Record Setting Coach

Ontheriver
Freshman Team

Record Setting Coach

Post by Ontheriver »

Does any one know if Jackson's BB coach will get a contract renewal?

Also was that a record loosing season for Jackson?

I've got to say though that score last night was a step in the right direction, maybe they will consider a contract renewal.

Good news the misery is over.

Cheers to those who stuck it out.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Record Setting Coach

Post by danicalifornia »

It technically has to be a record setting # of losses. Outside of Chapman, there hasn't been a whole lot of talent around the Ironman basketball program for a while, but I do think that they need some stability, whether it's with the current coach or someone new, I don't know.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

danicalifornia wrote:It technically has to be a record setting # of losses. Outside of Chapman, there hasn't been a whole lot of talent around the Ironman basketball program for a while, but I do think that they need some stability, whether it's with the current coach or someone new, I don't know.
Made what??? 3 trips to the districts in 35 years? 1 league title in 35 plus years.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

maybe phil howard can take over and turn the program around.

bump in the road
Waterboy

Post by bump in the road »

What is Howards record in his years in coaching
I know he did well with a Western team. But how did he do at Piketon with the likes of Unioto, SE, Zane Trace ect..?

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Howard will have success because of players. Bob Knight wouldn't of won this year.

bump in the road
Waterboy

Post by bump in the road »

Just wondering....I have no knowledge of coach Howard
Is he the next great coach to hit jackson, ohio
It seems like he must know what he is doing....EVERYone who posts seems to think so

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

i don't care who the coach is, u can't win without some talent, it takes a village. if u want to win get everyone on board and on the same page at all levels. may not win championships but u can become competitive. i have a friend of mine who has a boy on a high school team and he thinks the coach is an idiot and tells everyone who will listen. his kid plays and plays a lot but this kid hears this from his dad on a daily basis, how can he have any respect for his coach when all he ever hears is negativity. i now stay out of it because it is a lost cause to try and change his mind. u may think your coach is an idiot but try to hide it from your kid.
ps. your coach might think you are an idiot as well.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

The starter of this thread needs to get a life! People like you have made Jackson basketball what it is today, and parental involvement has contributed to way more problems than they have helped. Those kids, improved over the course of the season, and Coach Kight gave an honest effort and did so with intergity and patients.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

+1000^^^^

sportslifelove
Freshman Team

Post by sportslifelove »

Pol Pot wrote:The starter of this thread needs to get a life! People like you have made Jackson basketball what it is today, and parental involvement has contributed to way more problems than they have helped. Those kids, improved over the course of the season, and Coach Kight gave an honest effort and did so with intergity and patients.

No wonder they struggled playing with "patients" on the court! LOL

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

sparky wrote:i don't care who the coach is, u can't win without some talent, it takes a village. if u want to win get everyone on board and on the same page at all levels. may not win championships but u can become competitive. i have a friend of mine who has a boy on a high school team and he thinks the coach is an idiot and tells everyone who will listen. his kid plays and plays a lot but this kid hears this from his dad on a daily basis, how can he have any respect for his coach when all he ever hears is negativity. i now stay out of it because it is a lost cause to try and change his mind. u may think your coach is an idiot but try to hide it from your kid.
ps. your coach might think you are an idiot as well.
You are dead non Sparky. The child comes home and listens to the parents who sit and watch one game and know evertything that is going on in practice with attitudes and hustle and everything else. Then proceeds to bash the coach. I told my brother in law that for years. His son was a role player, but in his eyes never got enough playing time. Every chance he got he talked negatively of the coach. If his son wanted more playing time, he needed to earn it. And with the seed the parent was planting in the kids head, he was never going to respect and work harder to earn that spot. Because the coach was an idiot. In the end, he rode the pine even more his senior year. I don't think parents understand the big picture. You may not like the coach, but he is the coach and has the final say on who plays and who sits. So if he or she needs more playing time, they had better work at it and try to take it from someone ahead of them. kind of like life and a job huh? I believe it is a great teaching moment for the parents. Go out and earn that spot! You may not like your boss, but he's the one that signs your checks. If you want a raise or advancement, you work harder than the guy around you and take it! Sports and Life can mirror each other in many ways.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Yeah....sparky knows

Mr.T
Waterboy

Post by Mr.T »

Out of Bounds... so true with life

Return to “Boys Basketball”