Crooksville(12-12) vs Minford(19-4) 3/2 @ Convo

mglight88
SE

Re: Crooksville(12-12) vs Minford(19-4) 3/2 @ Convo

Post by mglight88 »

Crooksville has a really good team, Falcons could have pulled this off with a better percentage of free throws (6-15) I think what Roger reported. Minford says goodbye to five seniors: Austin McBee, Evan Howard, Sean Berry, Eli Duduit and Zach Farrar. Hats off to these seniors. You will be missed. However for the future Falcons, the cupboard is not bare. Jared McCray, Cody Stapleton returns as senior starters. Kenton Gullion (Jr) returns and Brandon Rowe (So) among others from the Junior Varsity program that finished the season with a 17-4 record. Also the 8th grade boys team won the county tourney. Future looks great for Minford next several years.

High Plains Drifter
Freshman Team

Post by High Plains Drifter »

Good season Falcons!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I knew Crooksville had one of the better D3 teams and I thought they got screwed at Athens draw. Congrats to the ceremics

D4hero
Freshman Team

Post by D4hero »

Wow! I can't believe that. Minford lost to a team that wasnt even .500! Sounds like Crooksville had this team scouted, great job by the Crooksville Coach!

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Crooksville plays in a very tough conference. The record for the Ceramics doesn't dictate there play. Many D2 schools on their schedule. However, a better percentage of free throws on Minford's part and the Falcons would be playing Piketon for the district championship. The Redstreaks, victors over the Valley Indians will have a tough time next week with this team.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

They make some tough Ceramic in Crookesville. Won't be an easy out for anyone. Impressive team.like the Lawson kids game.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Soc co champs done!!!!!

Minford underachieved if you ask me.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

mglight88 wrote:Crooksville plays in a very tough conference. The record for the Ceramics doesn't dictate there play. Many D2 schools on their schedule. However, a better percentage of free throws on Minford's part and the Falcons would be playing Piketon for the district championship. The Redstreaks, victors over the Valley Indians will have a tough time next week with this team.
Very good post. Free throws were a killer. I don't know how many they missed but it had to be close to 15.

They let an opponents big man stay in the game with 4 fouls throughout the fourth quarter without fouling him out twice this year. At South Webster and today. They paid the price both times.

Hold your heads high boys it was a very good season.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Hate to hear area schools losing! The future looks good for Minford and Lucasville! There should be a lot of good bball for a few years between these schools. Experience is the best teacher. Both schools will regroup and be tougher next year! Nice year Falcons!

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Wow was I wrong about this one. Good call to the guy that said Crooksville was capable. Minford def underachieved this year. You can call it a good season, but I wouldn't. The Rowe kid has to regret transferring now. Should have stayed at EP where they are going to make a deeper tourney run no doubt. Not sure what the big thing about Minford was to them going there but tough decision to make. I think losing McBee is HUGE. Stapleton isn't anywhere near McBee and Rowe isn't there yet, if he'll ever be. McCray is about to go big time in football I wouldn't be surprised if he just focuses on football which he should

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Anything can happen in tourney time I guess. After Minford upset my panthers I thought for sure it was a guaranteed district title for them. Very tough

popeyes
Waterboy

Post by popeyes »

Minford UNDERACHEIVED plain and simple. Second most talented team in the district besides Ironton in all divisions. Yes McBee will be missed.

Falcon Fury
Freshman Team

Post by Falcon Fury »

There is NO WAY Minford underachieved this year! The team hadn't won an SOC since 1995 and hadn't won a Sectional since 2006-2007, I believe. This Minford team achieved two great goals that were not attainable since 1995 & 2006-2007 seasons. Not only did they ACHIEVE two goals, this team went 19-5, a season record that hasn't been attainable in years!

I can't believe ignorant fools can say they underachieved! These kids have gotten better each year as their record has improved each year! It's pretty terrible that the Falcon team has 5 seniors that no longer have a high school career and people from other schools and even some of Minford's own fans want to get on here and put these kids down. How about Congratulating them on their ACCOMPLISHMENTS this season!!!

