Warren (23-1) vs Vinton County (19-4) - March 7th - 8:15

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Warren (23-1) vs Vinton County (19-4) - March 7th - 8:15

Post by Ironman92 »

Geez what is your deal with Warren and Coach Maddox? Lol

Who are all these people saying how great the SEOAL is and why does it bother you so much?

Warren is very very good and one of the best teams around here....VC is also very good and has enough to win.....Combs and Maddox are excellent coaches and have excellent programs, really not much need to delve far away from that.

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

Just ignore this idiot....he has nothing relevant or constructive to add to the conversation...the game this Thursday is between 2 good basketball programs and these teenage boys on both teams will be playing their guts out to get the win....will be a very hard fought game and the best team that night will win...

Bigbadbluefan
Waterboy

Post by Bigbadbluefan »

Warren is good this year, and I really believe this is their best opportunity to win a district championship. Why? I think a big factor is the "mental" aspect of knowing their nemesis have been ousted already... Chillicothe, Logan Elm, and Fairland. Warren has a lot of pride and will not overlook their opponents! They have beaten Athens and I feel they match up well with both Vinton Co. and Miami Trace. Guess we will see?, and if they would happen to lose? Guess what.. I promise you now, they will be back at the Convo next year playing for another chance at a District Championship.. Good programs rebuild... Great programs RELOAD!

warriornation
Riding the Bench

Post by warriornation »

Bigbadbluefan wrote:Warren is good this year, and I really believe this is their best opportunity to win a district championship. Why? I think a big factor is the "mental" aspect of knowing their nemesis have been ousted already... Chillicothe, Logan Elm, and Fairland. Warren has a lot of pride and will not overlook their opponents! They have beaten Athens and I feel they match up well with both Vinton Co. and Miami Trace. Guess we will see?, and if they would happen to lose? Guess what.. I promise you now, they will be back at the Convo next year playing for another chance at a District Championship.. Good programs rebuild... Great programs RELOAD!
Could not agree more. I believe that if Warren can get by Vinton County, I think that Athens will handle Miami Trace setting up another great game in the regional semifinal. But by chance if Warren does not make it, with French, Patton and Hall all returning next year and an undefeated JV team to reload from, I think Warren makes it further next year than they do this year. All that being said, Athens returns a fantastic team next year as well. These two teams will be battling for many years to come.

lil vike supporter
Waterboy

Post by lil vike supporter »

Let's go Vikings! I seen you play like you was the best team around. Let's do it Thursday!

Rabeanos0512
Freshman Team

Post by Rabeanos0512 »

lil vike supporter wrote:Let's go Vikings! I seen you play like you was the best team around. Let's do it Thursday!

:shock: :shock: :shock: English 101

domain master
Freshman Team

Post by domain master »

93 bulldog, Miami-Trace did not win the SCOL basketball, that would be SCOL State Football Champion CLINTON-MASSIE by 2 games.

Been B&B
Riding the Bench

Post by Been B&B »

I give Warren the edge but anything can happen in the tourney... Whoever was bad mouthing Warren has to be uninformed... they are a class program with a class guy as their head coach.. I hope all the VC fans aren't that "uninformed", if they are I'll bring my pet tigers with me and you can poke them in the eye with a stick for fun if you want to... I am not a Warren fan just stating a fact...

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

Only about 30 hours till game time!! Pretty quiet on this monumental game.....Feeling anxious? psyched? nervous? scared? confident? bored? :roll:

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

Good one!!

Report this postReply with quoteRe: (poll) Pfloyd's Elite 8 (final edition) - Tournament Thr
by 93Bulldog » March 6th, 2013, 12:49 pm

Missing the DII finals is like:

- going to mardi gras - but not attending the parade or visiting Bourbon Street.

- its like going to the Daytona 500 - but only watching the Nationwide race on Saturday.

- its like having tickets to the World Series - but you decide to skip out on game 7.

- its like going to the Cotton Bowl - instead of the BCS national championship game.

- its like attending the 'play-in' games at Dayton - instead of going to watch the Final Four!

lolLast edited by 93Bulldog on March 6th, 2013, 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

warriorfrosh wrote:Only about 30 hours till game time!! Pretty quiet on this monumental game.....Feeling anxious? psyched? nervous? scared? confident? bored? :roll:

All of those! Lol

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Good game early, but then the size of Warren takes over. Warriors by 10

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Less than 24 hours away now, should be a great matchup!
Go Blue!

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

If you check this link after about 5:30 a.m. today, then you should see a preview piece posted for this game.

I think 5:30 is when it was/is set to launch.

Anyway, had a good conversation with Coach Combs at Vinton County about this contest.

Good luck to both teams tonight at the Convo.

http://www.jacksoncountydaily.com

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"But if I'm right, and we can stop this thing, Lenny.....you......will have saved the lives of millions of registered voters." — Ghostbusters :mrgreen: :)

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Great moments are born from great opportunity. And that's what you have here tonight, boys. That's what you've earned here, tonight. One game. If we played 'em ten times, they might win nine. But not this game. Not tonight. Tonight, we run with 'em. Tonight, we stay with 'em, and we shut them down because we can! Tonight, we are the greatest basketball team in the southeast district. You were born to be basketball players -- every one of ya. And you were meant to be here tonight. This is your time. Their time -- is done. It's over. I'm sick and tired of hearin' about what a great basketball team the Warriors have. Screw 'em! This is your time!! Now go out there and take it!!

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Warren by 20

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

Nice article in the Jackson County Times on Coach Combs and Vinton County....Warren will not win this one by 20....Dundas is excited but has gotten a little carried away from drinking the maroon koolaid.....the winner will do it with 5 points or less....here is this mornings Marietta Times article.....IT'S GAME TIME!!

http://www.mariettatimes.com/page/conte ... l?nav=5027

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

Game day, heading up to get my tickets early and pumped up!! Games are going to be awesome tonight!! Hate to see any of these teams lose!! All quality programs with some great kids.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Good luck Vikings!!
GO TVC!

ML247
Waterboy

Post by ML247 »

Go Vikings!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”