Kretzer/Akron vs Kent st. today 3-8 on ESPN2 7:00 p.m.

cowbell oh
Riding the Bench

Kretzer/Akron vs Kent st. today 3-8 on ESPN2 7:00 p.m.

Post by cowbell oh »

akron pt.guard off team players will have to step up.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Kretzer/Akron vs Kent st. today 3-8 on ESPN2 7:00 p.m.

Post by smurray »

Yep, hopefully they won't be stripped of the MAC Championship. You never know about the NCAA!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Not really sure how you can strip a team of something they accomplished before the arrest.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I wouldnt think so either but who knows with the NCAA. There shouldnt be any team repercussions from it, other than losing your starting point guard.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

i wonder if justice will get to play some with the good guard missing?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

sparky wrote:i wonder if justice will get to play some with the good guard missing?
It would be nice. Their backup just went out with a cramp in this one as well. Just give him a shot.
Last edited by TribeManiac10 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

what are the craps? did you mean cramps? or a cramp? if he's got cramps he could have more troubles than he realizes.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

sparky wrote:what are the craps? did you mean cramps? or a cramp? if he's got cramps he could have more troubles than he realizes.
A cramp. He is back in the game.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

good save. i wonder if n.ky would be interested in justice? i would think rio or shawnee would be interested if he wanted to go that direction. i would like to see him go somewhere where he gets to play. if he transferred to naia or d3 would he have to sit a yr?

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Kent State holds on for 68-64 victory over regular season champ Akron. Zips finish league play at 14-2.

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

Bobcats get a share with a win tomorrow!

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

smurray wrote:Yep, hopefully they won't be stripped of the MAC Championship. You never know about the NCAA!

You smoking the same stuff as Abreau? After tomorrow they will be co-Champs. And do really think a guy was buying 5lbs and his teammates did not know where all that stuff was going? Doesn't matter, Akron's season just went up in "SMOKE"

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

sparky wrote:good save. i wonder if n.ky would be interested in justice? i would think rio or shawnee would be interested if he wanted to go that direction. i would like to see him go somewhere where he gets to play. if he transferred to naia or d3 would he have to sit a yr?

You want him to go from NCAA DI to playing mid week games at Good Shepard Manor?...please! The old bartender at the Maple Grove would score 20 on Rio.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

i would rather play on a d3 or naia team than sit the bench on a mac team or just about any d1 team.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

sparky wrote:good save. i wonder if n.ky would be interested in justice? i would think rio or shawnee would be interested if he wanted to go that direction. i would like to see him go somewhere where he gets to play. if he transferred to naia or d3 would he have to sit a yr?
If he goes anywhere it will probably be a D2 school in the GMAC or GLIAC, an NAIA D1 school like Shawnee State would be a little more of a stretch but who knows. Upper level NAIA teams like Pikeville, Georgetown, and Lindsey Wilson would all give the MAC lower tier a scare if they went head to head. Elisha Justice, who played at Louisville last season, currently plays for Pikeville and Georgetown had a kid on their squad last season that previously played at Florida State. One thing I will say for sure though is that he will not play at a D3 school due to their inability to offer athletic scholarships.
Last edited by TribeManiac10 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

sparky wrote:i would rather play on a d3 or naia team than sit the bench on a mac team or just about any d1 team.
But a free education is more important than a playing preference, IMO. I'd take sitting for 4/5 years and not paying a lick for school then getting some D3 minutes and paying ridiculous loans for the next 20 years.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

i agree about the money. tribe said d3 was out of the question. with the cost of d3 i don't know how they get players. must be a lot of grants out there. so d2 or naia would be able to offer scholarships. tyler morgan from western brown ended up at shawnee and he is completing a very good naia basketball career. could have gone to some small d1 or a d2 school. i would bet he is very happy with his decision. set some shawnee records. bennington from west union is at shawnee now and doing quite well. brett beucler had a successful career at rio.

Return to “Boys Basketball”