Freshman Team

Re: All-S.O.C. Teams

Post by little doggy »

co -players at the least

GOINDIANS
Freshman Team

Post by GOINDIANS »

If you talk to fans around the league minford is the most hated among fan groups. So many people have had bad dealings with minford that I think it lingers in these decisions. Hate it for the mcbee kid because i dont think it is fair. You reap what you sow as a fanbase.

Falcon Fury
Freshman Team

Post by Falcon Fury »

Like the Falcon fans or hate them...that should not weigh any amount on choosing an award for an athlete. I will say that I have witnessed some of the Falcon fans being ridiculous. McBee or any player does not control the fans. Regardless, that should not ever determine if a player gets POY or any award for that matter.

Bottom Line is McBee got screwed by SOC II coaches who have personal vendettas against such a talented kid! Jealousy being the start of them. What goes around comes around! KARMA BABY!

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Why in the world would coaches have personal vendettas against a kid? That seems like a self-created conspiracy theory. Here's the thing Falcon Fury, the coaches see every single team in the league ATLEAST twice, and have to create game plans in an attempt to win against them. As a fan you watch Minford play and know more about Minford than any other team. The coaches know more about basketball than you, period. They obviously believed that Dunn was the MVP of the league. As in, most valuable player to HIS team. Not the leading scorer, maybe not even the leading rebounder, but the MOST VALUABLE to his team. Sure, Valley has talent, but perhaps the coaches believed Valley would lose way more by losing Dunn than Minford would with McBee. Heck, I bet some could argue that McCray was the most valuable player on Minford because when he got going Minford was awfully tough to beat.

Just can't agree with you that there were personal vendettas against a kid. Hayden Dunn won the MVP, congratulate the KID, and quit attempting to create conspiracy theories against your beloved Minford.

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

bbjunky81 wrote:Why in the world would coaches have personal vendettas against a kid? That seems like a self-created conspiracy theory. Here's the thing Falcon Fury, the coaches see every single team in the league ATLEAST twice, and have to create game plans in an attempt to win against them. As a fan you watch Minford play and know more about Minford than any other team. The coaches know more about basketball than you, period. They obviously believed that Dunn was the MVP of the league. As in, most valuable player to HIS team. Not the leading scorer, maybe not even the leading rebounder, but the MOST VALUABLE to his team. Sure, Valley has talent, but perhaps the coaches believed Valley would lose way more by losing Dunn than Minford would with McBee. Heck, I bet some could argue that McCray was the most valuable player on Minford because when he got going Minford was awfully tough to beat.

Just can't agree with you that there were personal vendettas against a kid. Hayden Dunn won the MVP, congratulate the KID, and quit attempting to create conspiracy theories against your beloved Minford.
So your saying POY goes to the player regardless of grade / SOC Champion / or any stat what so ever ??? It's about what Kid that any team can't afford to lose ???? Wow im sure every coach feels they have a nominee for that position and should be considered for POY !!! And didn't know that an avg of 21 points per game thru out the season means nothing to that team ??? Or isn't considered as VALUABLE to that team !! You can try all you want to twist this and make it sound as if these coaches voted with honesty and integrity but I believe any observer of games thru out this year in the SOC 2 knows better . And by your remarks you watched your fare share .. Believe what you want but falcon fury , Hoggy , myself and many many others know he got snubbed of an award he more than deserved with his play on the court his senior year !!!

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Why would it HAVE to go to a senior? And I don't think you guys know he got snubbed for fact. I feel it's solely just opinions. Is McBee going to college to play anywhere??

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

91Grad wrote:
bbjunky81 wrote:Why in the world would coaches have personal vendettas against a kid? That seems like a self-created conspiracy theory. Here's the thing Falcon Fury, the coaches see every single team in the league ATLEAST twice, and have to create game plans in an attempt to win against them. As a fan you watch Minford play and know more about Minford than any other team. The coaches know more about basketball than you, period. They obviously believed that Dunn was the MVP of the league. As in, most valuable player to HIS team. Not the leading scorer, maybe not even the leading rebounder, but the MOST VALUABLE to his team. Sure, Valley has talent, but perhaps the coaches believed Valley would lose way more by losing Dunn than Minford would with McBee. Heck, I bet some could argue that McCray was the most valuable player on Minford because when he got going Minford was awfully tough to beat.

