was a big time game changer. Took the wind right out of SW and Minford capitalized. Not saying SW would have won, but Minford would have been in a dog fight. How the guy missed that goaltend, I will never know!!

Would just like to pass on some HS rule knowledge. I wasnt at game last night so not sure about whether block was goaltending or not BUT OHSAA rules say that just because ball hits backboard its not automatically goaltending. Only when ball is touched in its downward flight or on or above the cylinder. NCAA & NBA its automatic but not by rule in OHSAA

Tinkerhacker
Waterboy

Post by Tinkerhacker »

NFHS Goaltending: Goaltending occurs when a player touches the ball during a field-goal try or tap while it is its downward flight entirely above the basket ring level and has the possibility of entering the basket in flight.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Haha yea obv a copy and paste, hes never heard of majority of those kids, neither have I or any of the rest of us. If they were that good we'd know them. But at least NewEra proved my point about their not being any NBA caliber like in the past. Ergo, talent level in the past is > the talent level now.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Surely someone can get ahold of the video

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Dang, my money was on you being the human encyclopedia of high school basketball haha[/quote]

Haha, with the power of social media and such who knows we could be as familiar with all high school players as we are d1 college sooner rather than later.

Oakgrad
Waterboy

Post by Oakgrad »

Lol, I thought that was the list of kids Minford tried to get to transfer in and didn't last year.

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

Oakgrad wrote:Lol, I thought that was the list of kids Minford tried to get to transfer in and didn't last year.

This coming from an Oak Hill fan?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

No kidding 28 Buck!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

28Buck wrote:
Oakgrad wrote:Lol, I thought that was the list of kids Minford tried to get to transfer in and didn't last year.

This coming from an Oak Hill fan?
Lol

Sheik Yerboutie
Waterboy

Post by Sheik Yerboutie »

Not sure what game you were watching. Dunn deserves to be on that list, no doubt. Even near the top of the list. IMO But to say he "shut down McCray" is the biggest joke I've read on here in a long time. McCray had 15 the second time they played and hardly ever got the ball. He scored just about every time he got the ball.

NewEra
All Conference

Post by NewEra »

Sheik Yerboutie wrote:
Not sure what game you were watching. Dunn deserves to be on that list, no doubt. Even near the top of the list. IMO But to say he "shut down McCray" is the biggest joke I've read on here in a long time. McCray had 15 the second time they played and hardly ever got the ball. He scored just about every time he got the ball.

What d1 school is looking at West?

Return to “Boys Basketball”