(poll) Pfloyd's Elite 8 (final edition) - Tournament Thread

of the Elite 8 teams - which one will be the 'last team standing'?

Total votes: 0

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: (poll) Pfloyd's Elite 8 (final edition) - Tournament Thr

Post by pfloyd »

... doors open at 1:30 ... have my Warren T-Shirt ready to go on ... almost time to head down Rt. 33 ... have to get the good parking spot, save Bill a seat in the Cheap Seats , grab my complimentary $3 Soft Pretzel (no salt) , $3 water, have my Speedway Twizzlers ... need to fill out the napkin stat sheets yet ... Best of luck to both squads for ANOTHER great game to watch ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I'm pacing the floor here in the Land of the Purple ... Mrs. Pfloyd just told me to get out of the house before I drive her nuts LOL ... I'm pacing, the dogs are pacing with me ... time to load up ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote:... I'm pacing the floor here in the Land of the Purple ... Mrs. Pfloyd just told me to get out of the house before I drive her nuts LOL ... I'm pacing, the dogs are pacing with me ... time to load up ...

I think you should let Schooner go with you today ... I'm sure he would enjoy some twizzlers, a pretzel and some hoops action ... lol

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

trojandave wrote: If the Warriors can win this game, it will be the 4th trip to the State for the SEOAL in the last 6 years.

2008: Chillicothe D2 State Champions
2011: Portsmouth D3 State Semifinalist
2012: Portsmouth D3 State Runnerup
2013: Warren D2 ... going to the show ... YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!
... trojandave had his own Ouija Board mojo going on this one ... great Napkin Stat right there td - thanks!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

How many SEOAL girls teams went to state this year?

TVC - 1
SEOAL - 0

ShaaaaZaaam!

lol

warriornation
Riding the Bench

Post by warriornation »

Just heard that Dayton Dunbar lost by one earlier. Any truth to that?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

warriornation wrote:Just heard that Dayton Dunbar lost by one earlier. Any truth to that?
Wouldn't surprise me ... Kettering Alter was 7th in the state DII ... Dunbar was 10th ... it wouldn't really be an upset if Dunbar lost.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Warren 49
New Philly 47

... on the back of my Warren 2010-11 T-Shirt it reads "It's Basketball Thirty - to the Convo and Beyond !" with Evan Yabs first & only points in today's regional final the Big Bad Blue of Coach Maddox are going "BEYOND" - to C'bus, to the Schott, to the D2 final four, to The Show ... Congratulations to the Warren TEAM, coaches, fans, school community ... so awesome to be present as the Warriors continued to add banners to the decor at the Warrior Dome ... 2012-13 Sectional Champions, 2012-13 SE Ohio District Champions, 2012-13 SE Regional Champions ...

... I KNEW this game was going to be special 1) No Purple Teletubbies in the stands (although there was some type of sumo wrestling looking BIG thing in the Warrior student section - no fear of being confused for a purple hippo) 2) the NP student section was yelling a cheer "nu-phil-a-del-phi-a" WAAAAAAAY too many syllables in that one to catch on 3) the entire Warrior Nation was in the stands 4) Evan French was on the floor - obviously the only one of those 4 items that meant anything was that Evan French was wearing the Blue & White ... after carrying WHS to the regional final Thursday night with the 29 point night/27 in the 4th period & OT French picked up where he left off as the junior knocked down 2 first quarter bombs from somewhere in Meigs county (as 2old pointed out), Reece Patton added his own triple to go with 2 medium range jumpers by Michael Hall to get the Warren offense off to a good start BUT more importantly the Warren D was outstanding in qtrs one and two - great help defense in the paint, everything inside and outside was contested by the Blue and White ... Warren 13 New Philadelphia 8 after one ... quarter two was more of the same - all Warren defensively, keeping the NP offense limited to scoring by the Quaker "BIG" 6-6 Evan Boose (4 pts down low in each of the first two quarters for an 8 pt half to lead NP) ... Warren continued to punish NP from the perimeter ... New Philly threw a 1-3-1 zone at WHS only to have French & Co. shred the zone with 4 more treys in the 2nd - French 3/Dylan Leffingwell 1 - Warren 27 New Philadelphia 14 at the half ... Intermission is a time to regroup for the team on the short end of the score - adjustments ( I'm thinking that Coach Spurgeon for NP convinced his team that they had Warren right where they wanted them - rewind back to Thursday night Warren vs Athens ... WHS 22 AHS 11 with 4+ minutes to go in the 2nd, Athens went on a 35-11 run to take the lead by 11 after 3 qtrs.... fast forward to today 3rd quarter action - NP held Warren to 10 pts while getting 7 pts from Boose on put back buckets, with Marco Columbo adding 9 including a three ball ... NP 17-10 run ... no WHS perimeter scores in the 3rd ... NP took control of their offensive boards (5 of 6 fgs were of the put back variety) ... Warren 37 New Philadelphia 31 after three ... the 4th and final quarter had New Philly coming with the half court pressure turning the Warriors over 11 times in quarters 3 & 4 ... Evan Boose took over inside for NP hitting 12 points in the 4th/17 pts in the 2nd half/ Boose converted on 2 old fashioned 3 point plays in the final 2 minutes ... French was held scoreless in the 4th - needing A scorer - Reese Patton stepped up to hit 6 BIG 4th quarter points to keep the Warrior's heads above water ... a Marco Colombo midrange jumper tied the game at 47-47 ... the Quakers 33-20 run had drawn the Red & Black even with the BBB... Evan Boose/Marco Colombo put NP in position to go to C'bus ... the Warriors had been in close game scenario's in past Convo district appearances losing on last second shots , this time it was even bigger stakes - a chance to win a regional championship, move on to the Big Show - the final four ... Warriors ball with less that 20 secs to play, time out Warriors :10.5 to play ...from the computer keys of a Warren fan warriorfrosh " those last 9 seconds the ball was inbounded on the side by Patton no one was open then Dylan Leffingwell came to the ball about 12 feet from French...everyone was on the perimeter but no one was open....soooo Leff drove down the left side of the lane (just like he did many times in the Athens game), his left hand attempt carromed off the rim right into the soft hands of Evan Yabs....I was going crazy and thought the ball left his hand ahead of the red light but really wasn't sure....and it was over....I have seen the video of those last 9 seconds and that confirms it ....no matter the refs got that call correct...that 9 seconds is now a part of Warrior lore forever" - all of those near misses of years past erased! - the Convo scoreboard said it all : Warriors 49 0:00 Quakers 47 final ...

