CONVO 2013

hoot
Varsity

Re: CONVO 2013

Post by hoot »

Wow. Those are some late starting times Friday. They'll be lucky to start by 9:30 but it still beats not being there or playing elsewhere.

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

;)

Flashing Cursor
Freshman Team

Post by Flashing Cursor »

Never had to worry about this when the Bobcats were losers...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

86Tiger wrote:;)
o.k. so what kind of strings did you pull to make that happen 86Tiger?
you didn't sell your soul did you?

:mrgreen:

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I don't like it. I'll likely miss game 1 of the D3 now. I love the absurdly late times though.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

danicalifornia wrote:I don't like it. I'll likely miss game 1 of the D3 now. I love the absurdly late times though.
I use to LOVE the old schedule when their was only one DII championship game to start CHAMPIONSHIP SATURDAY, two DIV district title games followed, and then three DIII championship games to end the day.
ALL SIX GAMES back-to-back.

Having TWO DII title games makes that almost impossible now - so they moved them to Friday ... which left 5 title games for championship Saturday.
But now that you have the Bobcats messing everything up ... all three divisions are being split up into three different days.

We went from ONE BIG DAY - to three seperate nights.

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

[quote="93Bulldog"][quote="86Tiger"];)[/quote]

o.k. so what kind of strings did you pull to make that happen 86Tiger?
you didn't sell your soul did you?

:mrgreen:[/quote]

I did nothing of the sort ;)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'm guessing the I-Town Maffia had something to do with it, 86Tiger ... they say that group is a 'myth' - but I have experienced first hand that they are in fact real!

My suggestion to anyone walking out of the Convo after the games are over: be weary of any slow moving, full sized vans full of old guys wearing orange & black ...
I wasn't of course- and paid dearly for it.

:)

Jughe@d
Riding the Bench

Post by Jughe@d »

93Bulldog wrote:
danicalifornia wrote:I don't like it. I'll likely miss game 1 of the D3 now. I love the absurdly late times though.
I use to LOVE the old schedule when their was only one DII championship game to start CHAMPIONSHIP SATURDAY, two DIV district title games followed, and then three DIII championship games to end the day.
ALL SIX GAMES back-to-back.

Having TWO DII title games makes that almost impossible now - so they moved them to Friday ... which left 5 title games for championship Saturday.
But now that you have the Bobcats messing everything up ... all three divisions are being split up into three different days.

We went from ONE BIG DAY - to three seperate nights.
You can blame ESPN for that one. For whatever reason, they refuse to play the Ohio/Miami game on their network on Friday night, instead always opting for Kent State/Akron. It's been like that for at least the last 3 years now. So the Ohio/Miami game gets played on STO who likes the later start time (usual is 2PM) for whatever reason.

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

[quote="93Bulldog"]I'm guessing the I-Town Maffia had something to do with it, 86Tiger ... they say that group is a 'myth' - but I have experienced first hand that they are in fact real!

My suggestion to anyone walking out of the Convo after the games are over: be weary of any slow moving, full sized vans full of old guys wearing orange & black ...
I wasn't of course- and paid dearly for it.

:)[/quote]

Too funny!!!!! I know those guys you speak of! ;-)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

lol ... 86Tiger ... they're a riot - spent a lot of time with those fellas back during the Gaigai, Waginger era.

CONVO 2013 PAGE:

I wasn't aware the format for the CONVO 2013 was done incorrectly - it looked fine on my big screen monitor - but not on a labtop ... the issue has been fixed!

please let me know if they're are any more issues ... thanks ... http://trivalleyconference.com/TVCNews.html

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

What happens if the Ohio/Miami game turns into a 4ot classic..the last D4 district game could start at 10:30-11pm? just sayin...

Return to “Boys Basketball”