Logan Elm vs Miami Trace...thoughts?

warrior90
Varsity

Re: Logan Elm vs Miami Trace...thoughts?

Post by warrior90 »

MT 43
LE 40

56 sec left

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Free throws destroyed LE down the stretch. Had tied it at 38 with 3 mins left and the ball. Missed a front end, but still got it back underneath and turned it over on the inbounds for a leak out bucket. Never got it closer than that and they never led.

mray23
All Conference

Post by mray23 »

MT 48
LE 41
FINAL

mray23
All Conference

Post by mray23 »

MT gave LE every chance to win this game...imo the game shouldn't have been that close. MT had 18 turnovers in the 2nd half.

mray23
All Conference

Post by mray23 »

Game stats from WCHO

MT-12-12-8-16--48
LE-8-5-13-15--41

MT:
C. Pettiford 14
Baldwin 12
Smith 9
Brust 8
Schoelkopf 4
Decker 1

FG's...17/36 47% 3's...4/7 57%
FT's...10/16 62%
25 TO's

LE:
Thompson 15
Young 9
Congrove 6
Tyler 4
Heeter 4
Artrip 3

FG...14/57 24% 3's...4/21 19%
FT's...9/16 56%
14 TO's

i don't know what the rebs were but LE had to dominate that stat especially offensive rebs. offensive rebs + MT turnovers gave LE 21 more shots than MT.

thill2010
JV Team

Post by thill2010 »

What's everyone's thoughts on next year's Logan Elm team?? Can they make a run @ the regionals or maybe even state?

thill2010
JV Team

Post by thill2010 »

LE should've never lost to MT after beating WCH pretty badly doing the season. Logan Elm basketball really isn't what it used to be. Where are the ball screens and back door cuts and good 3 point shooting and solid defense?

thill2010
JV Team

Post by thill2010 »

There's no leadership on and off the court. Things need to change @ LE

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

thill2010 wrote:LE should've never lost to MT after beating WCH pretty badly doing the season. Logan Elm basketball really isn't what it used to be. Where are the ball screens and back door cuts and good 3 point shooting and solid defense?
They gave up 48 points! That's good defense. FT shooting and just cold shooting overall doomed them tonight.

They will be fine next season with the entire team back. Wait...are you calling for Stiverson's head?

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

danicalifornia wrote:Free throws destroyed LE down the stretch. Had tied it at 38 with 3 mins left and the ball. Missed a front end, but still got it back underneath and turned it over on the inbounds for a leak out bucket. Never got it closer than that and they never led.
Yes, free throw shooting at crunch time, as well as the very, very poor FG shooting all game. Nevertheless it was tied at 38, but then down only 40-38 Logan Elm used very risky strategy to foul with stlll 2:02 left, and send Pettiford to the line for the one and bonus, and he made two, getting it up to a 4 pt. lead for MT.

thill2010
JV Team

Post by thill2010 »

No I'm not I just think there needs to be more leadership on and off the court. The boys should be having fun instead of looking lost on the court. When MT pressed tonight it looked like LE had never seen it before and wasn't looking up.

thill2010
JV Team

Post by thill2010 »

LE needs one or 2 more pieces to compete with Athens and Warren and even Vinton County

Been B&B
Riding the Bench

Post by Been B&B »

Doug Stiverson is one of the best coaches in the state of Ohio and I am not his dad. Just calling it like it is and I am not an LE fan. I was at the game and I thought LE handled the press the way it should be. MT played a 3/4 court press which is designed for you to rush into traps and make long passes that can be picked off. I believe LE had fewer turnovers than MT tonight.. they just didn't make their free throws down the stretch... Pretty simple.. I paid my money and watch two well-coached teams square off and I was not cheated... By the way if you want to get rid of Stiverson..schools will line up to take him off your hands.. I promise that!!!

thill2010
JV Team

Post by thill2010 »

LE needs another scorer to complement Young and Thompson

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Logan Elm didn't play well enough - couldn't hit shots and free throws. This team isn't as deep as those district title teams folks remember or the two district runner-up teams. This is a team that needs to get turnovers and get in transition, to speed the game up. They struggle at times running the half-court offense, like in the first half. They couldn't get the ball to the basket, and threw up a lot of threes.

There is always next year. Everyone is back and I'm sure the kids will work hard and take the next step.

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Been B&B wrote:Doug Stiverson is one of the best coaches in the state of Ohio and I am not his dad. Just calling it like it is and I am not an LE fan. I was at the game and I thought LE handled the press the way it should be. MT played a 3/4 court press which is designed for you to rush into traps and make long passes that can be picked off. I believe LE had fewer turnovers than MT tonight.. they just didn't make their free throws down the stretch... Pretty simple.. I paid my money and watch two well-coached teams square off and I was not cheated... By the way if you want to get rid of Stiverson..schools will line up to take him off your hands.. I promise that!!!
You ain't kidding,I'll take him in Chillicothe Blue!!!!

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Coach Stiverson and his staff do a very nice job. Some years things just don't happen as well as you want them. I'm sure the players and coaches believed they could go further, but this is the time to examine the areas you need to work on to try and get there next season. We know Warren and Athens will still be very tough.

thill2010
JV Team

Post by thill2010 »

Some of the teams that LE beat this season are playing for District titles and why the hell isn't LE one of them???!!! Makes me think that it's more about coaching than the players playing the game

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

thill2010 wrote:Some of the teams that LE beat this season are playing for District titles and why the hell isn't LE one of them???!!! Makes me think that it's more about coaching than the players playing the game
How about this thought process? Stiverson gets his players to play closer to their potential more than other coaches during the regular season, and therefore they win more games vs. those that have more potential than they do during the regular season. Then when the other teams reach tourney time, they buckle down and play closer to their potential than they have most of the regular season and prevail more. So to me it is more of a potential issue than a coaching issue.

thill2010
JV Team

Post by thill2010 »

That could be but it's been 2 years now that LE hasn't reached a District final or regional

Return to “Boys Basketball”