So your saying POY goes to the player regardless of grade / SOC Champion / or any stat what so ever ??? It's about what Kid that any team can't afford to lose ???? Wow im sure every coach feels they have a nominee for that position and should be considered for POY !!! And didn't know that an avg of 21 points per game thru out the season means nothing to that team ??? Or isn't considered as VALUABLE to that team !! You can try all you want to twist this and make it sound as if these coaches voted with honesty and integrity but I believe any observer of games thru out this year in the SOC 2 knows better . And by your remarks you watched your fare share .. Believe what you want but falcon fury , Hoggy , myself and many many others know he got snubbed of an award he more than deserved with his play on the court his senior year !!!

Do you watch basketball outside of Minford basketball? Here's a perfect example.. Do you have any idea who won ACC Player of the Year this year? Erick Green of Virginia Tech. Any idea what place Virginia Tech finished in the ACC? Dead last. Need I say more?

Falcon Fury
Freshman Team

Post by Falcon Fury »

91Grad wrote:

I agree 100%! BBJunky81, I have been around ball all of my life, seen every team in the SOC, I know bball. I have never seen any grown man, coach, someone that's supposed to mentor our children screw a kid. It happened this year to McBee. Just read other posts, they all know too! You know what they say about Karma.

timeout
Riding the Bench

Post by timeout »

Hate to see something like this happen,McBee was very deserving of this award

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

bbjunky81 wrote:
91Grad wrote:

Do you watch basketball outside of Minford basketball? Here's a perfect example.. Do you have any idea who won ACC Player of the Year this year? Erick Green of Virginia Tech. Any idea what place Virginia Tech finished in the ACC? Dead last. Need I say more?
Yep I sure do.. Have watched many different area teams for many years ... Seen alot of good games and some good athletes over those years I might add as well... So now we are comparing the SOC 2 high school ball and coaches to college ball and coaches ??? Well I do watch college ball as well and let me say this my bracket this year is as screwed as what McBee got handed him this year.. Heres a question since we are making comparison to college and what happened this year.. Who was the last Under Classman to win POY OUTRIGHT and did not win the league in SOC 2 ?? There have been many CO POY's over the years due to teams sharing the SOC or a very good senior player that may have not won the SOC but coaches felt he deserved POY for his play.. But dont remeber an Underclassman winning POY outright and not winning the SOC.. As the saying goes It is what it is but there is NO justification for what happened this year in the voting for POY..

Bear42
Freshman Team

Post by Bear42 »

Does anyone know how close the voting was?

Also POY (Player of the Year) and MVP (Most Valuable Player) can be looked at in two different ways.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Yep I sure do.. Have watched many different area teams for many years ... Seen alot of good games and some good athletes over those years I might add as well... So now we are comparing the SOC 2 high school ball and coaches to college ball and coaches ??? Well I do watch college ball as well and let me say this my bracket this year is as screwed as what McBee got handed him this year.. Heres a question since we are making comparison to college and what happened this year.. Who was the last Under Classman to win POY OUTRIGHT and did not win the league in SOC 2 ?? There have been many CO POY's over the years due to teams sharing the SOC or a very good senior player that may have not won the SOC but coaches felt he deserved POY for his play.. But dont remeber an Underclassman winning POY outright and not winning the SOC.. As the saying goes It is what it is but there is NO justification for what happened this year in the voting for POY..[/quote]

I am not sure what you are implying here, but Valley did win the league.

Congrats to Hayden and Scott.

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

Crab's brother wrote:Yep I sure do.. Have watched many different area teams for many years ... Seen alot of good games and some good athletes over those years I might add as well... So now we are comparing the SOC 2 high school ball and coaches to college ball and coaches ??? Well I do watch college ball as well and let me say this my bracket this year is as screwed as what McBee got handed him this year.. Heres a question since we are making comparison to college and what happened this year.. Who was the last Under Classman to win POY OUTRIGHT and did not win the league in SOC 2 ?? There have been many CO POY's over the years due to teams sharing the SOC or a very good senior player that may have not won the SOC but coaches felt he deserved POY for his play.. But dont remeber an Underclassman winning POY outright and not winning the SOC.. As the saying goes It is what it is but there is NO justification for what happened this year in the voting for POY..
I am not sure what you are implying here, but Valley did win the league.