Pfloyd Napkin Stats - New Philadelphia

Scoring : Evan Boose 27, Marco Colombo 15, Dylan Hagan 5

3 Pointers: 1/10 ... Colombo 1

FTs : 6/11

TOs : 13

... great 3rd/4th quarter run by the Quakers ... 6-6 Evan Boose was a beast on the offensive boards for NP ... was this the same balanced offensive attack that eliminated St. Clairsville in the regional semi final - nope ... 1/10 from downtown, only 3 players dented the scorebook ... Warriors held NP's perimeter people Hagan/Beans/Johnson to 5 points / the trio had 25 vs SC ... the BIGS for NP came to play in the 2nd half - owning the boards/totaling 42 points between Colombo/Boose on the game ... New Philly WILL be back as the Quakers have 0 seniors on the roster ...

Pfloyd Napkin Stats - Warren

Scoring : Evan French 21, Reece Patton 15, Michael Hall 6, Dylan Leffingwell 5, Evan Yabs 2 - THE GAME WINNING PUT BACK

3 Pointers: 7/14 ... French 5, Patton 1, Leffingwell 1

FTs : 6/10

TOs : 15 ... 11 TOs in the 2nd half

... Reece Patton didn't get the "game winner" BUT I give the young man the "game ball" as his 10 second half points were HUGE for keeping the Warriors in position to get the "W" at the end of regulation ... the Warrior defense in the first half was some of the best I have seen this season - shutting down NP inside and out the first 16 minutes of action holding the Quakers to 14 first half points ... " ... to the Convo and Beyond !" - ON TO THE FINAL FOUR!!!

Last edited by pfloyd on Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote:How many SEOAL girls teams went to state this year?

TVC - 1
SEOAL - 0

ShaaaaZaaam!

lol

... I can't believe you played the "girls" card ????!!!! ... does that even count?!!! LOL

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

pfloyd wrote:Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

1. Ironton (18-2)/ Warren (21-1)

... the last 2 TEAMS standing ... both ranked #1 in the regular season final Elite 8 ranking, both SE Regional Champions in their respective division, both will be representing SE Ohio in Final Four play this coming week - it doesn't get any better than that OR DOES IT? can SEO get a state title ? Best of luck to both Warren & Ironton at the Show this week ...

... TreeHugger Wannabes ...

...Teams on the End Table ...

Gone

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote:That was one heckuva game ... one of the best I have seen in the Convo in quite some time.