Based on the information that I've just stated, what would it take for this team not to underachieve? I guess to go undeafeated and win the state? If the Falcons played in DIV like South Webster, we could blow teams like New Boston out of the water to get to the Regionals or even State! DIII by far is the toughest division to play in with great equally matched teams (with the exception of Ironton this year).

The Falcon Seniors will be missed and CONGRATULATIONS to the Falcons on their ACCOMPLISHMENTS this season!!

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Is everyone supposed to feel bad for you bc you're DIII? It was your fans own expectations that made this season an underachievement. Maybe it wasnt if you're satisfied to just get to the Convo. And SW doesn't play NB to get to regionals or state. That was obv a sectional game. Dumb comment!!

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I don't tend to post a whole lot on here anymore, but I have to disagree with Falcon Fury. I think it's quite clear that Minford underachieved. They returned key players this year and added a few transfers. Several Minford people on here were talking about how 'great' this team is. On top of that, many in SE Ohio believed that Minford and Ironton were the two most talented teams in Division 3 in this area. Yet, they couldn't even get out of the District Semifinal against a team that wasn't even .500.

The Division 4 argument is silly. If Warren was Division 3 they'd crush teams. OJ Mayo's North College Hill teams could have challenged for the Division 1 title but were in Division 3. The argument goes both ways. You guys are a Division 3 school, don't compare yourself to other divisions. How teams finish in the TOURNAMENT are what most teams base season success off of, accept the fact that you guys underachieved and move on.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Minford has the second most talented team behind ironton. in all losses the coaching staff didn't adjust. nothing against the kids because they played their hearts out.

1.) how do you keep letting one shooter beat you? against Peake they put justice in to cover and shut down their hot hand. but not till the 3rd quarter. same thing against crooksville. finally in the 3rd justice came in to guard the kid. they put justice on the bench and the kid started knocking down 3s again.

2.) when the competitions big men has 4 fouls at the start of the 4th, you get him out of the game as quick as possible. that didn't happen.

3.) does anyone understand Minford being down by 5 with a minute and a half left and wasting 30 seconds dribbling around the top of the key? yet we have seen this several times before.

this loss falls on the coaches. sure the misses free throws hurt the falcons and that isn't coaching. but to allow a kid to hit three after three on you is crazy. especially to leave a good defender on the bench and continue to let the kid light it up

teams with the talent of mcbee, mccray, gullion etc don't come around every year. it's too bad that their run stopped saturday. but the coaching insanity was bound to catch up with them again sooner or later.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

It doesn't matter whether they under achieved or not, but no way was Crookesville more talented than Minford. But, the Ceramics showed up to play, and the Falcons looked bored at times. I do agree with Badboy about the dribbling when they were down, and not sending the ball into McCray to get the big kid fouled out. I didn't get that. At the minimum they should have gotten a District Title.

Bear42
Freshman Team

Post by Bear42 »

Minford the 2nd most talented team behind Ironton hahahaha.
Now that's funny right there. I don't care who ya are lol.
I would take Warren (without a doubt), Piketon, Eastern Brown and Valley all before Minford. Be happy Falcon fans. Best of luck to your Seniors and Congrats on a GREAT year.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

POPEYES wrote:Minford UNDERACHEIVED plain and simple. Second most talented team in the district besides Ironton in all divisions. Yes McBee will be missed.
You are absolutely delusional!!!!! either that or on drugs. Absolutely NOTHING against Minford, but to say they are the 2nd most talented, in all divisions is not fair to the Minford athletes and coaches. They had a nice season, but they cannot touch the talent level that sitting in the DII ranks with MT, Athens, Warren, VC. That's just another level right now.

B0UNCE
Riding the Bench

Post by B0UNCE »

Minford did have a very talented basketball team and had a very good season with a great group of kids. In several posters opinions an hard truth the Falcons were picked to do better. Good luck to the graduating seniors.

Return to “Boys Basketball”