2/22- Ironton 49 Wheelersburg 39

tubby
Varsity

Re: 2/22- Ironton (18-2) vs Wheelersburg (9-13) @ Jackson H.

Post by tubby »

Does anyone know if Jackson is clearing the gym after this game?

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Tubby wrote:Does anyone know if Jackson is clearing the gym after this game?
Considering the game times are at 5 pm and 8 pm, I would venture to say they are. This was done last year as well. Waverly does not do this because I feel have two levels of upper section bleachers allows more room for those who stay for both games, while at Jackson you must make room for the spectators of the next game. However, I have never understood or been a fan of charging 2 dollars for limited parking at best. Best of Luck to both teams, looking forward to seeing Ironton for the first time this year(hard to believe).

tigerSTRIPEZzz
Riding the Bench

Post by tigerSTRIPEZzz »

Tigers win big. This one will get ugly quick!

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

tigerSTRIPEZzz wrote:Tigers win big. This one will get ugly quick!

I see this game being a 5-7 point game late into the 3rd-4th quarter, until Burg is forced by the time and score to increase tempo.

kram
Varsity

Post by kram »

NewEra wrote:
Considering the game times are at 5 pm and 8 pm, I would venture to say they are. This was done last year as well. Waverly does not do this because I feel have two levels of upper section bleachers allows more room for those who stay for both games, while at Jackson you must make room for the spectators of the next game. However, I have never understood or been a fan of charging 2 dollars for limited parking at best. Best of Luck to both teams, looking forward to seeing Ironton for the first time this year(hard to believe).

Waverly does clear the gym after the sectional final games. I think that is mandated my the OHSAA?

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

KrAm wrote:
NewEra wrote:

Waverly does clear the gym after the sectional final games. I think that is mandated my the OHSAA?
District finals are back to back to back. So I wouldn't think it was a OHSAA issue.

As far as this game goes I think Ironton wins by 20.

NewEra
All Conference

Post by NewEra »

KrAm wrote:
NewEra wrote:

You're right I was thinking about the sectional semi's.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Lots of venues don't charge for every game in the sectionals.It not ohsaa it's greed.

Trojan Man13
Riding the Bench

Post by Trojan Man13 »

wink wrote:
Trojan Man13 wrote:It would be a shame if Ironton only scores 60 on Burg. It'll be a miracle if Burg can put up atleast 40 points. Ironton by atleast 20+. Anything Less will be a shocker.
The REAL miricle would be if Ironton was playing the Trojans on the 22nd since the Trojans lost to the hapless burg on Monday night.. :roll: :roll:

SOUR GRAPES ????
Not even. I have no reason to be "sour". We got outcoached in the final 2 minutes. Easy as that. I'm just saying Burg is too small and Ironton is too big and deep for the Pirates. Ironton could start their 2nd string and still beat Burg. Ironton is basically going to walk into the Convo. Regardless of who they was going to play.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

Trojan Man13 wrote:
wink wrote:
Trojan Man13 wrote:It would be a shame if Ironton only scores 60 on Burg. It'll be a miracle if Burg can put up atleast 40 points. Ironton by atleast 20+. Anything Less will be a shocker.
The REAL miricle would be if Ironton was playing the Trojans on the 22nd since the Trojans lost to the hapless burg on Monday night.. :roll: :roll:

SOUR GRAPES ????
Not even. I have no reason to be "sour". We got outcoached in the final 2 minutes. Easy as that. I'm just saying Burg is too small and Ironton is too big and deep for the Pirates. Ironton could start their 2nd string and still beat Burg. Ironton is basically going to walk into the Convo. Regardless of who they was going to play.
If Ironton does make it to the Convo. On a good night Valley or Minford could keep themselves in the game with Ironton upsets happen all of the time. So Ironton cant have any games like the did against Portsmouth or they will get beat. As for Burg they are going to play Ironton alot harder this time dont count them out just yet........

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I remember I believe a 9-11 Burg team taking on a 20-0 and No. 1 ranked Chesapeake team in the sectional final in 1991 or 92 and knocked them off on there way to the regional championship.

I remember the 2010 Burg team knocking the 1 seed Oak Hill Oaks in the sectional final.

Never say never. That is why they play the games on the court and not on paper.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

EasternDspy wrote:Lots of venues don't charge for every game in the sectionals.It not ohsaa it's greed.
Unfortunately, clearing the gyms is really a necessity because of people not leaving between games. Heck, even at the Convo, I see people in heated conversations every year on who should be sitting where when a game is over and the next crowd is trying to get in the lower section. Now if you want to talk about charging for parking at a high school....

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

I can see a Ironton lead of 15 at the half and just coasting after that.
This is a talented team and will be hard to beat they played some good and talented teams this year and have just improved from day one.
No disrespect to burg but Ironton is a tougher drawl than a lot of teams in the past.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Ironton by 16

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

Ironton 72 Wheelersburg 39

Gus
Freshman Team

Post by Gus »

[quote="Here4Fun"][quote="Trojan Man13"][quote="wink"][quote="Trojan Man13"]It would be a shame if Ironton only scores 60 on Burg. It'll be a miracle if Burg can put up atleast 40 points. Ironton by atleast 20+. Anything Less will be a shocker.[/quote]

SOUR GRAPES ????[/quote]
Not even. I have no reason to be "sour". We got outcoached in the final 2 minutes. Easy as that. I'm just saying Burg is too small and Ironton is too big and deep for the Pirates. Ironton could start their 2nd string and still beat Burg. Ironton is basically going to walk into the Convo. Regardless of who they was going to play.[/quote]

If Ironton does make it to the Convo. On a good night Valley or Minford could keep themselves in the game with Ironton upsets happen all of the time. So Ironton cant have any games like the did against Portsmouth or they will get beat. As for Burg they are going to play Ironton alot harder this time dont count them out just yet........[/quote]

i agree with you, since the ironton and Valley game was so close last time they played!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NewEra
All Conference

Post by NewEra »

That was at the beginning of the year....

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

LET'S GO FIGHTING TIGERS STAY FOCUSED , 1 GAME AT A TIME. EVERYBODY IS GOOD FROM HERE OUT.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

AND TRUST ME, THE ORANGE PIRATES WANT NOTHING MORE THAN TO SHOOT DOWN THE FIGHTING TIGER'S BARGE.
YOU YOUNGUN'S MUST NOT LET THEM

Gus
Freshman Team

Post by Gus »

NewEra wrote:That was at the beginning of the year....
Oh, ok that makes a difference. I guess we will have to wait and see!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Return to “Boys Basketball”