We had 2old and Pfloyd (2 Chieftains) ... myself and coach Gibson (2 Bulldogs) ... all cheering on the Warriors together ... and then trojandave (Portsmouth) joined in as well ... lol ... proof that the southeast district sticks together when it counts!
... absolutely had SEOhio supporting the Big Blue today at the Convo ... Coach Gibson FINALLY made his way to the "real" Cheap Seat area - only took you 3 weeks to figure out where the best seats in the house are coach! LOL ... hate to see the games at the Convo end ! - totally enjoyed all of the folks that made their way to the Cheap Seats this year - talking hoops with friends both old and new/watching great hoops IS what Basketball Thirty is all about ... Lou Horvath "the voice" of high school hoops in Southern/Southeast Ohio did his usual outstanding job - he brings Basketball Thirty to life for ALL of the athletes who play their way to A'town - you're simply the best Lou ... a big thank you to all of the SEOP posters who found the cheap seats these last few weeks ... the coaches - both old friends and now new friends ... 93bulldog - thank you for making this 3 weeks of the year the best my friend , you & I have done a lot thru the many years we have been bantering back and forth on the Huddle/now SEOPs - thanks for making it memorable and special my friend ... today's Warren Regional Championship topped off the 3 Weeks of the Convo for me - I WILL be going to the Schott Thursday to see Coach Maddox & Co. put it on the line again so this season for pfloyd is NOT over yet ... I have been trying my best to see as many games as possible in the time I have been off of my cancer treatments - almost like this is my last chance to see the game I love - high school hoops ... today was a Jim Valvano moment for me - I laughed with friends at the Convo, I spent time thinking about this season and whether there would be seasons to come , I shed tears of joy with ALL of the Warren fans as they celebrated/shared their "W" today - it was "a heck of a day " ...

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

Unbelievable! In December when Warren lost to Cols Upper Arlington Coach Maddox said that's the type of team that they would have to beat to win a regional and they had to figure out a way to get 24 points better. Well coach "you figured it out" Coach Maddox and his staff Wow what a job! Watching you guys work is a thing of beauty. An amazing 2 games the Warriors played in this Regional tournament. Though not perfect but fittingly doing it the "hard way". A team some said was "snake bit" at The Convo REFUSED to lose! Starting with the senior leadership of Leffingwell, Yabs, Lang, Pannell and Drayer we are blessed to have this group out front and center leading the way. Like any team they were the benefit of some lucky bounces and a few calls but MOSTLY this team made their own breaks. They imposed there will on teams. After some of our big wins I heard they are lucky or a bad no call gave the Warriors the win. I heard how bad the SEOAL was and somehow that tainted what these kids were doing on the court. Well I say pooee" Lets see 4 SEOAL teams in 6 years with Regional Championships. Sounds like a pretty pretty good league to me!

GO BIG BAD BLUE!

Coach Kelley
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Kelley »

Ployd, you're definitely one of the best! Thank you for loving THE game and supporting our kids in SEO. We all continue sending our prayers your way, and know we are cheering you on!

Lets bring home two titles back below the line this year!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

FLOYD ... what are your plans for Thursday? Watching just the Warren game? Driving solo? is Mrs. Floyd gonna finally jump on the Warren bandwagon or does she have crops to tend too? lol

I'm thinking about going, ol 93Dog has NEVER been to any state basketball games ... this might be a 'good opportunity' to scope things out before my DOGS make it next year ... lol ... check out the seating, where is a good place to watch - where is not ... this way I'm not heading up to the final four next season blind ... and yes, I have a 'WARREN BLUE' sweatshirt to wear ... it says KANSAS on it - but I think it will work.

:)

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

93Dog...... I' got a REAL Warrior Nation shirt 4 ya. As far as that trip to the Final 4 next year better wait and see what the BIG BAD BLUE have to say about that lol. The way the community comes together to support whoever is left standing. I'm sure there will be many SEOAL, Vinton Co, Athens, Unioto and New Philly fans that will be Warrior fans come Thursday. You don't see that from the city teams. Say what they want about SEO basketball but I LOVE THIS GAME!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... 93dog - I'm going up Thursday after school lets out (by the time I can GET OUT of the parking lot it will be 3 or so)- it's a one hour drive to the minute (the James is located a 1/2 mile from the Schott), I have a ticket set aside for me (I'll know it's location when I get it in my hands this week) , Mrs. Pfloyd will be harvesting crops LOL ...

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

cant wait for the recap!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

LetsGoPSU ... the recap will be done Thursday night my friend so you will have the game napkin stats before newspapers of any kind hit the stands ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... have my ticket for the Warren vs SVSM game in hand ! Section 207 Row B Seat 9 ... (smiling) ... Coach Maddox and the Timmy Mauck "ticket delivery" service - thank you ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote:Coach Maddox and the Timmy Mauck "ticket delivery" service - thank you.
kickback #329 ... state tournament tickets "delivered".

the case file for 'fans of the Elite 8' vs pfloyd is growing by larger by the day ...... :mrgreen:

Return to “Boys Basketball”