Congrats to Hayden and Scott.[/quote]
Yes I am aware that Valley and Minford both won the league title.. Congrats to both schools and coaches ...
bbjunky81 was making an example that a player in college in the ACC division that his team finished dead last in the league but still won the POY as a comparison to the SOC 2 POY .. I was stating that if he wanted to make that comparison then when was the last time an underclassman that did not win the SOC won the POY outright ? Thats all I was implying.. So your saying McBee did not deserve at least co player ?

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

bballin wrote:
Buckeye24 wrote:
91Grad wrote:This was the biggest shaft/ conspiracy in my honest opinion I have ever seen in the SOC 2 POY.. The coaches that robbed this fine young man of an award he more than deserved to at least share should feel really good as Adults doing this to a Kid.. Dunn is good player not saying that he isnt in any way, but to not share POY with Austin McBee is a joke !!
McBee - Senior ... 21.3 avg ppg.... Co SOC 2 Champs..
Dunn - Junior ... 15 avg ppg... Co SOC 2 Champs ..

Congrats for looking really dumb in this vote and decision coaches !!
I haven't really followed either team this year, but PPG is only one factor of many to determine a player of the year. You can't use that statistic by itself to prove a point here.
Stats.. Well one is a point gaurd (McBee ) and the other a post player ( Dunn) .. So if you want to look at individual stats my guess is Dunn has a better rebounding percentage and McBee has a better assists and steals percentage.. So that favors McBee 3 to one in the stats... But say you make whatever case for Dunn that he deserves this award ok they come out even and both great players in the SOC in 2012/13.. Both share the SOC title... Now here is where its odd McBee a SENIOR and Dunn a Junior. Would the nod not go to the Senior in his final year of High School ball ??? And not to even share it at all ??? Which in my opnion McBee should have won it outright... Cmon Man it dont take a rocket scientist to figure what conspired here..
I didn't say nothing went on. All I said was PPG is only one statistic of many.

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

I can agree that PPG is not the only statistic that matters. However if we actually knew what all the other stats were for these 2 players what would it tell us.

Dunn likely averaged 8-9 rebounds and McBee probably went for 3-4 assists and a steal or two a night. Let's call this a wash cause I doubt any of us really know what all the stats are for these two players. So we have to go off the PPG as well as the fact that SOC coaches for years and years have given the nod to the senior and rightfully so.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

All info may be correct but one thing that is discounted in the vote is the attitude and what the voters think of the attitude of the player. I knew when the vote was taken who was not going to win it. Valuable lesson to teach young players.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

From what I heard you can't blame the injustice on Waverly or West. Apparently a 5-3 vote.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Embarrasing..McBee obviously deserved the award..atleast share it! He was the best player in the league.

Bear42
Freshman Team

Post by Bear42 »

smurray wrote:From what I heard you can't blame the injustice on Waverly or West. Apparently a 5-3 vote.
One school could've made the difference then. It could've been a 4-4 vote had that school voted for the other player.

I heard the voting was worse than that though.

In a couple of years that award won't mean anything. I understand the disappointment, but McBee should feel very proud of his individual and team accomplishments. Anyone know what is plans are after high school?

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

RxBurgFan wrote:All info may be correct but one thing that is discounted in the vote is the attitude and what the voters think of the attitude of the player. I knew when the vote was taken who was not going to win it. Valuable lesson to teach young players.
SO as Adult coaches regardless of talent and avg stats on the year and winning the SOC and being a senior if we dont like your attitude KID then we are not voting for you .. Who looks like the dumb one in that ????? So yes there was personel issues and vandettas amongst adult coaches that conspired to screw McBee out af an award he deserved for the simple fact I dont like you... Thats a digrace to the game of High School Basketball and the SOC ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”